The Dark Wheel Summary:

We have expanded, but not to Lave where we wanted, rather to Arque. This is a disappointing result for all of us after the hard work put in, especially over the last week. We were so close. Lave system was the lowest non-native in the cube, but the order systems get processed in tick did not work out this time.

We WILL make another attempt on Lave but there are competing factors as to timing of events.

We have a number of expansions that we want to do in the short term. These all further our overall goals.

-LTT 5455. Another expansion from here will both test access to Sol, as it is in extreme range of Sol itself, and get us into a system on the way towards LFT 509. We are already close to expansion level here.

-Turdetani. Another attempt on Lave from Turdetani as soon as we can manage it. Turdetani has a conflict that ties up more than 25% of the influence, so this will take some days to resolve. We also have to regain nearly 30% influence before we can expand again. There are also a few political issues and competing expansions that need a bit of time to resolve.

- LHS 397. We are still in the election for system control here and will take around a week to get to expansion level in this system. An expansion from here gets us to the last hop just outside Sol where we test the ability to grant permits (unlikely), then push for an expansion into Sol. Our need for this system may evaporate entirely if we probe Sol from LTT 5455 instead.

I am very proud of the efforts all of you have made. Every little bit helps. Mountains have been moved this week, not helped AT ALL by the tick failure over last weekend.

Orders will be posted soon by Micha Maverick.

We will contest the invasion in Arque, but will not be attempting to take over the system. Be aware that as an engineer hangout the system can be a dangerous place in Open play.

Keep Turning the Wheel Commanders!

I would have much preferred a direct reply to my question.
However I understand from this the Dark Wheel are throwing their principles of cooperation as stated earlier in this thread over board, and intend to see this hostile invasion through.

Nice guys, nice.

I'd written my post for our discord and only saw your post AFTER posting it here.

We are utterly not interested in Arque. We are however interested in being present in a number of systems as per the very first post in this thread.
Contesting the conflict is completely consistent with this.

It is by no means consistent with your claimed principle of peaceful operations and not stepping on anyone's toes. I herewith inform you that you are now stepping on ours.

Nice guys, nice.

I'd written my post for our discord and only saw your post AFTER posting it here.

We are utterly not interested in Arque. We are however interested in being present in a number of systems as per the very first post in this thread.
Contesting the conflict is completely consistent with this.
Well if that was your intention when you arrived in Arque contacting the player faction in system would have been the courteous thIng to do and open up a dialogue. I reached out to Cmdr Kai Zen on Discord when we noticed DW’s expansion into Arque and so far received no reply. We have attempted to open a dialogue, but so far only received a blunt well we are here and intend to stay. No discussion on how things might work. The ball is firmly in your court to start talking!

We have noted that the Dark Wheel is invading Arque, one of our core systems.
Would you please explain your intentions.

Speaking as a great unwashed Pleb, not a clue whats happening / happened. So far everything has been handled diplomatically, pretty sure this one will be too, will take time due to time zones and RL. Last week all my BGS work was for Lave Radio, happy to do the same for your faction if the orders come through, as will be many more Im sure.

If its war it war, but lets not declare was because of time-zones or RL, I personally wont do any work in that system until we are officially 'at war' or 'at peace', I expect to know within 24 hrs and probably a lot sooner.

Kai is offline, probably for a good number of hours yet.

Moderate your tone. Back off with the accusations and settle down.
I made no accusations, merely suggested what we would expect of any player group that moved into one of our systems when not intended to do so, as this expansion was clearly aimed elsewhere. As for the rest there were no accusations just stating your intentions as outlined in your post above. I have attached my post that I sent to Cmdr Kai Zen for reference and in case anyone is interested.
“Hi,
I understand you are leading the Turning the Wheel Initiative. The Dark Wheel have expanded into Arque. A system that our squadron Alliance Rapid Reaction Force fought very hard for and one we don’t want to give up. Was this an intended expansion or just pot luck? What are you plans, if any in the system? Obviously we would prefer to come to an amicable arrangement over this. Our squadron is on Inara and we have a Discord which might be an easier place for discussion.

Thanks for your time,
Cmdr F4fred.”

Taken from the Standing orders on the Elite Week Discord https://discord.gg/Wtgnsbq

Orders 16 - 17 Oct 3306

We are leading in the elections in LHS 397 by 2-0. Please continue doing relevant peaceful TDW missions
We have invaded into Arque and are now in a war with Independent Agatavun Labour. Please fight for The Dark Wheel.
Collective of Independent Agents in LFT 926 are still close to a conflict, please to some mission for them.

Please do not do any of the following as they help the enemy:
Do NOT work for other factions in our systems, unless requested in the orders.
Do NOT hand in bounties for any faction other than The Dark Wheel in our systems.
Do NOT hand in trade goods or cartography data to stations that we do not own.

Tasks for today:

Bounty Hunting & Combat:
  • Combat Zones in Arque. Shoot at Independent Agatavun Labour.
  • Bounty Hunting in any of our controlled systems. (Anyanwu has a CNB). Hand in to LTT 5455 or LHS 397. (Note: Do not hunt in LHS 397 itself - we do not control the system!)

Commodity Trading:
  • Profitable trades into Tull Enterprise in LTT 5455.
  • Profitable trades into Rushworth Port in Turdetani.

Missions & Passengers:
  • Missions for The Dark Wheel in LTT 5455.
  • Peaceful missions for The Dark Wheel in LHS 397.
  • Missions for Collective of Independent Agents in LFT 926.

Exploration Data:
  • Hand in to Tull Enterprise in LTT 5455
  • Hand in to Rushworth Port in Turdetani.

Please continue to use EDMC or similar tools to keep local data up to date.
Orders today a dual effort between Crypto and Micha

Keep Turning The Wheel, Hamsters!

Well. If it's all the same I'll fight for indy Agavatun and defend our system thanks.

Should we fail. Then we will have to oppose the BGS attempts of the Dark Wheel until we believe our system is secure.
I am sure you understand.

until we believe our system is secure.

Which type of non-native would you rather have to defend your system from invasion:

A minor NPC faction that controls no systems or bases & needs constant mission work to keep up, or a benign player supported ally with a faction that controls systems bounties can be quickly obtained from to keep them up even if you have to work them at all?

Hmm, it's a dilemma for sure.

Signed, the previous controller of LTT 5455.

Which type of non-native would you rather have to defend your system from invasion:

A minor NPC faction that controls no systems or bases & needs constant mission work to keep up, or a benign player supported ally with a faction that controls systems bounties can be quickly obtained from to keep them up even if you have to work them at all?

Hmm, it's a dilemma for sure.

Signed, the previous controller of LTT 5455.
At present we have no way of telling as no one has approached us with how the DW remaining in Arque would work, what guarantees would be in place or anything. All we can see so far is that DW have arrived in system with a stated intent to remain, but very little else. Hence we await dialogue.
I would ask a question in return. Which would you rather have a player group that you have talked to and agreed a deal, or one that you have annoyed and might be inclined to throw a spanner in the works in future? And no that is not a threat, but if you want cooperation you have to talk.

Last edited:
Top Bottom