Let's hop it leads to something. This event is the only thing that keeps me playing the game until the expansion.

I find it very enjoyable to be part of something and to contribute to a common goal with other players. I find very enjoyable to be part of this journey, to read the CMDR Kai Zen bulletin about the current status in order to know which actions to be taken to perform further steps toward the goal. It would very disappointing if it would lead to absolutely nothing.

We are waiting for the Pending state of Expansion to complete. Not sure if there is a target system we need to work on to prepare for our expansion.

While we are waiting...

The CIA (Collective of Independent Agents), through diplomatic channels, helped us after they expanded into LFT 926 (possibly unintentionally due to the BGS "normalization").
They are now in a state of Election against The Green Party of LFT 926. At stake is the Cosmogonic Echo Communications installation. Their INF movement is locked until after the election but INF contributions to the CIA in LFT 926 will assist them in winning the elections. I would suggest we avoid negative actions against TGP since most of the negative actions will also hurt TDW as the controlling faction in terms of security. We wish to keep the CIA in second tier to prevent their retreat. The remaining factions are native and cannot be retreated. By keeping the CIA high enough to keep a secure second tier, we will not have to worry too much about non-ally faction incursions.

In different places like Cannon Research, several ED streams and podcasts from Cmdrs, and now even an FDev stream, this initiative is gaining publicity. From what I have seen, this has pulled players back into the game who have been on hiatus. It has also given some Cmdrs a cause (since CGs are basically absent) - having been just wandering around with no direction for months. If anything, this shows the power of the community, joined in a common goal, shaping the game itself. ... And isn't this exactly the kind of thing that Elite Dangerous was supposed to be? A game where the Cmdrs are the driving narrators of the game. We create the journey ourselves. Will this give FDev an avenue to work with... to build on?

This is the just the start of The Dark Wheel turning. The more it turns, the greater its momentum.

There is another side to this. There is an opposition to The Dark Wheel - The Club. Their connections and influences are being discovered and brought to light. Many Cmdrs have, and still are, supporting the Club unknowingly. Now is the time to awaken to the truth about The Club. The Turning of the Dark Wheel will start conflicting with their agenda. ... But we are not without help. @Erlaed has become one of the front runners in opposition research against The Club -> https://club-raiders.herokuapp.com/ Whether he works for TDW knowingly or not, I cannot say.

Keep The Wheel Turning.

Last edited:
Their INF movement is locked until after the election but INF contributions to the CIA in LFT 926 will assist them in winning the elections.
That's good to hear. I spent some time over the weekend running missions for CIA before reading the bit about their INF movement being locked. Hopefully it's done them some good (I was allied with them anyway so it did my bank balance some good too!).

It has also given some Cmdrs a cause (since CGs are basically absent) - having been just wandering around with no direction for months. If anything, this shows the power of the community, joined in a common goal, shaping the game itself.

You got that right! Not that I wasn't having fun, but I was literally doing stuff utterly aimlessly (no goal) for the past 3 months. I did a lot of encoded-Mats, etc. missions (credits, too).

That's good to hear. I spent some time over the weekend running missions for CIA before reading the bit about their INF movement being locked.

I kinda did the same. I earned a pretty good amount of bounty vouchers in the Haz RES in LHS 336. I was going to hold on to them for a bit, but - another late nighter and being really tired - I mindlessly redeemed them as soon as I arrived at Meredith City for the night.
No worries though; there are more where those came from! 👾

I ran a couple of INF missions too. It was convenient on my way back to stop at LHS 346 for some booze, even with a cracked canopy! (Hey, they asked)
Par-tay at the CIA's crib, yo! 🥃

Now that CIA is in elections, there's a number of 'diplomatic bag' missions. Are these do-able without hatch-breakers? Can I get ships down to low % and reasonably-reliably have them drop their cargo (as often happens in combat)?

Edit: ...and just doing INF missions is beneficial during the election state?

Last edited:
Now that CIA is in elections, there's a number of 'diplomatic bag' missions. Are these do-able without hatch-breakers? Can I get ships down to low % and reasonably-reliably have them drop their cargo (as often happens in combat)?

Edit: ...and just doing INF missions is beneficial during the election state?
I've only done them with hatchbreakers and collectors. Not saying you can't do it your way, I've just never tried that way before.

And from what I understand, INF missions are what matter the most (though I've heard that ones that specifically say 'Election' in the name may have some bearing too)

You don't need to be elite in anything. In fact, it's a good way to earn exp toward becoming elite. It doesn't take much of an investment to run cargo or courier missions.

Awesome, though at the same time as well, I just started my attempt at circumnavigating the Milky Way (AND carving a swath of "First Mapped By" tags); details in my journal (embedded in signature). But, assuming all goes well, then as soon as I'm "Back Home at Earth", I'll go buy a Challenger and help out! ^.^

(Scratch that, with all the maps I'll be carrying, I may even afford an Anaconda!)

Semper Bellum!

Last edited:
Awesome, though at the same time as well, I just started my attempt at circumnavigating the Milky Way (AND carving a swath of "First Mapped By" tags); details in my journal (embedded in signature). But, assuming all goes well, then as soon as I'm "Back Home at Earth", I'll go buy a Challenger and help out! ^.^

Semper Bellum!
Make sure to see if you can sell your exploration data in a place that benefits the cause of advancing the TDW.

Make sure to see if you can sell your exploration data in a place that benefits the cause of advancing the TDW.
Now there's a thought! But in-character, Earth is my "home", and I wanted my achievements to be a monument emblazoned at or around that particular planet. (I mean I DID write about "That Guy who Won WWIII", also known as "The ORIGINAL Golden Knight".) And yes, seriously, Sol was my starting point, and I intended that to be my finishing point, for 1 lap around the galaxy.

Now there's a thought! But in-character, Earth is my "home", and I wanted my achievements to be a monument emblazoned at or around that particular planet. (I mean I DID write about "That Guy who Won WWIII", also known as "The ORIGINAL Golden Knight".) And yes, seriously, Sol was my starting point, and I intended that to be my finishing point, for 1 lap around the galaxy.
I started at a random point in the Rift, a week before Easter. I'm now half way through Acheron and missing all TDW fun back home....but at least I will have 1 billion + of UC data to sell them when I get back

Last night I visited Black Vines Harvests in LHS 340. There were a fair number of NPC ships there but no combat happened. I stuck around for a good ten minutes or so scanning the installation and such...

Question: Browsing around the NEWS items in the station UI, one of the items is the "Top Five Local Bounties." Are local bounties for kills in-system only?
Observation: looking at the faction-specific news items I have to say: CIA sure has its hands full!

Top Bottom