Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Getting wanted because a wanted ship start shooting you and you return fire before scan completes... I know the other was wanted because it was a ship mission target and it had attacked me and narrowly escaped before. Very annoying to then get sent to detention without any warning (no, there was no warning, the authority contact warning just said "pay bounty" and then you were sent straight to the detention screen).
You don't have to go to a detention ship. Instead, whenever you become wanted, go directly to an Interstellar Factor in the nearest low security system. He will clear the bounty on you so you can carry on as normal. It just adds a slight diversion to your business.

Last edited:
Look closely and you’ll see it does say Hand Yourself In, in the text but not on the button. It’s easy to miss. You can avoid the detention by going to an Interstellar Factor and paying off your bounty there.
You don't have to go to a detention ship. Instead, whenever you become wanted, go directly to an Interstellar Factor in the nearest low security system. He will clear the bounty on you so you can carry on as normal. It just adds a slight diversion to your business.
I know you can do this with the interstellar factor, but I'm not convinced it actually said that I was handing myself in when I was at the station. It just said "Bounties" in the title and "Bounty XX faction - 400 cr" and a "Pay" button. I didn't see any other text. When I clicked "Pay" it got me straight to "Detention facility" screen with ship etc and no cancel that I could find.

I know you can do this with the interstellar factor, but I'm not convinced it actually said that I was handing myself in when I was at the station. It just said "Bounties" in the title and "Bounty XX faction - 400 cr" and a "Pay" button. I didn't see any other text. When I clicked "Pay" it got me straight to "Detention facility" screen with ship etc and no cancel that I could find.
Next time look closely - it is really easy to miss

Here's a classic of Mr Ed doing just the same thing

Spent last night is a supposedly haunted hotel. Didn't see any ghosts but I did have an odd dream which I shall blame ED for...

Thargoids landed on Earth (although they looked bipedal and had heads like red squids behind the visors of their helmets) on a peaceful mission of first contact.

An AJ squared away jarhead robot military type (as depicted by Hollywood, not the real military) fired a full magazine from an M16 into the chest area of said Thargoid.

Peace went bye bye, war broke out, Earth was turned into "Waterworld".

Getting wanted because a wanted ship start shooting you and you return fire before scan completes... I know the other was wanted because it was a ship mission target and it had attacked me and narrowly escaped before. Very annoying to then get sent to detention without any warning (no, there was no warning, the authority contact warning just said "pay bounty" and then you were sent straight to the detention screen).

Hey,man,i ended up in Odin's Crag last night for getting lost and jumping the wall.I don't get surface bases.They seem all nice and pie when you dock, but then when you try to get to your ship they straFE YOU FROM the air and open up with goliaths. Pretty light show,though,but I mean,why?

I dropped in at Eavesdown,thought id stretch my legs in the srv after a busy day evaluating my new crew member. Didn't think they'd drop me through the floor. Couldn't find the way back up,so i took the ramp.locked onto ship and drove all the way around it to make sure it was the right pad,then hopped the wall.Bad mistake,'cos i didn't quite make lt,and that drew the attention of the fuzz,so i scarperd out into the desert and came back for a second try.
If there's a button for the Personal Vehicle Egress Elevator i haven't figured it out yet.
Next time i'ma keep heading out and recall the ship from the desert.

THAT was a close fight! A one on one with an Elite 'conda (NPC obs!). Started one shield ring down and ended up taking module damage. In the end, I think it was victory through superior fire power rather than any skill on my part! :D It scratched my paint!

More than enough excitement for one night, methinks. Just do some mat gathering before the land of nod beckons.

I dropped in at Eavesdown,thought id stretch my legs in the srv after a busy day evaluating my new crew member. Didn't think they'd drop me through the floor. Couldn't find the way back up,so i took the ramp.locked onto ship and drove all the way around it to make sure it was the right pad,then hopped the wall.Bad mistake,'cos i didn't quite make lt,and that drew the attention of the fuzz,so i scarperd out into the desert and came back for a second try.
If there's a button for the Personal Vehicle Egress Elevator i haven't figured it out yet.
The docks for SRV are next to/under the pads - if you request docking as usual then you can go to any docking point to get back onboard. Best way to recognise the locations is to take a look when you undock the SRV as they aren't that obvious. You don't go up to the ship to redock, as you found out.

THAT was a close fight! A one on one with an Elite 'conda (NPC obs!). Started one shield ring down and ended up taking module damage. In the end, I think it was victory through superior fire power rather than any skill on my part! :D It scratched my paint!

More than enough excitement for one night, methinks. Just do some mat gathering before the land of nod beckons.
What, hang on there!
Superior firepower is not skillz?
(Returns Elite badge :().

HazRes was new to me until ToF mentioned it, now I know what this is all about, in a Corvette this is a weapons test and PIP management training range.... :)

Tested so far, all else being equal:
(3D beam laser G3 long range thermal vent, 2F Multicannons G5 overcharged corrosive/autoloader, 2G pulse laser, both long range, phasing seq.)

- 2x 4A fixed pulse Laser G5 efficient, phasing seq.

- 2x 4A gimballed MC G5 overcharged, auto loader/corriossive (changed the 2F corrosive to autoloader too)

- 2x 4A gimballed Beam laser, G3 efficient thermal vent / long range

- 1x 4A gimballed MC G5 overcharged, auto loader / 1x 4A gimballed Beam laser G3 long range, thermal vent

With the latest MC/Laser mix, setup in two fire groups, one laser only, the other tutti, I do not move one inch from my position, just rotate, regardless what came at me, wings of three, two elite condas in quick succession ( that was fun!), doesn't matter.

The turreted long-range pulses and the gimballed 3D beam pull them in from 4.800 distance, which then has the long range 4A on their shields during their approach, all PIPs in weapons. Depending on their level, it may take a few turns, as soon as shields are down, on their next approach it is firegroup tutti.

Tutti bene grazie! :ROFLMAO:

That way I do not burn through the MC ammo too quickly.

.... ts ts ts.... the things you do in this game. LOL

Last edited:
There is. Actually, you just have to request docking while in your SRV. Then you'll be pointed to a garage right under your ship. You drive in, and you get the 'board ship' light indicator, and voila.

I just finished engineering my PP to G5, and while I was there I also engineered the DSS to G5 to get the access I needed to finish the PP. My next step is to finish off engineering on the shield boosters and MC's (most are at G4, or not quite fully G5). I also need to get combat rank to Competent to gain access to Broo Tarquin to finish off my lasers to G5.

While shuttling between gathering the items I needed to unlock Hera Tani I have also been spamming HGE sites to gather materials. I've been getting a lot of G5 materials from these sites that will ensure I have all I need to complete the engineering process on the Andromeda.

After I'm finished engineering I think I will spend some time in Imperial space to build my rank in the Imperial Navy to unlock some of those pretty ships they have.

I finished up what I could at Didi's place. I need a few more mats.

Then, decided on one more mining trip for the alt before the big nerf or whatever it turns out to be. It was a lovely day to be in the rings. I was not bothered by pirates, not even at the start. It was peaceful. Sometimes, I like peaceful.

Screenshot_0236.jpg

I'm quite liking my DBX again now it's had its booster fitted. Even gave it a paint job.I just wish there was a livery option for engine sound as well as those trail thingies.

EDIT: I also noticed that, when shooting at DBX's in a RES, they're harder to take down than you'd expect.
I love a DBX, and have a combat one and agree. It’s like flying an attack helicopter with machine cannons. Love it. I have just had a similar epiphany with my T6. To unlock an engineer over the weekend I had to land at an outpost, so couldn’t use the Anaconda. Took the T6 and ended up flying it for days. 84T cargo, engineered with a good scoop its a great mission runner loved it. That said I am now back in the Anaconda having finally scraped together the coin for the 8A power plant.

While I have you, can I ask a question? Now that the Anaconda is finished I’m into finishing its engineering and getting through Guardian FSD booster. You recently did that, the ruins run thing. Question is, do I need an invitation to do that, a mission invitation or similar, or can I just turn up at the planet you visited and start scanning stuff? Not sure whether it’s available to me and it’s 34 jumps away so would rather check before the journey! If it’s unlocked then I’ll try it tomorrow morning.
Thank you and sorry to use you as an Elite help desk. I just knew that you have recently done it. Although others feel free to chip in. I have been here for ages but still feel like a rookie so next two jobs are Guardian booster and then Colonia (as apparently some of the engineers are there). Have to get serious, basically!

thank you.
o7

Just fly on over. No unlock or invite needed :)

Have fun and good luck! If there's anything else you need to know, happy to share (y) Feels odd to be giving advice when I'm, basically, still feeling like a rookie myself! :D

As for Colonia engineers, IIRC, they don't offer anything more than the bubble ones. Happy to be corrected there!

Edit... the point defence on the upper part of your hull is a must at the ruins.

Last edited:
HazRes was new to me until ToF mentioned it, now I know what this is all about, in a Corvette this is a weapons test and PIP management training range.... :)

Tested so far, all else being equal:
(3D beam laser G3 long range thermal vent, 2F Multicannons G5 overcharged corrosive/autoloader, 2G pulse laser, both long range, phasing seq.)

- 2x 4A fixed pulse Laser G5 efficient, phasing seq.

- 2x 4A gimballed MC G5 overcharged, auto loader/corriossive (changed the 2F corrosive to autoloader too)

- 2x 4A gimballed Beam laser, G3 efficient thermal vent / long range

- 1x 4A gimballed MC G5 overcharged, auto loader / 1x 4A gimballed Beam laser G3 long range, thermal vent

With the latest MC/Laser mix, setup in two fire groups, one laser only, the other tutti, I do not move one inch from my position, just rotate, regardless what came at me, wings of three, two elite condas in quick succession ( that was fun!), doesn't matter.

The turreted long-range pulses and the gimballed 3D beam pull them in from 4.800 distance, which then has the long range 4A on their shields during their approach, all PIPs in weapons. Depending on their level, it may take a few turns, as soon as shields are down, on their next approach it is firegroup tutti.

Tutti bene grazie! :ROFLMAO:

That way I do not burn through the MC ammo too quickly.

.... ts ts ts.... the things you do in this game. LOL
If you don't do so already, bring some (many) collector limpets in that Corvette. It's not the worst way to mine manufactured mats. Just stay in one place and shoot the baddies, while your limpets scavenge their remains. I normally have 9 limpets going at a time. If it gets trivial, you can make a small game in the game, trying to time the explosion of the enemy ship so that it happens as close to you as possible. That way the limpets have to travel a shorter distance to collect the goodies. Hint: Wait-wait-shoot!

I like Compromised Nav Beacons as much as I like Haz Res. You don't have the rocks, but the view is still great because you throw punches close to the star.

Currently I'm working on a T-10 with only frag cannons. It's an old project I found, that was inspired by a ship D2EA tried to build called something like "One hit wonder", meaning one shot, one kill. I normally use rapid fire on frags and screening shell, but if I'm only allowed one shot I might have to go for Double shot and some other experimentals. It's probably not even possible to take down shield and hull in one shot, but it would be pretty epic.

Naming the T-10 is easy: "Broadside" :)

Top Bottom