The trouble with trying to decipher the toast is that there are multiple solutions to each part.
For the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies could also be Gemma, or Sol (as previously discussed ages ago 🙂)
Quite so, and that's assuming the toast means anything at all, and isn't just the hopes and dreams of an earlier bunch ot tinfoil hatters.

I put it down to too much lavian brandy...
I am currently experimenting on myself to see what amount imbibed causes one to see Raxxla. I have seen a few stars, but nothing significant to report as yet!
🥳...🤪

Few more shots and you might even see spiraling stars.🥴

Mm, I start to spiral before hitting the floor & seeing stars, there is a temporal discontinuiy!
😁🤕
It's one step past the temporal discontinuity. You are almost there! Just a little more Lavian Brandy and you'll experience Raxxla. ... Raxxla is old Lavian slag that means to thow-up. The Dark Wheel were and are a secret society of drunken partiers. The toast is a drunken rambling made at one of their parties. ... To Raxxla... {barf}

Mmm. Just wanted to do a keyword search through the old Galnet articles, but cant get either Heinrich’s archive (http://ed.frank-heinrich.net/index.php?title=Galnet_Collection_News_Articles) or the french searchable galnet site (https://news.galnet.fr/enclave-established-in-witch-head-nebula/) to actually do a sensible search and return the article containg the keyword. This used to work! Am I being obtuse?
Maybe try google?

keyword site: community.elitedangerous.com/

I've had this rattling around my head for weeks, months now. I guess I finally feel like I need to say it. The alleged Dark Wheel toast? I think it's meaningless as far as in game clues. I know this won't be popular, but I really think we are wasting our collective time, however interesting all the mythology surrounding it may be. Here's why. For starters, the Dark Wheel is also searching for Raxxla. They also do not know where it is. So how could there be clues to its location in a toast given by an organization that doesn't know its location? Also, if indeed there are clues to be found in the toast, that feels a little meta-gamey to me...using NPC text to speak to players? The game has never done that before, so why now? And lastly, weren't we told "no clues?" I don't know...to the guys carrying on the research and who are commited to the cause, by all means carry on. I've just gotten so stuck in the "it's in a permit locked system" rut, I can't get out. Even the Potato Hunt thing I've been (poorly) contributing to, seems a fool's errand.

I've had this rattling around my head for weeks, months now. I guess I finally feel like I need to say it. The alleged Dark Wheel toast? I think it's meaningless as far as in game clues. I know this won't be popular, but I really think we are wasting our collective time, however interesting all the mythology surrounding it may be. Here's why. For starters, the Dark Wheel is also searching for Raxxla. They also do not know where it is. So how could there be clues to its location in a toast given by an organization that doesn't know its location? Also, if indeed there are clues to be found in the toast, that feels a little meta-gamey to me...using NPC text to speak to players? The game has never done that before, so why now? And lastly, weren't we told "no clues?" I don't know...to the guys carrying on the research and who are commited to the cause, by all means carry on. I've just gotten so stuck in the "it's in a permit locked system" rut, I can't get out. Even the Potato Hunt thing I've been (poorly) contributing to, seems a fool's errand.
I totally accept you may well be right. It might not be a clue...hell....raxxla might not even be discoverable, but.....
Apart from either:
A) Abandoning the search or
B) Trying to write force 400 billion systems and almost countless bodies
The "clues" (yes I know there will be no clues) are all we have to go on...plus...its fun - and that's the ultimate objective right?
I really hope the Codex does have "clues", either in the DW toast or in the Raxxla codex entry (or both). If they were ever proved to be pure "fluff" then this would be far far worse than the Gan Romero debacle and probably a game ender for me, personally. Gan Romero (plus realising I was playing too much) lead to me taking a 6 month break

@rOmiLaYu

As I suggested yesterday the toast more likely to lead to/represent their dark station.

MB said there would be no clues several years ago; since then I think we've had several clues, including the Codex itself. This is why I want to search the Galnet News archive! Weeding out false leads & incorrect hypotheses is a lengthy process however!

What you are suffering from is Questors' Quadrantanopsia, a rare brain conditon brought about by searching for something but you don't know what it is and you don't know where it may be.

Symptoms may include visions, fatigue, ennui, despondency and an addiction to tonic water. The cure is to:
Begin loop
add some gin to the tonic water
add a slice of lemon
add a single ice cube
drink beverage until glass is empty
If seeing spiralling stars you may exit, if so desired
Repeat
congratulations you have found nirvana, or Raxxla
;)

Last edited:
As I suggested yesterday the toast more likely to lead to/represent their dark station.

MB said there would be no clues several years ago; since then I think we've had several clues, including the Codex itself. This is why I want to search the Galnet News archive! Weeding out false leads & incorrect hypotheses is a lengthy process however!

What you are suffering from is Questors' Quadrantanopsia, a rare brain conditon brought about by searching for something but you don't know what it is and you don't know where it may be.

Symptoms may include visions, fatigue, ennui, despondency and an addiction to tonic water. The cure is to:
Begin loop
add some gin to the tonic water
add a slice of lemon
add a single ice cube
drink beverage until glass is empty
If seeing spiralling stars you may exit, if so desired
Repeat
congratulations you have found nirvana, or Raxxla
;)
...and we still not sure if any of them exists :D Developers of both promised they do though :D

I’m 99% sure that The Dark Wheel has not found Raxxla. First of all we have been told that they haven’t found it and second, I think FD want a player to be the first to get there.
TDW may still have a clue about the approximate region or direction. According to the myth, Jason Ryder knew how to get there. He may have said something or even come up with the toast, before he was killed.

One thing to remember is that TDW is not an earth based organisation. If the toast really contains clues, they may not reference the earth sky. It could be the TDW station system or Lave, but most likely it would be Shinrarta Dezhra. That would provide an Elite rank gate, without extra development.

My experience here has been. Great and non judgmental. Even though the things I've brought up have been discussed I was allowed to say my piece, was politely told that it has already been looked into but always encouraging to see for myself.

I didn't see all of your exchange admittedly but I can tell from the later responses it wasn't like my experience. This group is prolly the best on this forum. I hope it doesn't discourage you from continuing to post just know... Some of these folks been at this for a very long time.

Oh ill never be discouraged from posting, dont worry about that, but thank you, and the others on this forum, who treated my opinions and questions with respect, unlike some others. I posted thinking I'd receive the same respect to my questions as other posters, but unfortunately I did not from some posters, it would seem some would rather post nonsense imgs and jokes than treat peoples opinions or ideas with the common decency we treat their posts with, esspecially if it questions their personal opinions or assertions.

And im appriciative of their "very long time" experience, but when someone questions somthing, its not appropriate to tell them somthing you cant or wont back-up in any way, and say "believe me or dont".

ANYWAYS, its been dropped a while ago now, dont want to talk about it anymore, the rest of the posters on here im sure dont want to read it anymore.

Again thanks for trying to make sure I was not dicouraged from returning to post in the future.

Im out and about in-game today, if anyone has a system ideas to check out but doesnt have the time, ect. Im all free and more than willing to follow up on any ligit ideas, other than that, ill just be floating around chasing NPCs working on my Combat rank at CNBs. In the Mobius PVE only if someone wants to join in, I have my own private group for exploration if someone wants to go for a jog somewhere too, lol.

I’m 99% sure that The Dark Wheel has not found Raxxla. First of all we have been told that they haven’t found it and second, I think FD want a player to be the first to get there.
TDW may still have a clue about the approximate region or direction. According to the myth, Jason Ryder knew how to get there. He may have said something or even come up with the toast, before he was killed.

One thing to remember is that TDW is not an earth based organisation. If the toast really contains clues, they may not reference the earth sky. It could be the TDW station system or Lave, but most likely it would be Shinrarta Dezhra. That would provide an Elite rank gate, without extra development.
yes, I was thinking the toast might be from Shin Dez. It would provide a reason for their existence there!
And finding Raxxla might be the entrance exam!

Just curious here, the cogs are turning in my head, when Jason Ryder was killed, and he shoved his son into the escape pod, is there any mention of what system they were in at the time?

Or what station his son ended up at? since we know the escape pod system delivers, or is supposed to deliver, the pod to the closest station, correct?

Just thinking we might be able to infer a general direction from where these events occured.

Was doing some googling this afternoon & thought the anomaly might be Cygni X-3 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cygnus_X-3.
In the system map it does look a bit like the pic in the wikipedia page. But in-game X-3 is out at 35.5 kylies with no stars in the vicinity for travel. Weighing the probabilities I no longer think it is that!
It's odd that the anomaly can only been seen from a few stars. It is not at all the stars in Cygnus as I called in at Sadr (gamma Cyg) on the way from SOI & it was not apparent in Sadr's sysmap; and Han_Zen has seen it in aCent (though I couldn't, & still can't though I looked in that sysmap again this afternoon). There are two, and they seem to oscillate, one growing while the other shrinks & vice versa, with a period of several minutes (got a video of 14 minutes worth, 555Mb), so I can't believe it's a star graphics bug.

Last edited:
Just curious here, the cogs are turning in my head, when Jason Ryder was killed, and he shoved his son into the escape pod, is there any mention of what system they were in at the time?

Or what station his son ended up at? since we know the escape pod system delivers, or is supposed to deliver, the pod to the closest station, correct?

Just thinking we might be able to infer a general direction from where these events occured.
The attack occurred in the Leesti system but Alex Ryder wakes up in a Moray hospital ship, not a space station.

Top Bottom