Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Was a sound engineer...now doing flight related stuff in the vehicle experience team for Ci¬G ;)

Watch the vid...
51R519w.png

In the vid Yogi says he's helping with head-tracking, not the flight-model.

Mole said flight related (which is what the guy is doing). Did you not watch the video either :)
We might get a decent flight model after all then :D
Good sound maybe, he's a sound engineer.
Was a sound engineer...now doing flight related stuff in the vehicle experience team for Ci¬G ;)

Watch the vid...
As Yogi clearly says in the video (again), he's helping with the head-tracking, not the flight model.

As Yogi clearly says in the video (again), he's helping with the head-tracking, not the flight model.
Did you see him in his glider? As he clearly stated he is on the vehicle experience team, part of which is head tracking. Really - watch the video, go on you know you want to ;)

Edit: You only need to watch the first half - the second half is about other stuff (y)

You'd think we'd all have better things to do lol.

But I'm right :sneaky:

And so is Stuart. Its the "in cockpit experience" he wanted to get into it seems, the "immersion". I'm pretty sure they have someone else who was specifically charged with changing the flight model, after the previous guy left?

Maybe they can combine the face over ip with the head-tracking gimbals and fire weapons when you gurn at an enemy?

Did you see him in his glider? As he clearly stated he is on the vehicle experience team, part of which is head tracking. Really - watch the video, go on you know you want to ;)

Edit: You only need to watch the first half - the second half is about other stuff (y)
I've already watched it.

Head-tracking is used when walking, driving, flying, and being stationary. Yogi isn't working on the flight model.

I thought it was interesting how they danced around the subject of the flight model for, whilst they spoke at length about the in-seat experience, where you look and so on, I couldn't help but think that they must be touching the flight model, or at least 'enhancing the feel of it'.... ...ahem.

In any event, the video was interesting and some of what was shown looked very cool, so let's just hope that they can eventually make an enjoyable game out of it.

As things stand, I'll stick with my four figure investment of $00.00 until I see the Steam and GoG reviews - I'm not trying to be too facetious here, it's just that I won't consider SC/SQ42 'released' until sold through another platform - and this may be a long wait.

It is kinda weird to hear them talking about QoL stuff to improve the flight experience while the meat and potatoes (flight model & UI) sit in the middle of that experience in a jumble. It's very CIG though ;)

(Not against them doing it, it's all good spaceship stuff. It's just funny ;))

51R519w.png

In the vid Yogi says he's helping with head-tracking, not the flight-model.
Nah, he won't be changing the flight model, it was a tongue in cheek remark...but the work from the vehicle experience team have certainly made it a lot better from the cockpit side than it was...adding headtracking and the revised camera work they've put in certainly adds a lot to the experience.
;)

to be fair nope.
It is not even close of a real reentry effect that looks more like this:

34046_entry.jpg

not to mention that, at the reentry speed of SC ships there would be no heat effect since they are too slow.
I kinda miss the old re-entry effect...since it doesn't happen now albeit as naff and unrealistic as it was. The new stuff is better by far, so any improvement is good...be it 'realistic' or not.

Strange you posted an artists rendition of what looks like a flying saucer and then point to realism though :D

HGS1PXQ.png

Last edited:
Strange you posted an artists rendition of what looks like a flying saucer and then point to realism though :D
An unusually flat re-entry capsule creating a plasma shockwave is still leagues more realistic than the “bits will fall off, then it explodes” that would (but doesn't) happen if any of the SC vehicles travelled fast enough (which they don't) to create re-entry effects (which they do anyway, somehow) because CI¬G chose to make every single component as wrong as possible. :p

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom