Call to Arms for a Free Colonia

Hmm, afterthought....
Correct me if wrong, but FDev announced no Elite on ps5, right?!
So ps4 cmdrs who like this game could stick around with ps4 for a while, but since not so big community and spread around with not much group content or active squadrons, seems that this Colonia conflict is gathering new cmdrs mainly on consoles, don't know what are the numbers on Xbox though.
And since we never see any opposite ps4 cmdrs, seems recruiting goes Reapers way.
I don't think ps4 cmdrs are doing that for same reasons Reapers elders do it, but because there's not nuch action for ps4 universe.
With that said, maybe we should set up Bubble chapter of ps4 Loren's Reapers,
for all cmdrs who would like to join the fun, but Colonia is bit away and all this FDev stuff going on in Bubble.
I think people will play in open if we give them a reason.
A discussion for another time perhaps. ;)

FTFY. It's been tried before and it always fall flat and backfires.

What are you talking about mate? Explorers broke a treaty, and now explorer blood will be spilled. It goes full circle. You're also free to side with the instigators of this conflict, just don't call it "peace keeping". It's a laughably poor argument.

Also, in case you don't know, FTFY implies you fixed (altered, in reality) parts of somebody's argument. The one at hand is a bit more complex than your oversimplification.

You're welcome. :)

Last edited:
I'll give you a hand with the chronological ordering on these
TN was put into Carcosa in a 'special' BGS way with super-influence and virtually gteed expansion which ran into another BGS power. (I used to think something else but now think its purely MB was a fan of Lovecraft and took the opportunity with Carcosa, I dont now think there is any more tinfoil, he was just giving them a good start and a chance so they didnt get wiped out immediately is all)
TN was adopted by 1 o r more player groups / squadrons over time but either gave up or got nowhere
Carcosa was taken by a pmf EN and held while TN were unsupported and just an NPC group?
This is where it gets murky. Especially as to chronological order.
DG2 was an SDC event. Everybody who knows about them will have their own views on SDC or on one member who killed Salome. Start another thread about that.
TN was adopted by LR and LR moved to Colonia and took control of Carcosa from EN who were a pmf. Seemingly with no negotiation? We have the date from Isiah, the accusation is it was taken while the pmf was out exploring and maybe even as revenge, when did DW2 end? One side says liberation one says retribution.
At some point LR declared war on Colonia Council and a new 'council' was the eventual outcome. Point of a sword negotiations?
TN have not remained in Carcosa but have been accused of expansionist behaviour which they deny. They have now been retreated back to Carcosa.
March 3303 ish: a new 'council' was the eventual outcome
(if you're referring to the CEI groups rejecting the claims to authority of the original CCN)

June 3303: TN was put into Carcosa in a 'special' BGS way with super-influence and virtually gteed expansion which ran into another BGS power. (I used to think something else but now think its purely MB was a fan of Lovecraft and took the opportunity with Carcosa, I dont now think there is any more tinfoil, he was just giving them a good start and a chance so they didnt get wiped out immediately is all)

October 3303: At some point LR declared war on Colonia Council
(They lost, massively. This was an official Frontier CG)

August 3303 - January 3304: Carcosa was taken by a pmf EN and held while TN were unsupported and just an NPC group?
(EN captured Robardin in August, would have captured Aragon in October if it hadn't been for the CG interfering, eventually got chance in January)

Various times in 3304, and February 3305: TN was adopted by 1 o r more player groups / squadrons over time but either gave up or got nowhere

January-May 3305: DG2 was an SDC event. Everybody who knows about them will have their own views on SDC or on one member who killed Salome. Start another thread about that.

March/April 3305: TN was adopted by LR and LR moved to Colonia and took control of Carcosa from EN who were a pmf.

June/August 3305: TN have not remained in Carcosa but have been accused of expansionist behaviour which they deny. They have now been retreated back to Carcosa.
(they still have presence in the Earth Expeditionary Fleet system for now, and will be difficult to remove from there in the short-term)

June 3305: when did DW2 end?

August 3305: Point of a sword negotiations?
(EN-LRCV treaty signed following a failed attempt in July 3305 to retake Carcosa for EN)

(to highlight the two things most likely to be considered "expansionist behaviour" and to put them in the timeline: in terms of Colonia politics it is not usually considered expansionist merely to be present in another system, because the political geography makes that the default arrangement)

September 3305: have been accused of expansionist behaviour which they deny
(No Look Here Gang capture Pennsylvania with Nameless support)

December 3305: have been accused of expansionist behaviour which they deny
(Nameless capture Earth Expeditionary Fleet system)

... and then relative to the current conflict
February 3306: Societas Eruditorum assist the Colonia Council to retake Pennsylvania from the No Look Here Gang, current conflict begins.

I would add something else to this as the whole player named/FDev named factions issue muddies the waters where perhaps it shouldn't.
Possibly, though I think the actual issue is slightly more fundamental and doesn't hinge on who named the faction.

Essentially, that by two years in factions with supporters had already claimed all systems - with relatively little direct fighting over who got what - so anyone trying to take an additional system for any faction therefore has to fight against an existing supported territorial claim. That applies to the Nameless taking Carcosa from EN ... it would also apply to a hypothetical [1] Radio Sidewinder attempt to take Ra' Takakhan from UCA.

In Witch Head, for example, all the factions are Frontier-named. A single group has nevertheless supported its adopted factions to take control of the entire nebula there, and anyone who wants a system under different control will have to fight against that existing claim, with greater strength than the holding group can defend with.

The Nameless are unique for Colonia in that they actually had the strength to take the system, against an actual attempt to enforce the earlier claim. (And then a second system for EEF, and then support the NLHG to a third - though those were less directly defended)

[1] Picking a geographically implausible example deliberately, here.

Remind us who raged quit with a sidey back to the bubble, and went to Deciat to destroy noobs?
Is that also your big plan if you lose this war? "Go smash bystanders and spread carnage across Colonia", i.e. annoy the neutral folks you were trying to rally to your cause?

I didn't rage quit.

You all were sitting outside the station expecting to kill me thousands of times. I took the hilarious option that made you look stupid.

And it was an Eagle. Robardin doesn't sell Sidewinders. All the locals know this.

Some minor notes:
January-May 3305: DG2 was an SDC event. Everybody who knows about them will have their own views on SDC or on one member who killed Salome. Start another thread about that.
It's also worth remembering that DG2 was targeting DW2, and the expedition never went to Colonia. The closest it had been was Polo Harbour. I've no idea if any members took time out to head to Colonia, and if they were followed by gankers, but DW2 itself wasn't a Colonia affair.

June 3305: when did DW2 end?
It's kind of an interesting thing: DW2 had an end that stretched over a couple of months. The official end period began in April 21, 2019, and it ended on June 14, 2019: people who arrived at Beagle Point within these (almost) two months had been officially marked as having completed the expedition.

Of course, there was also the matter of where individual Commanders decided to go after having reached BP, as DW2 was a one-way expedition, not one that started in inhabited space and ended in inhabited space. I wonder: has there been an increase in Colonia traffic during the above time? I think that most players went back to the old bubble, but don't have much to support this.

I've no idea if any members took time out to head to Colonia
There was a noticeable spike in regional traffic - especially in the Colonia system itself - as the expedition approached and passed Polo Harbour, but then nothing particularly significant for the rest of 3305.

There has been a general increase during 3306, peaking July-August, but that's presumably mostly not extremely slow returners of DW2.

The more I read here the more I think this thread is a joke. Looking forward to hearing the other side of the story
Here you go:

That should help you. (y)

Last edited:
Question for the group.

The AAA has been attacking literally everything associated with myself and the Reapers. CMDRs regardless of who they are. Systems like Carcosa, Coma, and even Prism are in their sights.

Obviously they believe outlaws are guilty by association. So, if there is a Distant Worlds 3 and members of the AAA participate (especially in leadership as they have in the past)...

...what then?

Have you ever asked yourself if YOU are the reason they are attacking you and EVERYTHING associated with you?

The more I see here the more I am seeing that particular people are arousing passions with the way they behave. If you are truly happy to play the bad guy then you cannot really complain if people hate you. And if you are happy to play the bad guy then you should be happy to have opposition. Meaning, I don't see why you should be upset if people oppose you if your MO is to upset people.

Before FCs Im sure that was a much stronger argument, does it really matter anymore with a weekend trip to the bubble and back with a new fleet all engineered? Is that more important that the real or imagined wrongs that are being accounted for?

The majority of people who buy one of the extra ships are visitors or explorers taking a break. The Alliance ships are selling like hotcakes. Are you telling everybody, go to the bubble for a few days on a SPEAR sponsored carrier to get the ship so you can let of some steam in Colonia?

At some point LR declared war on Colonia Council and a new 'council' was the eventual outcome. Point of a sword negotiations?

LR never declared war on Colonia Council. The Nameless did during the first CG back in 3303 and as we know now Phisto was fighting on the side of Colonia Council at the time. LR wasn't in Colonia until 3305.

Replying to Dilon: it's not that player named faction should have priority, rather it's that coming out of nowhere to revive an otherwise inert NPC faction, to flip a system that a player faction got hold off, all the while everyone is out = bad blood.
I guess you missed the part where you won unfairly (loaded word perhaps but that's the perception I guess). That doesn't make for a strong negotiating position.

Stop with the "while everyone was out" argument. CL76 had 70+ people at that time and LR had around 10-15. No native faction supported CL76 in the subsequent wars over the outposts either and still LR sponsored CL76 to become a member of CEI. I got attacked by CL76 multiple times before I started shooting at them first. Even not that long ago I got pulled by them in my trade ship.

Remind us who raged quit with a sidey back to the bubble, and went to Deciat to destroy noobs?
Is that also your big plan if you lose this war? "Go smash bystanders and spread carnage across Colonia", i.e. annoy the neutral folks you were trying to rally to your cause?

If I only would go by the video posted by SPEAR I would say the same, but I was there and have the 2.5h encounter on video too. What a piece of misinformation that video was. I have to give it to Akuma, he is a master of distorting the truth.
There will be carnage, but like always only in the systems of our opponents. Lot's of targets to choose from and not only in Colonia. We will emulate LPV.

Top Bottom