Patch Notes September Update - Patch 3

Greetings Commanders,

The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for all platforms on the 10 October at 07:00 (UTC) to apply the September Update - Patch 3.

Thank you for your understanding.

Please find the full Patch Notes below:

Cockpit UI
  • Fixed an issue that caused multiple modules to appear to change priorities instead of just the one that was selected
  • Fixed a small performance stutter when opening the modules tab
Crashes/Stability
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when handing in a mission
  • Fixed the issue causing a softlock at mission boards (and removed the workaround missions)
Exploration
  • Fixed an issue where the system map was missing Commander names for First Discovered and First Mapped
General
  • (Xbox One only) Replaced 'Debug Test' text that appeared when giving a ship a name or ID on Xbox One with 'Enter Ship Name/ID'
  • Fixed missing Flak Launcher VFX
  • Fixed an issue that stopped some previously allowed characters from being able to be used in ship IDs
Network
  • Fixed an issue where some types of non-Ethernet connections were rejected
  • Further work has been made towards restoring VPN connections by:
    • (PC only) Adding ability for players to select which network adapter to use in the network options list (VPN connections will appear here)
      • Note if you change the selected Network Adapter here, you will also need to restart the game
    • Stopping the game from terminating if unable to connect to a network. This allows players into the network options screen to check that their VPN connection is selected
Render
  • (Xbox One only) Fixed a screen tearing issue on Xbox One when in 4k Quality mode
Many thanks!!!

September Update - Patch 3.

I've noticed a fairly significant reworking of the AppConfig.xml file's networking section. Some of the changes seem to be the reintegration of the options from AppConfigLocal.xml, but two new ones stand out.

Can we get some information on what the "SentinelsEnabled" and "LogTodebug" variables control?

Does anyone know if deep core mining in a wing works in any circumstances? So if you have only one CMDR with prospectors and seismics and another just in the wing with collectors, is it OK?

Fear not my fine fellow...I plan to write an open letter about FCs. That should keep you entertained for a few minutes :)

Please add some musings about ARX and, if possible, even more advanced versions of the Docking Computer (i.e evolving into a navigation computer for micro-jumps or integrating the SC assistant at least) and we should have enough fun until December and beyond. If nothing helps, Premium accounts or Open only are a last resort. The audience likes those topics in particular, trust me ;)

O7,
🙃

Thanks for the update, fingers crossed ;)

Given the long wait between updates now I hope that bug fixing patches and notices of server-side fixes will become a more regular occurrence.

Please add some musings about ARX and, if possible, even more advanced versions of the Docking Computer (i.e evolving into a navigation computer for micro-jumps or integrating the SC assistant at least) and we should have enough fun until December and beyond. If nothing helps, Premium accounts or Open only are a last resort. The audience likes those topics in particular, trust me ;)

O7,
🙃

Open only? You mean just only Open mode for the game? Or ... Power Play Open Only?
Cos the last one people been supporting enough ... there been voting in multiple info channels where more then 70% of people been agree with the proposal.
Am I not right?

As we did since day 1.

Hey CMDR's, Just a little surprised here that there are only a few likes on Will OP above. Surely it could do with a few more. Well I'm not that clever it seems 'cos there's knocking on 100 likes (I didn't recognise the "90+ others" bit)
After-all, he's the one who is communicating .... might be good to send his OP here a few more nods of appreciation.... thoughts?

S!

Note: I'm not blind to the short-comings here with these updates but also firm of the thinking we need to be good to those doing their job!

I bet there would be an army of beta testers willing to test new features and check that existing features still work. Perhaps the testing would need to be more formally planned: you, you, and you - test this, that, and the other feature/aspect of the game. This is a large and complex piece of software so it's not surprising there are many unexpected behaviours.

The more I think about all that, more I think that FD's do not have enough man power/time to do all things right. Cos the most of the team working on something els... On something big. New Era may be?

The more I think about all that, more I think that FD's do not have enough man power/time to do all things right. Cos the most of the team working on something els... On something big. New Era may be?
Seems unlikely - they'd have posted that if it was the case... probably would have posted it several times by now, if it were true...

Top Bottom