Fleet Carrier FAQ

Fairly straightforward question, I hope...

Let's say I buy an FC, move it to Sag A and then leave it there (with full fuel tanks) and return to the bubble in a regular ship.
A few months later, I decide to move my FC back to the bubble.

Question is, what happens when it runs out of fuel?

Do I have to fly back out to my FC, wherever it now is, and mine fuel for it or will fuel magically appear in my FCs tanks if I throw credits at it from thousands of light years away?
As no one seems to be saying how they can get fuel to appear in their carrier by magically throwing credits at it in the bubble someone will have to fly out to it to add fuel, depending on the docking permissions that might not have to be you but someone will have to physically add fuel to it.

As no one seems to be saying how they can get fuel to appear in their carrier by magically throwing credits at it in the bubble someone will have to fly out to it to add fuel, depending on the docking permissions that might not have to be you but someone will have to physically add fuel to it.

I thought that'd be the case. 👍

It was just that, I recall reading that part of FC upkeep goes on "crew supplies", which I thought was a bit iffy, given that if my FC was parked at, say, Beagle Point, it'd be quite the journey for Space Amazon to deliver Pot Noodles and Red Bull.
Course, I was quietly relieved about that cos it could've been much, much worse if we had to arrange for supplies to be physically delivered to our FCs somehow.

I was just wondering if, perhaps, refuelling could be taken care of in a similar manner.

Has there been any mention about what happens to a carrier's cargo if it gets decommissioned? Let's say you had 12,000 LTD's in the hold when it happened, would they just vanish into the ether?

Is there any reason to buy an FC at one of the various alleigance stations (that is, Federation, Empire, Alliance and Independent) versus another? I expect there might be visual differences (I believe that the latest patch removed the insignia from the hull), not expecting any difference to the carrier workings, but apart from personal preference is there any other reason to choose?

Has there been any mention about what happens to a carrier's cargo if it gets decommissioned? Let's say you had 12,000 LTD's in the hold when it happened, would they just vanish into the ether?
Sounds like they vanish if you don't remove them - but feel free to test & report back :)

Is there any reason to buy an FC at one of the various alleigance stations (that is, Federation, Empire, Alliance and Independent) versus another? I expect there might be visual differences (I believe that the latest patch removed the insignia from the hull), not expecting any difference to the carrier workings, but apart from personal preference is there any other reason to choose?
No reason

Maybe a section on "how to plot a route over 500ly?"
Some use Spansh. But to keep it in-game, some use a ship with good jump range. Then we can follow that route in the Navigation galmap of the FC.
With my ship docked on the carrier, I use the galaxy map from the outermost menu to plot the route for my ship. Then, I go into carrier management to select a waypoint along the plotted route where the waypoint is 500 LY or less.

With my ship docked on the carrier, I use the galaxy map from the outermost menu to plot the route for my ship. Then, I go into carrier management to select a waypoint along the plotted route where the waypoint is 500 LY or less.
Great idea...

(Revised version from the Beta. FAQ )

Fdev Official Fleet Carrier FAQ

Buying a Carrier

You can buy FC in these locations - the vendor is under Contacts. These are all now in Inara https://inara.cz/galaxy-nearest/28/367/0/

Modifying / Administering your Carrier

You can modify them in Vendor systems ^^^ OR Admin systems - again check Inara : https://inara.cz/galaxy-nearest/32/367/0/

Where to get Fuel (Tritium)

Buy Tritium from Orbital Refineries - Inara has them https://inara.cz/galaxy-commodity/10269/ - look for Best Buys - probably don't trust other carriers. Prices from stations can be as low as 4k per ton :)

Transferring Cargo to the Carrier

You can transfer goods to & from your carrier via a new button on your ship's Inventory page (you can't do this via the carrier page). If the button is disabled then going into Filters and switching a filter on & off will usually re-enable it.

Getting Tritium From Your Hold to the Depot

Use the Inventory transfer (see above) to transfer it back to your ship, then use the 'Donate' button inside the Tritium Depot (so no, you cannot remotely refuel).

Route Plotting

spansh has a route plotter, alternately you can plot a route on your ship (while docked on the FC) out towards where you want to go, then get the carrier to follow once you hit 500 Ly.

Storage
  • Ship you stock in your shipyard will take up storage space
  • Same with modules
  • Ship you (or others) store in your carrier do not take up space
  • If you sell ships they do not appear for sale in your shipyard
  • Cargo in your carrier will affect your fuel use when jumping
  • ... but cargo in ships does not
  • You can only stock one Tier from a type of modules in outfitting (so Tier 1 or Tier 2 or Tier3)

That's the ones I can think that have caught a lot out - enjoy the FC!

Did you get a chance to look into what type of orbits the carriers are in?

Is it possible to change name to the Fleet Carrier? I was curious but I didn't find the option while I was in the system with the FC services.
Yes, in the livery section, bottom right of the screen. Note that this means that you can only change the name while physically docked on the carrier.

But... on Inara I see various FCs in the system I'm in, with various different names, but on the left-hand Navigation tab every FC is named "Fleet Carrier xnx-xnx" (although I see the name I set for my own). Am I missing something or can I not see the names of other carries in-game - and more importantly, perhaps, others can not see mine?

Xbox One, Solo mode

Q: if i land on a Carrier will it save?
i mean i went out the bubble and was farming materials and found this carrier and landed on it to repair
if i die will it save at that point or will i lose all my materials ?
Thank You.

Q: if i land on a Carrier will it save?
i mean i went out the bubble and was farming materials and found this carrier and landed on it to repair
if i die will it save at that point or will i lose all my materials ?
Thank You.
If you die you don't lose materials anywhere.
On ship destruction you lose bounty vouchers, combat bonds, data point scan data, universal cartography, codex vouchers.

What happens if I reset my save while owning a fleet carrier? Does it go into decommission mode? If so, can I cancel the decommission and keep my FC? Just curious.

What happens if I reset my save while owning a fleet carrier? Does it go into decommission mode? If so, can I cancel the decommission and keep my FC? Just curious.
Ouch! While I don't know for sure, I expect that resetting your save means losing everything, including the FC.

Reading the FAQ, it sounds like you get back the value of the contents of the carrier. I would therefore assume that any stored commodities are considered 'sold' at the Galactic Average for that commodity. Just an assumption though!

I have a question that I should know the answer to or should be able to find but I'm lazy and dim and I know [says through gritted teeth] you good people are kind and helpful.

I know FC's are visible in the SYSTEM map but are they visible any other way?

Say I wanted to hide one in a random system somewhere, filled with treasure to give away, like a treasure hunt, is this possible?

Top Bottom