Roadmap leaked??

Well, I'm happy you are pleased with the level of game play provided. Others, like myself are not, who want deeper gameplay, who have the opinion that the existing game is razor thin or no game play at all, such as all elements mentioned below.

3 or 4 months dev time? Some features were developed over a much longer period of time, as we've seen from FD live streams. 3 or 4 months wouldn't allow for much game play content, QA testing and bug fixes at all.. oh wait... explains bug ridden releases such as October.

Development time does not reflect the amount of content that we'll see in the game. For example, existing code may have to be literally re-written in order to implement new content because it was so badly written or just too limited in the first place to support the game play required.

Multicrew - comes with gameplay.

Structures in space - many of these come with gameplay and are also things to fight over in the BGS.

Thargoids - still comes with gameplay

Anyway these are all parts of an update with 3-4 months of Dev time. You are comparing that to something that will have over two years of Dev time.

You live in a black and white world that composes of only "right" and "wrong".

Looks like your are wrong on all counts.

Last edited:
Well, I'm happy you are pleased with the level of game play provided. Others, like myself are not, who want deeper gameplay, who have the opinion that the existing game is razor thin or no game play at all, such as all elements mentioned below.
Never said I was pleased.

3 or 4 months dev time? Some features were developed over a much longer period of time, as we've seen from FD live streams. 3 or 4 months wouldn't allow for much game play content, QA testing and bug fixes at all.. oh wait... explains bug ridden releases such as October.
The only one I know of was the commander creator.

Development time does not reflect the amount of content that we'll see in the game. For example, existing code may have to be literally re-written in order to implement new content because it was so badly written or just too limited in the first place to support the game play required.
Existing code will always be rewritten in every update. How much is pure guess work.

You live in a black and white world that composes of only "right" and "wrong".
You were the one dealing in absalutes. I was just replying in kind.

You said Fdev have a history of releasing content without any gameplay. That was false. Whether you liked that gameplay or thought it wasn't enough is another thing which I may agree with.

Actually, I did not say "without any gameplay". This is what I said, and I quote, highlighting the critical keyword.

Yes, I've seen that. Unfortunately, we have FD's past record of releasing content that lacks game play.

What is FD's definition of gameplay is enough gameplay - being able to go to a bar in order to pick up missions, and recruit pilots? I fear space legs won't contain enough meat depth.

" lacks game play" vs "without any gameplay" are two very things.

"Lacks Game play" means "Not enough game play".

edit: tidy up.

Last edited:
Actually, I did not say "without any gameplay". This is what I said, and I quote, highlighting the critical keyword.

" lacks game play" vs "without any gameplay" are too very things.

edit: tidy up.
Lacks generally means it it doesn't have any. Maybe you should have used better terminology that couldn't be interpreted in another way.

Lacks generally means it it doesn't have any. Maybe you should have used better terminology that couldn't be interpreted in another way.

"Lacks Game play" means "Not enough game play", in this case.

"Boris lacked the skills to be a good coder."

Doesn't mean Boris didn't have any coding skills, just not enough.

Last edited:
"Lacks Game play" means "Not enough game play", in this case.

"Boris lacked the skills to be a good coder."

Doesn't mean Boris didn't have any coding skills, just not enough.
This is all I am going to say and then I have had enough with this stupidity.

See that bit where it says being without.

As I said use better terminology next time.

lacks
  1. the state of being without or not having enough of something

“This hamburger is dull and under seasoned. It lacks flavor.”
You “OH SO YOU CANNOT EVEN TASTE IT AT ALL?????? I BET IT HAS SOOOOMMMME FLAVOR, SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE A LIAR AND EVERYTHING YOU SAY SHOULD BE DISMISSED FROM NOW ON!!! I AM VERY SMART!!!”

Seriously man you’re being dumb on purpose and you know it. Stop it. Meaning is contextual, qualitative statements are almost always relative, and the second line ought to provide all the context you need to understand what is being conveyed here. Instead you fixate on nitpicking one single word choice to the detriment of the conversation. You’re arguing against a point that no-one is actually trying to make. Can you say anything of any substance about the point being made, or is your MO to just dance around the topic playing word games?

The quote, again, for context:
“Yes, I've seen that. Unfortunately, we have FD's past record of releasing content that lacks game play.

What is FD's definition of gameplay is enough gameplay - being able to go to a bar in order to pick up missions, and recruit pilots? I fear space legs won't contain enough meat depth.”

“This hamburger is dull and under seasoned. It lacks flavor.”
You “OH SO YOU CANNOT EVEN TASTE IT AT ALL?????? I BET IT HAS SOOOOMMMME FLAVOR, SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE A LIAR AND EVERYTHING YOU SAY SHOULD BE DISMISSED FROM NOW ON!!! I AM VERY SMART!!!”

Seriously man you’re being dumb on purpose and you know it. Stop it. Meaning is contextual, qualitative statements are almost always relative, and the second line ought to provide all the context you need to understand what is being conveyed here. Instead you fixate on nitpicking one single word choice to the detriment of the conversation. You’re arguing against a point that no-one is actually trying to make. Can you say anything of any substance about the point being made, or is your MO to just dance around the topic playing word games?

The quote, again, for context:
“Yes, I've seen that. Unfortunately, we have FD's past record of releasing content that lacks game play.

What is FD's definition of gameplay is enough gameplay - being able to go to a bar in order to pick up missions, and recruit pilots? I fear space legs won't contain enough meat depth.”
Sorry. Just going by what the dictionary says. Maybe you should read it sometime.

Top Bottom