LTD mining is overpowered and it kills all other activities

Okay, the LTDs are nerfed… Far from a good solution, but still acceptable.
Will make a separate topic soon about other issues discussed in this thread.
you mean they fixed the exploit which is not a nerf its and exploit and finaly your atleast admiting that you were after a nerf in the first place

It's dead Jim.

The fantastically named painite will rise anew.
still able to sell my diamonds at a million a ton all it has taken is more legwork. the people that hit by this are the big FC that have massive hordes of LTD since they cant sell from the FC. alot of the examples have ben giving are accedotal and most of the time there is a FC involved to boot.

still able to sell my diamonds at a million a ton all it has taken is more legwork. the people that hit by this are the big FC that have massive hordes of LTD since they cant sell from the FC. alot of the examples have ben giving are accedotal and most of the time there is a FC involved to boot.

I've only ever done opals (though whatever turns up, I'll take) myself. Not sure what state core mining as a whole is now though. Been busy on other projects.

Core mining is a little less prospector intensive, plus I always forget to bring more limpets.

SSD has never worked properly for me, the missiles just bounce off and destroy the deposits since the last attempt to nerf the eggsploit. Yes, I do hold the button down too.

you have to almost completely dedicate a ship to mining to mine, if you completey wipe it from the face of the cosmos (which they did, thank you VERY much ..) you make ALL the credits you spent on such mining trips and missions worthless...
you want to do something about mining..
do it yourself..
become a pirate, and attack the fools...
DO SOMETHING YOURSELF about it ..

dont just "Go whining to mommy " everytime you find something overpowered or "out of control".
THAT is what open and free will is for...

Do you know how expensive it is to PAY for these fleet carriers?
do you really have a clue..
an inkling..
a HINT at the massive amount of credits you need for day to day operations ..
i dont think you do...
do you realize..
how many hours do you have in this game at all?
i have over 1500 hours...
i am NO way near able to purchase a fleet carrier..
probably wont either at this rate..
there are systems in place to operate these hot spots...
hopefully they work out the way i thinnk they will..

but Fdev really need to rethink the way thewy do things in this universe.
it is shrinking as we speak.
every time they nerf something.. they lose a few more..
eventually..
they will lose enuf that they wont justify keeping the servers up..
and i dont want that day to come...

i think everyone that plays , loves this game in their own way.
some people like to take passengers out for a drive.
some love bounty hunting.
some love skimmer missions..
some just love engineering.
some love power play.
some dabble in eveything..
i liked the imperial slave trade...
i like the concept of it... you are in debt.. so you sell yourself into the trade for a time.. when your debt is payed, you are free again,..

so do me a small favor..
go sell your soul into slavery..
you have a debt..
you need to work it off ..
be a gunner for some pirates...
but.....shhhh...

things are suposed to get out of hand from time to time ...
and we..
the commiunity..
get involved..
dont go screaming to mommy about it..
get off your butt..
and do it yourself..
it is what the devs REALLY want..
...less keys for them to press...

(had a stroke, so deal with the misspellings)

you mean they fixed the exploit which is not a nerf its and exploit and finaly your atleast admiting that you were after a nerf in the first place
they fixed the exploit AND nerfed the hotspots.
Also I can say one more time that I don't think nerf is the correct solution in general, it's a symptomatic solution instead of working on fixing the overall problem with the game economy.

Are you saying you still can respawn the asteroids contents with SLF?
Try to find an asteroid with more than 3 LTD SSD
it's not related to the bug
ofc not... but it's part of the solution :D

Ok, so i wasted some time to personally test this crap (moving the carrier to LTD3 system, then finding a place to buy a SLF hangar cause my mining Conda doesn't use a SLF normally)
So i went to the 74km EGG - the one that can also be found on Consoles:
1) Surprise surprise - the EGG is not glitched per se as reported in the first day after patch (probably corrected afterwards server side) - but instead of 4x SSD with LTD now it has 4x SSD with Bromelite :ROFLMAO: (i blame @Bigmaec for this - he was a bromelite fan for carrier fuel)

2) then i tried to SLF reset the asteroid. Nope - it doesnt work anymore and if you fire another prospector you get the SSD animation when asteroid is scanned, but no SSD targets

3) But, you can always count on Quit to menu.
And voila, the EGG is reset and the 4x Bromelite SSD are there.
Granted, quit to menu is slower than SLF reset, but is waaay faster than searching for another 4x SSD asteroid - hence the removal of LTD SSD and the general fk-up of the entire LTD mining that happened in the last Patch.

Thank you for the QA for FDevs! xD

About #3, actually that looks like a pretty bad work from them... Seems they have assigned those bugs & issues to a junior developer who can't manage the issue in general and applying some tweaking patches here and there... Well that's sad, what can I say.

Don't want to be rude to FDev team, but as a programmer with 13 years of experience, including gamedev, I can say it's both poor work from development team and qa team :-(
I wish I'd be able to look at their codebase - sometimes it may be really hard to fix such issues, but I'm almost sure it's ot the case.

OP, look! If they want to make other content more enticing to players then they can design those parts of the game to be better, but taking from one good thing to marginally enhance another is not an improvement by any means. It's still the same thing. Crushing a bag of potato chips (crisps) doesn't give you more chips! It just gives you more pieces, and a lousier eating experience. Make the bad parts better, and leave the good stuff alone.

OP, look! If they want to make other content more enticing to players then they can design those parts of the game to be better, but taking from one good thing to marginally enhance another is not an improvement by any means. It's still the same thing. Crushing a bag of potato chips (crisps) doesn't give you more chips! It just gives you more pieces, and a lousier eating experience. Make the bad parts better, and leave the good stuff alone.
Completely agree! Though the mining itself was (and unfortunately still is) broken and should be fixed. Now it's better than before patch, but still far from good.

Thank you for the QA for FDevs! xD

About #3, actually that looks like a pretty bad work from them... Seems they have assigned those bugs & issues to a junior developer who can't manage the issue in general and applying some tweaking patches here and there... Well that's sad, what can I say.

Don't want to be rude to FDev team, but as a programmer with 13 years of experience, including gamedev, I can say it's both poor work from development team and qa team :-(
I wish I'd be able to look at their codebase - sometimes it may be really hard to fix such issues, but I'm almost sure it's ot the case.
Hmmm.. Can you be so kind to share some part of your wisdom?
How - taking into account current design and supposed state of the code, also real imposed time deadlines etc - how - on your regard - was the best approach to fix this patricular form of the SLF exploit (lets say what it was supposed to implement this part of patch 3)? Without ruining the bunch of other in-game mechanics seemingly "unrelated" (and I'm not speaking of material distribution in hotspots etc). Taking into account real situations and not "theoretical" - "let's rewrite the code fully"? I'm quite curious...

Well to know HOW to fix it properly, for sure need to look at their code and architecture first - I don't have access to it ¯\(ツ)
What's the most concerning is that they have fixed a very particular case, without checking/fixing another similar cases (e.g. you can't respawn SSDs with flying away but still can do it with relog).
It shows that the changes was very specific, kinda added a hardcoded check or something like that, which in turn doesn't make the code better but increasing the tech debt and leading to more issues on future.
As I said, there is a chance that it's highly coupled with some very core mechanics such as instancing – in that case, it may be really hard to fix everything properly, but it's exactly the consequences of a previous technical debt, if that's the case.

it's highly coupled with some very core mechanics such as instancing

Basically this
P2P instead of server based means that game's instancing is locally - hence the combat logging, reloging to respawn materials at POI's (and now to respawn SSD), relogging to HGE and so on
Way cheaper to maintain a multiplayer game than a client-server architecture, but open to these sort of lame mechanics.

They should simply own it instead of crapping up the game.

Basically this
Technically that sort of things can be easily solved even for a completely single game, so for sure it can be solved for a p2p multiplayer. But that's correct if designing the game's architecture from the scratch, have no idea how it's made in ED right now.
But in my opinion, with having some server-based mechanics, that should be even easier to make in ED.

Top Bottom