ANNOUNCEMENT Lavecon 2019 Content Reveal

Is there already a specific date for the September update? Some of my friends are quite new to the game and eventually want to give it another try with the upcoming update. Would be good to be able to plan a bit, when we can jump in together.

The info says that carriers will have repair/rearm, but doesn't mention shipyard for ship-swapping facilities.
we'll be able to store our own ships on our own fleet carriers and switch between them on board, right? right?

Fleet Carriers really made me quite hyped up. Long time I have waited to have some sort of mobile base to run things from. In times I have found myself bounty hunting in a system to find out there is no stations, where I could dock my Anaconda. That is the main reason I always stick with medium sized ships. Now I vision me to pick the system I want to go and just jump my Fleet carrier there with my ships in it. Of course all this need more information, but I'm very optimistic.

On the Arx system I can say huge thumbs up. Even more so that there is nothing behind it and how to get it. I want to do some exploration and enjoy the game - fine, I want to gather some materials to engineer my ships - fine, I want to just take my combat ship and do some bounty hunting - fine. I get rewarded of been passionate gamer who spends our valuable life time in Elite Dangerous. Or if I feel I want to support the game I just buy some Arx and support the company even further.

We are not infinite, our time in life is limited. In times I felt myself that Elite Dangerous has this unnecessary grind behind it, where reward of getting something was not really justified. Now I feel me doing all this grinding and earning something extra is much more rewarding now. And suddenly grinding does not look so dark and sad anymore. I'm happy to play Elite now and I'm happy simply staying online.

Wow. That trailer was pretty weak.

I'm looking forward to this:

The new training scenarios included the with the patches are a great addition to the game. I like the idea that I can sit down when I have only 10 minutes and enjoy a short session of combat or mining or such. This reminded me of two games that lasted the longest on my harddrives in the past, Falcon 3 and F15 Eagle. The main reason was that both games had a comprehensive scenario editor built in that allowed you to setup custom combat scenarios. This allowed number of planes for each side, type, weapons loadouts, distance to engagement, and other parameters. This allowed the player to setup something that he/she enjoyed and could sit down and play it over and over when free moments of time opened up. For ED, you would have to include choices for engineer mods. Hopefully ED will complete something like this before the online experience reaches end of life. That will leave a re-playable legacy well past normal game life for both interest and technological fronts.

So instead of fixing the game, you added a cash shop to the game... the headline feature for a update is a cash shop, that is absolutely ludicrous.
The cash shop was always in the PC version for cosmetics - what they are saying is that you can earn 'currency' for those cosmetics by playing the game - if anything they are reducing their cash flow.

Looks rubbish tbf. 5 years in and they're pushing the livery rubbish because it makes them cash. I'm tempted to open a book 1/3 fleet carriers don't come out in 2019.

Also wasting resources on a training vid when it's not that hard to pick up. How about some new gameplay features?? Also if you do pls don't make them a repetitive grind
The cash shop was always in the PC version for cosmetics - what they are saying is that you can earn 'currency' for those cosmetics by playing the game - if anything they are reducing their cash flow.

Fleet carriers will ruin the game for the solo commander.
I'm not sure it would ruin the solo game as its still basically a "take it or leave it" kinda option. Besides, one could always hop on a friendly carrier in open play and hitch a ride, then go back to solo once they get there. How they might get back though could be another matter...

I'm not sure it would ruin the solo game as its still basically a "take it or leave it" kinda option. Besides, one could always hop on a friendly carrier in open play and hitch a ride, then go back to solo once they get there. How they might get back though could be another matter...
I mean solo/pg/open all sharing the same galaxy is what ruined the game from the start, hoping FDEV are remedying this for the big update next year but I doubt that happens!

I log on every month, perhaps every two, just to find out if it's the same old boring rubbish of micro-games that have no effect on the back sim. Every instance is a micro-game.
And as far as the solo player is concerned, they don't need a carrier as space stations do the job. Unless a carrier gives something a station does not it's all smoke being blown up your....
And as for the shop, I'd buy stuff to support the game. I'd even subscribe if I knew it would improve the game. But I just don't see the point if I am not playing the game. You guys at frontier need to think about how you are going to bring players back to the game and keep them coming back. Dragging the thargoid invasion over ten years is not going to help you there.

Last edited:
so, when we see fleet carriers, when this patch ?
and how many they cost credits ?
In the first half of this year:
Thanks to all the commanders who joined in the beta back in November, we're happy to announce that the January Update will be launching on the 14 January! As we mentioned back in October, the first half of this year's updates will be focused almost exclusively on Fleet Carriers and fixing as many high priority bugs and issues as possible, ensuring that the game runs as smooth as a freshly-purchased Cobra MkIII.

"the first half of this year's updates will be focused almost exclusively on Fleet Carriers "
So that thing when just a couple of months away from its released had its carpet pulled... and now over a year later, it's still being worked on? Hmmm...

So that thing when just a couple of months away from its released had its carpet pulled... and now over a year later, it's still being worked on? Hmmm...

I don't think the delay is about how much time will be allotted to it, just when the allotted amount of time will be. They may not have produced much more than the design concepts we saw yet.

I don't think the delay is about how much time will be allotted to it, just when the allotted amount of time will be. They may not have produced much more than the design concepts we saw yet.
Understood, but FCs were seemingly pulled (somewhat like ice planet surfaces) just months before the release date. I'd suggest these developments should be nigh on complete just months prior to their official release, not in design...

How is it features that must have made it through the timeframe for design, development, and in/around testing, are then pulled... and a year plus later are still no where to be found in the game? And if indeed they require a load more work as "the first half of this year's updates will be focused almost exclusively on Fleet Carriers" suggests, it implies the management/design/development is certainly not going smoothly/well?

Top Bottom