Patch Notes Update Server Side Update 10/10/14

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Loading times.

The loading time has been good all week, though today it hasn't gotten past the spinning Sidewinder at all. This is on both Solo and Open play. I am wondering if there is a server issue at the moment. Hopefully I'll get to play some Elite Dangerous tomorrow, back to real life for the rest of the evening.

UK Thanksgiving is when all the locals gather together and give thanks for:
  • The glorious weather.
  • British Rail.
  • Licenses for operating a television.
  • Vans that seek out people operating a television without a license.
  • The M25.
  • Mr Blobby.
  • Christmas albums.
  • Christmas albums featuring Mr Blobby.

This joke would have been topical around the time First Encounters was released.

If you experienced any problems over the weekend, just know that the crash logs are being dealt with as we speak.

Thanks for playing commanders.

I hope devs know about not being reimbursed for old equipment when buying new modules.

Easily lost over 2 mil. this way because I didn´t check my balance against what elite was doing.

Everyone is affected.

If you experienced any problems over the weekend, just know that the crash logs are being dealt with as we speak.

Thank you Edward. Are they working on the faulty Exploring system and cartography thing as well?
And the server lag,,, unresponsive or really slow bulletin board etc.
Tell them as well to look into so we can buy the detailed surface scanner if we own other ships than just the sidewinder.
:)

Last edited:

Hi Edward,

Sorry to harp on about this, as per my previous message - please get a proper statement out about the 'spinning sidewinder, game doesn't launch' issue, why are some people able to play and some people aren't. Is it capacity related?

I know this is beta, but personally a minimum expectation (and for the money invested up front) I would expect to at least be able to access the game.

Thanks
Dan

for what it is worth,
last night (10pm EST or around 4am BST/GMT) Universal Cartographics started working again, after having problems before.
I assume that may be related to the load on the servers at this time.

And it was actually quite fun to explore, although the 'sell all data' button does not work.:D

Hi Edward,

Sorry to harp on about this, as per my previous message - please get a proper statement out about the 'spinning sidewinder, game doesn't launch' issue, why are some people able to play and some people aren't. Is it capacity related?

I know this is beta, but personally a minimum expectation (and for the money invested up front) I would expect to at least be able to access the game.

Thanks
Dan

Dan - It's no problem, I completely understand (I have the same problem on my build at home). This is honestly something the devs are looking in to right now, but that's really all I can say. They think they've isolated the problem, but they're continuing to look for fixes just to make sure - you should be back on board in no time at all.

I'll post more details in here when I have some specifics. I'll even tell you what went wrong, as soon as I know!

Have you logged a ticket? I'll be sending the team your details so they can specifically check your log and narrow it down.

Hope that alleviates some of the frustration... if only a little bit!

Ed

I don't know if they did something to the servers this morning but the cartography works again so I can sell data.
I could also do exploring. Objects was found and added to the list at first scan attempt and I could also gather planetary data.

The bulletin board is also fast in response now so it seams the lag I suffered is gone.

Dan - It's no problem, I completely understand (I have the same problem on my build at home). This is honestly something the devs are looking in to right now, but that's really all I can say. They think they've isolated the problem, but they're continuing to look for fixes just to make sure - you should be back on board in no time at all.

I'll post more details in here when I have some specifics. I'll even tell you what went wrong, as soon as I know!

Have you logged a ticket? I'll be sending the team your details so they can specifically check your log and narrow it down.

Hope that alleviates some of the frustration... if only a little bit!

Ed

Thanks Edward, I appreciate that.

Yes the ticket is logged and I uploaded the weekends output logs to the ticket.

I did try again this morning (working from home has benefits :D) but no change, when I thought the least amount of people would be trying to play.

Thanks
Dan

Will come back in a sec

Have tried multiple times to post a youtube link but this forums anti swear system blocks the link as it has three letters in a row that misspell a slightly naughty word.

Oh dear.

Right finally got a link that the forums will accept.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic2bIdSa-4A&feature=youtu.be

This has been since 2.05 for me, the server update brought its own issues but not this.

Just so FD are aware the loading wasn't made hunky dory for EVERYONE...

Last edited:
Stability

Don't know about anyone else but there seems to be some server issues going on? Over the weekend I have been having some crazy lag that has cost me a hauler with a full load and almost 2 more haulers by 'repositioning' my ship. Since I started beta I have had a lot of trouble changing states, going to/from hyperspace (common problem) but the last few days its unplayable. I've dropped in 5min playing getting from I Bootis to Aulin.

Playing in windowed mode in solo solves almost all my issues but that's not really the way forward is it?!

Don't know about anyone else but there seems to be some server issues going on? Over the weekend I have been having some crazy lag that has cost me a hauler with a full load and almost 2 more haulers by 'repositioning' my ship. Since I started beta I have had a lot of trouble changing states, going to/from hyperspace (common problem) but the last few days its unplayable. I've dropped in 5min playing getting from I Bootis to Aulin.

Playing in windowed mode in solo solves almost all my issues but that's not really the way forward is it?!

Have you logged your issue with us? Make sure you've filled out a ticket, and we can make sure to pick it up. We're working through thousands, but every single one will be picked up.

In case you weren't aware, this weekend is Thanksgiving in the UK and Canada where Frontier is located so go easy on them.

Apologies. I was wrong about UK thanksgiving. At my church, they read out the proclamation by Queen Elizabeth II declaring the second Monday in October to be Canadian thanksgiving and I guess I've always incorrectly assumed it was the same in the UK. So many customs, laws, systems (and even the monarch) are shared that it is a surprise to find exceptions to the rule. :)

Apparently in the UK there are harvest festivals and some special church services in November, but it isn't given the same treatment as in the US and Canada.

Is there an issue with the upgrades Server currently.

I was trying to upgrade my Power Distribution, had correct money and it was available but just kept on coming up unable to contact server.

BB and everything else working fine so no idea.

Saved at station and will try later/tomorrow.

Flying Viper and currently at Einstein Platform (or similar)

I have openend two further Tickets ( ship explodes for the second time in Station and Bulletin Server does not connect, forces game back into Main Menue)
Now I'll wait for Beta3, beta 2.05 is not playable.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom