Game Discussions Well.. looking at Steam charts..

Calling people white knights is rude to begin with by the way.

By a few orders of magnitudes less than the way white knights respond to everyone else. This is hard fact.

Stigbob earns respect for being a white knight proudly. There's no concession for people who want to act in a manner then escape the title because they... ???

What about ? hes still here.

Yeah well if (and only if) you call me on it for everyone else, ill have to concede to being wrong sure.

Naah that's not true, stuart gt is a white knight.

I think to me what pushes people over the line from well meaning into a white knight must be if they are also rude to people. Over the base of apologetic standpoint and pushing that non objective / niche stance onto others.
Hahahaha! 🤣

By a few orders of magnitudes less than the way white knights respond to everyone else. This is hard fact.
Nope. 🤷‍♂️

As we already established, white knights do not exist. One of your best examples for a white knight was Stuart GT, who happens to be one of the initiators of the Open Letter / Petition. Since that was quite clearly criticism, your definition of white knight is demonstrably nonsense, which is the only hard fact here.

Nope. 🤷‍♂️

As we already established, white knights do not exist. One of your best examples for a white knight was Stuart GT, who happens to be one of the initiators of the Open Letter / Petition. Since that was quite clearly criticism, your definition of white knight is demonstrably nonsense, which is the only hard fact here.

Your efforts to convince yourself that you don't exist are amazing.

It doesn't work for anyone not like you, sorry.

What about ? hes still here.

Yeah well if (and only if) you call me on it for everyone else, ill have to concede to being wrong sure.

Naah that's not true, stuart gt is a white knight.

I think to me what pushes people over the line from well meaning into a white knight must be if they are also rude to people. Over the base of apologetic standpoint and pushing that non objective / niche stance onto others.
White-Knighting is opportunistic. You don't normally see White Knights being rude to anybody. Mostly because most of the time, they're playing the game. In fact, most of the time they don't even exist. There are the normal users - the bulk of the bell curve - some of them are playing the game, some of them don't, some play occasionally but they all share at least a partial love for the game and are willing to discuss matters or sometimes even come up with helpful suggestions. Out of these people, White Knights are spawned when another type of forum user enters the discussion - a disgusted ex-player who just spitefully frequents the forum to troll. It is these people who then complain White Knights are rude, but honestly - if you look carefully you'll find out a White Knight is usually rude only in self-defense. :p

Last edited:
White-Knighting is opportunistic. You don't normally see White Knights being rude to anybody. Mostly because most of the time, they're playing the game. In fact, most of the time they don't even exist. There are the normal users - the bulk of the bell curve - some of them are playing the game, some of them don't, some play occasionally but they all share at least a partial love for the game and are willing to discuss matters or sometimes even come up with helpful suggestions. Out of these people, White Knights are spawned when another type of forum user enters the discussion - a disgusted ex-player who just spitefully frequents the forum to troll. It is these people who then complain White Knights are rude, but honestly - if you look carefully you'll find out a White Knights is usually rude only in self-defense. :p
There is enough trolls - call them white knight or hater - it doesnt matter. Off to the ignore list they go when they become too annoying.

White-Knighting is opportunistic. You don't normally see White Knights being rude to anybody. Mostly because most of the time, they're playing the game. In fact, most of the time they don't even exist. There are the normal users - the bulk of the bell curve - some of them are playing the game, some of them don't, some play occasionally but they all share at least a partial love for the game and are willing to discuss matters or sometimes even come up with helpful suggestions. Out of these people, White Knights are spawned when another type of forum user enters the discussion - a disgusted ex-player who just spitefully frequents the forum to troll. It is these people who then complain White Knights are rude, but honestly - if you look carefully you'll find out a White Knights is usually rude only in self-defense. :p

Your efforts to convince yourself that you don't exist are amazing.

It doesn't work for anyone not like you, sorry.
I could always just look up a few posts where I clearly criticised FDEV, but I get the feeling that this wouldn't stop your delusions.
Guess what? I enjoy wasting my time:

That's some of my criticism and suggestions for the game. There are also a few hundred posts where I directly criticise FDEV but I am too lazy to look them up. Let me guess, it doesn't count as non white knight criticism because I am not insulting enough?

White-Knighting is opportunistic. You don't normally see White Knights being rude to anybody. Mostly because most of the time, they're playing the game. In fact, most of the time they don't even exist. There are the normal users - the bulk of the bell curve - some of them are playing the game, some of them don't, some play occasionally but they all share at least a partial love for the game and are willing to discuss matters or sometimes even come up with helpful suggestions. Out of these people, White Knights are spawned when another type of forum user enters the discussion - a disgusted ex-player who just spitefully frequents the forum to troll. It is these people who then complain White Knights are rude, but honestly - if you look carefully you'll find out a White Knight is usually rude only in self-defense. :p

Oh yes i absolutely agree. I only bump heads with them when they're apologetic. What you describe i think is a great community service.

EDIT: And also on the topic of white knights in general, some seem very sensitive about it.

It seems ED has twice the number of players on average than NMS.
ED: https://steamcharts.com/app/359320#7d
NMS: https://steamcharts.com/app/275850#7d

Not too bad considering NMS had a major content update recently, while Elite only had the ARX shop update with (allegedly ;))many metric tons of bugs.

NMS has huge peaks of players at major content updates, but they all fade away from the game rather quick.
NMS only manages to keep a few percent(~5% of last peak) of players interested.

Meanwhile Elite has kept ~25% of its all-time peak, playing the game regularly.

It seems Frontier has a solid foundation to continue building on.

Great stuff!

Comparing the 1 year trends is very interesting.

While I'm a fan of both games, I've taken a break from NMS since the last update broke co-op for my friends and I :-( Can't stay in the same instance - hopefully they will fix it soon!

Guess what? I enjoy wasting my time:

That's some of my criticism and suggestions for the game. There are also a few hundred posts where I directly criticise FDEV but I am too lazy to look them up. Let me guess, it doesn't count as non white knight criticism because I am not insulting enough?

Hey, i wasn't the one who declared you chief of the white knights, i only liked the post. :p

Hey, i wasn't the one who declared you chief of the white knights, i only liked the post. :p
It's not like I don't have humour, which is why I also liked Leo's post. But when you say I try to convince myself that I don't exist you clearly call me a white knight.

Let's look at some of your white knights:
Stuart GT: Not a white knight, initiated the petition.
Babelfisch: Not a white knight, regularly posts criticism.
Stigbob: That guy is an edge case. Personally I believe he is not a white knight. He just likes to disagree with people. If everyone on this forum would love the game he would probably hate it... :D Since being rude is one of your criteria for being a white knight, Stigbob doesn't count. He might be annoying but he is mostly less rude than the people in a discussion with him.

So are we at the point where you agree that white knights are mostly made up because people can't cope with the idea that not everyone shares their subjective opinion?

Karrde Sun: Babelfisch you are not a white knight.
Karrde Sun: Babelfisch you are a white knight.

In just one post. Am I Schrödingers white knight or what?!

Have i personally ever implied you're a white knight? Max Factor (who probably isnt) and Ian Skippy yes i have, but i only seem to remember you picking trouble with me using the term because you're obsessed with convincing me that white knights dont exist. I remember a few fss jousts with you but we backed off into our own corners quicky enough.

Top Bottom