Patch Notes Update Server Side Update 10/10/14

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I believe that many think it was the patch 2.05 that messed it up but it was the server side patch they did on Friday evening and that patch/upgrade have not been labelled so therefor many refer that as the 2.05

I believe that many think it was the patch 2.05 that messed it up but it was the server side patch they did on Friday evening and that patch/upgrade have not been labelled so therefor many refer that as the 2.05
Agreed. The actual 2.05 patch was a huge improvement on my end, but the subsequent server upgrade opened up a whole can of instability.

Moral of the story: don't roll out upgrades on fridays. :D

Agreed. The actual 2.05 patch was a huge improvement on my end, but the subsequent server upgrade opened up a whole can of instability.

Moral of the story: don't roll out upgrades on fridays. :D

Nope it was 2.05 that messed up the exploration scanning and 100% the loading times.

I noticed it straight away. I was there ready as usual to click the first ED logo away, and I waited...and waited......and waited......and waited....then 20 seconds later I clicked and thought, gah?

The scanning was a little broke, ie it would scan and take a while to change (maybe 3 or 4 seconds) to its name, the server update broke it completely.

Also, since 2.05 I experienced my first CTD without even a error report screen appearing.

I agree the server update broke even more things, but 2.05 was without doubt the worst build in terms of stability I have yet to play so far, bar none.

Nope, it was the serverside patch that broke the exploration scanning of celestials. i was in when the server side patch happened and i was exploring. The scanning broke then and not in 2.05.

If im honest, ive not really come across any issues because of 2.05, although im not testing all mechanics. The loading is slightly (and i mean slightly) improved for me.

We still can at this moment get the occassional celestial scan correctly but its a very poor rate.

Also i noticed that the cartographics was unresponsive before the serverside patching.

Last edited:
Nope it was 2.05 that messed up the exploration scanning and 100% the loading times.
Again, not on my end. Your experience may be different due to many factors, but from where I was playing 2.05 was a huge improvement in loading time and shifting instances.

Hope to see some of that snappiness return soon.

Again, not on my end. Your experience may be different due to many factors, but from where I was playing 2.05 was a huge improvement in loading time and shifting instances.

Same here played a couple of hours yesterday and tonight and its been fine much better loading times and not one crash. exploration issues yes but its still identifying some bodies.
Mind you...... Not sure that I've seen many human players but then I have been.... actually Ive no idea where Ive been just cruisin !!

Ive done some testing and I freely crashed my ship against a station wall to reset all explored data ive gathered. After that i had access to the cartography.
Then I went out to try and scan 2 systems.
The exploring is real borked. I had to scan the systems repeatedly before I got all planets to show up as unknown object.
But I was not able to get any planet names when scanning them closely.

Then I went to a station and try to sell my data BUT I could not access the cartography, same bug as before. unable to connect to the server.
So il guess that happens when you have data to sell.

I hope they manage to fix this issue tomorrow as exploring is totally whacked and pointless atm

I raised a ticket on the 9th that exploration data had been broken for the last 1-2 days. I wasn't sure exactly when it broke when I wrote the ticket but it was definitely before the server side patch if they implemented it on the 10th.

Thanksgiving

Hey folks. I've been having many of the same issues with stations disappearing, spinning sidewinders when trying to lead, never ending "Stand By" when trying to buy a ship, etc.

In case you weren't aware, this weekend is Thanksgiving in the UK and Canada where Frontier is located so go easy on them. And maybe be thankful they are working on this game and that they will hopefully get some time to relax this weekend and come back to tackle the problems on Tuesday all refreshed. :)

In case you weren't aware, this weekend is Thanksgiving in the UK and Canada where Frontier is located so go easy on them. And maybe be thankful they are working on this game and that they will hopefully get some time to relax this weekend and come back to tackle the problems on Tuesday all refreshed. :)

There's no such thing as Thanksgiving in the UK, outside of helping some Canadian or USA (when they have theirs) friends celebrate it.

But, yes, given the long hours FD devs have recently pulled I'd cut them some slack, calm down, and wait to see what updates we get tomorrow.

I want to see the snappiness of every single build prior to 2.05 return, thankyouverymuch. :)

EDIT: Out of interest, can you post exactly how long it takes from the desktop launcher and you clicking Play, to the Frontier Logo appearing.

Note: I'm not talking about when you click Online and suddenly your playing, I'm talking about the LAUNCH loading time.

Last edited:
Since the server 2.05 and server updatethe stability is the worse since the early days of Alpha.. Takes an age to load the game, frequent crashes, stalls, etc.. I suspect it was the server update that screwed things up but who knows?

Ugh!

Yep the UK don't celebrate thanksgiving, I believe that's am American invention.
Only reason I know is the UK and Eire celebrate the same holidays.

<snip>
In case you weren't aware, this weekend is Thanksgiving in the UK
<snip>

UK Thanksgiving is when all the locals gather together and give thanks for:
  • The glorious weather.
  • British Rail.
  • Licenses for operating a television.
  • Vans that seek out people operating a television without a license.
  • The M25.
  • Mr Blobby.
  • Christmas albums.
  • Christmas albums featuring Mr Blobby.

I want to see the snappiness of every single build prior to 2.05 return, thankyouverymuch. :)

EDIT: Out of interest, can you post exactly how long it takes from the desktop launcher and you clicking Play, to the Frontier Logo appearing.

Note: I'm not talking about when you click Online and suddenly your playing, I'm talking about the LAUNCH loading time.
Sure. It takes 5 seconds at most. I am not trolling here, it is the truth.

Mine probably takes 5 seconds from PLAY to Frontier Logo.

When I click the mouse to skip the logo animations (yes, impatient!), it probably takes another 2 seconds to show me the main menu.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom