Nicely done Jorki, but I'm concerned about the rolling together of TDW and Raxxla. TDW is meant to on an 8th moon etc. The toast is for raxxla. The pic of the red star is TDW related.

On the subject of Salome - although a drak wheel emblem is found in her ship, was it not planted there to incriminate her? What evidence do we have of her membership?

The club /= TDW - The club works against the likes of TDW - if anything TDW is out to expose them. TDW seem to me to be a small organisation who must hide to survive, not some all powerful group. They are the under-dogs seeking to discover the truth.

I don’t think it’s that separate. I think the two are linked (since it is TDW’s toast!), but of course they may not be. I’m looking for both, in the expectation that finding the one will lead to the other.

That the station orbits the 8th moon of a GG is an assertion by Lyta Crane, and the codex itself says “rival experts have accused Crane of forging her evidence in order to maintain the revenue from her billions of followers” while her name is LYT Arcane, which suggests some doubt about her creditability. Though I think the rest of the codex on the dark station etc is likely to be correct. The reason I think 8th moon is wrong is the codex pic that shows an orbis station, planet and red subdwarf star; I don’t think a GG would form that close to a red subdwarf (though, as always, I may be wrong).

I can’t remember where I got the idea that Salomé et al were all part of TDW, but it was probably Drew Wagar’s lore thread. Certainly in Premonition the spiky haired woman (Elyssia?) represented TDW, and was closely associated with Rebecca, who got Salomé started on her Dynasty quest. Hence TDW are antagonistic to The Club.

On the subject of Salome - although a drak wheel emblem is found in her ship, was it not planted there to incriminate her? What evidence do we have of her membership?

The club /= TDW - The club works against the likes of TDW - if anything TDW is out to expose them. TDW seem to me to be a small organisation who must hide to survive, not some all powerful group. They are the under-dogs seeking to discover the truth.

Salome - I deleted a similar entry earlier on. My hypothesis went, what proof that she joined the DW? Rather than say be kidnapped by or a total red herring to cover something else? She would know too much surely? She was never supposed to be Miss Goody Two Shoes so maybe she and the DW are a conniving org and not too unlike the Club? If so though, how could she plan to retire in safety in Colonia? Who would her enemies actually be, the Club, everyone?

And that's where it ran into problems so I put it aside.

The 2nd bit, that's what I always believed, but maybe its not true...power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely...its already split in two once in its history....not impossible just unlikely?

I can’t remember where I got the idea that Salomé et al were all part of TDW, but it was probably Drew Wagar’s lore thread. Certainly in Premonition the spiky haired woman (Elyssia?) represented TDW, and was closely associated with Rebecca, who got Salomé started on her Dynasty quest. Hence TDW are antagonistic to The Club.

When Salome escaped/was kidnapped/went missing while being transported to prison she left some clothes and a tiara or a ring (iirc) behind in the ship which implied the DW. For some reason the implication was she had maybe joined them as opposed to just doing something for them, the dropping of the 'veils'....maybe, a lot of it was implied or could be read a few different ways....ambiguous.

A lot was left unexplained as she didnt make it to Tionisla, she had a speech prepared she, loved speeches, to paraphrase the explanation. Either way she was going to retire in peace and into obscurity, written about no more anyway. So it was a closed chapter one way or the other, it finished and was its own thing. Possibly not supposed to lead directly or indirectly to the DW but just to add to the mystery of them...if it was them of course.

Something crazy. What if DW station placed in the L3 of system Alpha Centauri A+B and Proxima?.. Another voyage for another 2 hours.

I did check all 5 lagrange points of Eden-Proxima but found nothing. Doesn’t mean it’s not worth checking again, it’s difficult to get accurate positioning on them & it may be that you have to be quite close for the station to instance. I’m out at Hutton Orbital again, will have another look see, and another go at those darned annacondas if I find them...didn’t think of A/B-Proxima L points, and with these bodies I suspect it would be around an hour per Lpoint! Also difficult to find the points since the A/B centre of gravity is not measurable by ship instruments. Also it would be unlikely as the codex pic clearly shows a planet reasonably close.

Is it possible to follow a high wake into a permit-locked system without having the permit??? Wondering if I need to follow the wake of the npcs that appeared at L2; got a FSWS fitted now.

Last edited:
OK, so as soon as I scanned Eden I got the convoy under attack, but not sure if I'm supposed to assist the convoy or join the attackers. When you get the info up on a target it shows:
Wanted
then a faction.

Is that faction the faction they belong to , or the faction that has imposed the bounty on them??? (You can see I don't do combat very often!)

OK, have investigated Proxima-Eden L2 again, got (wanted) Hutton Orbital ships (python + two annies?) attacking a convoy from some other faction). Eden blots out Proxima, so doesn't represent the codex pic. I've travelled out 5.54ls from Proxima to get that visual relationship of Eden against Proxima to correspond to the pic. Sat waiting.... no station here: I expect three will turn up together eventually!

At least say when it is in the strem 🙃
watching it while checking out lagrange points. Drew Wagar has Cmdr Plater doing a supposed test for TDW set by Alessia Verdi, involving trip to Tionisla graveyard tourist beacon, then Achenar, then ...only as far as I've got. Trail starts around 7 mins in. Suspect it is not representative of the DW test that FD will have set- DW has said frequently he knows nothing of Raxxla, not sure how much he knows of TDW

watching it while checking out lagrange points. Drew Wagar has Cmdr Plater doing a supposed test for TDW set by Alessia Verdi, involving trip to Tionisla graveyard tourist beacon, then Achenar, then ...only as far as I've got. Trail starts around 7 mins in. Suspect it is not representative of the DW test that FD will have set- DW has said frequently he knows nothing of Raxxla, not sure how much he knows of TDW

Yes its a lore tour of his books really. But interesting watching him control an NPC..

OK, so as soon as I scanned Eden I got the convoy under attack, but not sure if I'm supposed to assist the convoy or join the attackers. When you get the info up on a target it shows:
Wanted
then a faction.

Is that faction the faction they belong to , or the faction that has imposed the bounty on them??? (You can see I don't do combat very often!)
It's the faction they belong to.

The club aren't about saving their own hide. They're elitists with god complexes that believe they can save humanity and must do what they do because the petty concerns of the masses are too caught up in their own tiny lives to be able to manage and handle the scope of issues that are galaxy wide that they (the club) are aware of. I suspect that if such a plan to save humanity is actually put into place and most of humanity is lost...they will no longer be hidden and will surface as powerful saviors and leaders and cement their control and re-shape the power structure of all of humanity (fed / empire / etc gone)...

They could certainly save themselves easily. But that would leave them without any power. And I'm sure after so many years of convincing themselves how right they are to do what they do, they truly believe they are acting on humanity's behalf for the best. So they may even have an almost religious conviction to save humanity ...even from itself.

if it was going to be written correctly...the club wouldn't be concerned with simple ideas like self preservation and personal greed or basically anything related to oneself. They'd be beyond those things ....wholly committed to the mission statement. Closer to the mindset of a cultist who's simultaneously leading the cult and brainwashed by it's religion.

i think it's interesting that the club dealt with one of their own defecting not with true death, but with mind wiping, allowing her to live (repeatedly (she had been repeatedly mind wiped everytime she started back on the path of recovering what she initially defected for)). Why was she so special? What kind of respect must she have commanded to not be killed by an organization who appears to have had no problem with sending hundreds if not thousands to their death in setting up the escape routes? Wasn't the idea that salome was a clone of her?

It seems unlikely that we've seen the culmination of their preparations, and it sees unlikely that they were wrong to make them. At some point it seems pretty clear that the bubble is going to collapse and we'll be forced to scatter....and mount a protracted resistance as underdogs. ...to eventually be able to drive back the enemy enough to start rebuilding. The question is how long until fdev is ready to put that into motion. However, I dont think raxxla plays into any of this. Raxxla is meant to be an ever present treat dangled in front of players indefinitely. It's greatest purpose is realized while it's not found. So unless it moves ....it seems unlikely anything in the game will ever hint at where to find it or will it be utilized in game. Instead, i think the dark wheel will revolve around the club, alien threats, and contingency plans. Basically the invisible hand that will shape the new power structure once all of the old seats of power fall.

Anybody progressed the Alpha Centauri theory? I found a threat 0 convoy which split up and jumped to three different systems. Went to all three but found nothing.
Not sure I can bear the trip back out to Proxima again!

So in regards to far supercruise trips. This is an idea I had a while back that I'd wished to have worked on but didn't.
In the Dark Wheel novella Jason Ryder's ship was the Nemesis. IRL, there's a hypothetical second sun, a small brown dwarf, in Sol. It should be roughly 5hrs away in Elite Speed, maybe further. This second sun is named Nemesis because it's believed to cause catastrophe and extinctions when it nears Earth in it's orbital path.
Now, irl, this is unlikely, but given the name, it makes me wonder. We have the Nemesis ELW being orbited by the HMC Pandora in Momus Reach
Now, IRL in 2019 there's also another hypothesized planet, a 9th planet, just like Nemesis. The Elite 9th planet discovered in Elite's Sol is Persephone and she's been a frequent character.
The 9th planet being there could indicate that Nemesis is too. Maybe the FSS cant see the distance, or it's undetectable. I really wish I'd had tried this personally.
The longest supercruise to a body in game is Dabih Major in the Capricorn constellation at a roughly 3hr supercruise and the FSS works for it, but no stations, and just ice moons.
Nemesis seems suspect to me.

Last edited:
Not to try to high jack the thread or say im trolling etc, but from the very start of the game, the quest for raxxla is a folk tail, a wild goose chase per say, if you really look from where it originated from. It is not real nor will ever be found because it just doesn't exist at all. The quest to find raxxla was a treasure hunt from the start to get you to just waste your time and create some type of reason to look. I am not trying to high jack your thread nor troll before any of the mods get ban happy. It is just my 2 cents as i have been playing the game for over 3 years. All this time wasted for this so called quest is just a waste of time and never existed from the get go.

My question for you is "what is Raxxla?"
Of course we all know your answer. You don't know. So being that you don't know What It Is, how can you confidently state that it's not there and can't be found?

Last edited:
Top Bottom