Call to Arms for a Free Colonia

Have you ever asked yourself if YOU are the reason they are attacking you and EVERYTHING associated with you?

The more I see here the more I am seeing that particular people are arousing passions with the way they behave. If you are truly happy to play the bad guy then you cannot really complain if people hate you. And if you are happy to play the bad guy then you should be happy to have opposition. Meaning, I don't see why you should be upset if people oppose you if your MO is to upset people.

I have. It's because of these two reasons:

1) SPEAR and others paint all outlaws with the same giant brush. Apparently all us gankers are part of some giant, toxic cabal looking to ruin everyone's fun.

2) I am a popular yet divisive poster on this forum that called them to the carpet on multiple occassions without apology.

Nothing more.

Have you ever asked yourself if YOU are the reason they are attacking you and EVERYTHING associated with you?

The more I see here the more I am seeing that particular people are arousing passions with the way they behave. If you are truly happy to play the bad guy then you cannot really complain if people hate you. And if you are happy to play the bad guy then you should be happy to have opposition. Meaning, I don't see why you should be upset if people oppose you if your MO is to upset people.
I think the issue here is the collateral damage being caused. I don't know Phisto very well at all but what I have seen of him in the forums and in the game has been that he welcomes the opposition against him. When it spills over into the affected area and other people associated with him and by extension innocent CMDR's who have moved to Colonia specifically to avoid political strife, I think that's the issue.

I think the issue here is the collateral damage being caused. I don't know Phisto very well at all but what I have seen of him in the forums and in the game has been that he welcomes the opposition against him. When it spills over into the affected area and other people associated with him and by extension innocent CMDR's who have moved to Colonia specifically to avoid political strife, I think that's the issue.

When you look to change things collateral damage is always a risk. I think in the end it will have been worth it.

Also, one minor point I forgot to make in my last post: I'm not a bad guy. I'm an anti-hero.

That's the $64,000 question isn't it?

See if that is true, then what of the group that are doing the attacking? A whole big group like that, motivated to move 22,000ly across the map on a personal vendetta. I imagine if you keep exploring that path, there is a break in the ToS somewhere.

This is why it would appear that certain groups are busy denying that claim, throwing up stories of 'virtual genocide' and other vague things because they cant say, 'actually we're just after ruining one CMDRs game'.

Painted themselves in a corner. A corner a long way from home, no less.

If the truth is as you say it, then who do you think already look like the winners? The ones defending or the ones bent out of shape by one player?

I've learned one thing in life that has stood me in good stead. I can't change what people do in life if I don't like it, all I can do is change my reaction to it.

Some should chew over that. A little self-examination never hurt anyone.

It's roleplay. We're happy to have players hate our characters and the BGS side of the game would be stagnant without opposition and we are all aware of this. I have no doubt that is why members of SPEAR have come up- small scale and hard fought BGS. Nobody has any ill will towards any player (or at least I hope not).

Everyone is playing a game, however it's a game that has finite space and competition for control of systems. No-one is trying to deliberately upset anyone, but competition and rivalry is going to be a part of this. Someone will win, someone will lose and it's human nature to have a reaction to that.

I hope the football team I support wins their next game. I hope our closest rivals lose. In this game I hope we ultimately prevail here. These are not dissimilar.

I didn't rage quit.

You all were sitting outside the station expecting to kill me thousands of times. I took the hilarious option that made you look stupid.

And it was an Eagle. Robardin doesn't sell Sidewinders. All the locals know this.

The "sidey back to the bubble" refers to the well-known option of selecting the sidewinder option on the rebuy screen which puts you back into the bubble.
It was hilarious indeed, but no need to always bent over backwards just to insult the other side ("stupid") or to portray the other side as ignorant ("all the locals know this").

Wonder why people rally against your side? You (and a few others on your side) keep giving them more reasons, more evidence, more narrative to do so.
It seems so easy to fix and step 1 to get into a negotiating phase and yet you just keep doing it... Perhaps, someone should step in and fix these PR issues.

Perhaps, someone should step in and fix these PR issues.

200.gif

The "sidey back to the bubble" refers to the well-known option of selecting the sidewinder option on the rebuy screen which puts you back into the bubble.
It was hilarious indeed, but no need to always bent over backwards just to insult the other side ("stupid") or to portray the other side as ignorant ("all the locals know this").

Wonder why people rally against your side? You (and a few others on your side) keep giving them more reasons, more evidence, more narrative to do so.
It seems so easy to fix and step 1 to get into a negotiating phase and yet you just keep doing it... Perhaps, someone should step in and fix these PR issues.

We offered to negotiate over every channel available and you turned us down cold.

You are literally attempting to gaslight us.

Perhaps, someone should step in and fix these PR issues.

I can only agree with you , the locals have good a good grasp of folk , I trust you were not hurt by this as you freely aknowledge it here

If you turn against the Reapers because of a silly prank on SPEAR then I'm sure we're not all that concerned.

Interesting how you talk about negotiations. Based on what we've already seen, what deal could possibly be struck that would suit both sides and also be enforceable?

I doubt there's anything either side could offer each other right now. Since by your own suggestion, EN will not accept the Nameless in control of Carcosa. Where would you go from there?

If they would, why did the previous agreement fail?

One thing I don't understand yet... if the narrative is "vindicating the poor, poor EN, who were unjustly removed from power in Carcosa" - why didn't SECD chime in to fight full power during the two wars EN recently lost and only throw in their weight in their own war for control? Is your alliance crap? Have you been played by SECD? Was the narrative something entirely different after all? Have people on one side suddenly lost the will to fight? Is all going according to the secret masterplan? Answers at ten. Stay tuned for another episode of Fantasy Island!

Top Bottom