Ill bet Kai went to bed quite happy last night, wondering if Lave had been reached as planned, excited to find out with the BGS delay last week.....and wakes up to this delicate situation
Well let us hope he had a good nights sleep! :) I realise this expansion was aimed at Lave, but we need someone to talk to us now it has ended up somewhere else.

At present we have no way of telling as no one has approached us with how the DW remaining in Arque would work, what guarantees would be in place or anything. All we can see so far is that DW have arrived in system with a stated intent to remain, but very little else. Hence we await dialogue.
I would ask a question in return. Which would you rather have a player group that you have talked to and agreed a deal, or one that you have annoyed and might be inclined to throw a spanner in the works in future? And no that is not a threat, but if you want cooperation you have to talk.

I had the same issue, in fact LTT 5455 was their intended target in my case. Give them time to react, not everyone is as 'rapid' as you. They have been extremely accommodating in my territory & I would be happy for a faction like this to occupy a non-native slot in any of the systems I have an interest in having seem first hand how they operate.

The rules for expansions appear to have changed, and you are able to see that Arque was not their intended target, but it is to your advantage to have them on your side.

Well let us hope he had a good nights sleep! :) I realise this expansion was aimed at Lave, but we need someone to talk to us now it has ended up somewhere else.

o7 commander

As you said this expansion was aimed at Lave, no secret about that since weeks. We missed it only by a hair's breadth and only because of unlucky order of system evaluation on tick. Since it was not the plan to land in Arque, there are obviously also not intends so far. I am no diplomat, but only a BGS-planner and enhusiast of this game, so not of much help. But I am quite sure that you will get someone to talk about the cause as soon as awake and done RL-duty. So please be patient for a bit longer.

Last edited:
I had the same issue, in fact LTT 5455 was their intended target in my case. Give them time to react, not everyone is as 'rapid' as you. They have been extremely accommodating in my territory & I would be happy for a faction like this to occupy a non-native slot in any of the systems I have an interest in having seem first hand how they operate.

The rules for expansions appear to have changed, and you are able to see that Arque was not their intended target, but it is to your advantage to have them on your side.
Possibly you are right, but when I see comments like “ LMAO, Palin, youre ours now!” you can understand why We might have reservations.

o7 commander

As you said this expansion was aimed at Lave, no secret about that at weeks. We missed it only by a hair's breadth and only because of unlucky order of system evaluation on tick. Since it was not the plan to land in Arque, their are obviously also not intends so far. I am no diplomat, but only a BGS-planner and enhusiast of this game, so not of much help. But I am quite sure that you will get someone to talk about the cause as soon as awake and done RL-duty. So please be patient for a bit longer.
No problem. The offer is open we await a response.

Thank you for the hints CMDR Riverside, we will take them into consideration.

See, it's all good to the point where a planned expansion hits the wrong system, we've all had that. No problem so far. It begins with the rather blunt replies we received from putative representatives of the Dark Wheel. We are always open for discussion and a friendly solution, however so far no good foundation has been created for such.
We don't appreciate being messed with.

Possibly you are right, but when I see comments like “ LMAO, Palin, youre ours now!” you can understand why We might have reservations.

Yeah that was me with no knowledge or thought that a pmf was there or would be affected. So used to it all being done in advance diplomatically even where we take control, expand and give up control back to the pmf and we move on it never even occurred to me. Was laughing at the fact that from our POV we 'missed' completely, and just RP humour at where we landed. Can perfectly understand your POV but not intended that way or to step on your toes in Arque. From a lore POV it was funny was all.

As a representative of the Dark Wheel I believe a public clarification is in order.

There are current standing orders to support the Dark Wheel minor faction in Arque. This is an unnecessarily aggressive action toward Alliance Rapid-reaction Corps, a supporter of the Turn the Wheel campaign. An order has gone out to all members of the Dark Wheel squadron to desist all actions in Arque in support of the Dark Wheel minor faction as this risks an all out war with the powers of the Old World.

A war is how long? 4 days minimum? I'd propose a cease-fire for all CMDRs on both sides until the respective leaderships have agreed upon a course of action.

As a representative of the Dark Wheel I believe a public clarification is in order.

There are current standing orders to support the Dark Wheel minor faction in Arque. This is an unnecessarily aggressive action toward Alliance Rapid-reaction Corps, a supporter of the Turn the Wheel campaign. An order has gone out to all members of the Dark Wheel squadron to desist all actions in Arque in support of the Dark Wheel minor faction as this risks an all out war with the powers of the Old World.

Thanks Scolio. That's all I needed to hear.

Yeah that was me with no knowledge or thought that a pmf was there or would be affected. So used to it all being done in advance diplomatically even where we take control, expand and give up control back to the pmf and we move on it never even occurred to me. Was laughing at the fact that from our POV we 'missed' completely, and just RP humour at where we landed. Can perfectly understand your POV but not intended that way or to step on your toes in Arque. From a lore POV it was funny was all.

Honestly I saw that as a joke, as it was intended - which was fine.

However the post straight up stating TDW would contest the war from Crypto there... That I had to take issue with.

Anyway, if it's settled we're all cool.

That's a shame that we didn't get to Lave.
Unfortunately landing in Arque is like trying to hit a golf ball on to a green but missing and breaking your mate next doors (in this case ARRC's) window.
I'm sure after an apology we'll all enjoy sinking a few brew together on Austen Town Station.

No Apology necessary. Misjumps with BGS happen, as long as TDW don't intend to press the issue, it'll take us all minimum effort to restore the status quo.

As a CMDR who's been participating in this player initiative since its early days, I would be happy to help in restoration of a state that we disturbed. I've been impressed by the way this has been handled. We're not here to damage (especially) player factions' arrangements and states they have worked for.

When I was looking over our systems today using the info shown on Inara (before checking in here), I was dismayed that we landed in Arque. Lave is about as tough a nut to influence as it gets - with a population of 25 billion. I'm sure all of you know this all-too-well. We have been working hard.

It's as disappointing to me as anyone else, but not a reason for us to abandon our principles, rather I expect that we'll stick to them, regroup, repair (if needed), and continue. I'm pretty confident that's what you'll hear. I'm not suggesting that you read this thread (it's at 95 pages now*), but it contains more than sufficient proof of our MO throughout.
Indeed, on these pages you'll also find significant work to support player factions.

Looking forward to good relations, CMDRs...

* when I logged in to the forums, I immediately saw the difference (number of pages) here from just yesterday and felt uneasy by that change alone. It's unusual and, coupled with our mis-landing, made me say: uh-oh."

I think I've now read most of the discussions relating to TDW's arrival in Arque.

Kai Zen's most recent post in discord is the following:

BE ADVISED: I HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH ARCC and explained to them our side while listening to theirs. The end result is this: they shared with me their reasonable concerns and I completely understand them. I have assured them that if they allow us a spot in their system we WILL MAKE NO ATTEMPT TO TAKE SYSTEM CONTROL. We will simply get well above the natives but actively maintain separation with them. We would also agree to provide them auxiliary defense in Arque System should they get invaded by forces seeking to challenge them for control of system. IF HOWEVER THEY DECIDE ON THEIR OWN FOR ANY REASON THAT THEY DO NOT WISH US TO BE IN THEIR SYSTEM WE WILL RETREAT WITH NO QUESTIONS ASKED OR REPRISALS. I WELCOME THIS OPPORTUNITY TO DEMONSTRATE TO ALL THAT WE WILL NOT BULLY ANY PMF FOR ANY REASON. Might does not make right and I would prefer to backtrack rather than cause harm to a group of players by taking what they own. They will let me know their decision and we will honor it. mean time if they need time to think it over we will look at how day 1 of the war go's. if we lose we will work to win the next day to keep it even. If we win WE WILL WORK TO LOSE DAY 2 to also keep it even so that they can deliberate however they need to with no pressure on them either way.

We have NO INTENTION of destabilizing the system further. The Turning the Wheel project has no need to ever take control of the system. Our presence in Arque would for the most part increase security and stability. Our presence in this area of space will be limited. We will make another attempt on Lave soon but will take most of our expansion efforts well away in the direction of Sol or LFT 509.

I have briefly discussed an idea some months back with @ScolioTheMost to make use of the resources of this Turning the Wheel project to assist getting Tionisla Historical Society into Tionisla system. This is something ARRc have been helping with for some time. We actually share mutual goals in a number of ways. I would really like to add this to our schedule at some point after we get into Lave.

Note that there are many people who lay some claim to "The Dark Wheel". This project is run by Kai Zen with myself and Micha Maverick posting the daily orders. Between us, we cover most of the globe's timezones.

Sorry it took so long for me to respond here. I'm actually mid record on my Friday night Elite Week news/party show at the moment but a video is playing so took a second to pop in. Have been in Direct contact now with ARCC (all this went down when I was in the middle of a 14 hour workday) but I want to reiterate what I said to them directly on their ARCC discord and my discord and on my show like an hour ago. WE WILL ABIDE BY WHATEVER DECISION ARCC MAKES ON THIS ISSUE. THIS SYSTEM BELONGS TO THEM and while other PMF's may attack them we have a prime directive not to take a system from existing PMF's that own them. if they allow us to stay we will be good neighbors if they ask us to leave we will do so, no questions asked. We will be in talks more tomorrow, having spoken today, the prudent thing was to give them to think it over and talk amongst themselves before telling us their decision. WE WILL ABIDE BY THAT DECISION REGARDLESS. Thanks all for your consideration on this matter.

Taken from the Standing orders on the Elite Week Discord https://discord.gg/Wtgnsbq

Orders 17 - 18 Oct 3306

Please take no further actions in Arque until told otherwise.

We are leading in the elections in LHS 397 by 3-0. One more day of doing relevant peaceful TDW missions for a clean sweap and taking over control in LHS 397.
Lacaille 8760 Allied Corp in LHS 397 is a bit low, do some missions for them too.
In Anyanwu Alliance of LTT 5419 leads 1-0 in a war against a native faction, please help them a bit to win this war.
Collective of Independent Agents in LFT 926 are still close to a conflict, please to some mission for them.

Please do not do any of the following as they help the enemy:
Do NOT work for other factions in our systems, unless requested in the orders.
Do NOT hand in bounties for any faction other than The Dark Wheel in our systems.
Do NOT hand in trade goods or cartography data to stations that we do not own.

Tasks for today:

Bounty Hunting & Combat:
  • Bounty Hunting in any of our controlled systems. (Anyanwu has a CNB). Hand in to LTT 5455 or LHS 397. (Note: Do not hunt in LHS 397 itself - we do not control the system!)
  • CZ in Anyanwu, fight for Alliance of LTT 5419

Commodity Trading:
  • Profitable trades into Tull Enterprise in LTT 5455.
  • Profitable trades into Rushworth Port in Turdetani.

Missions & Passengers:
  • Missions for The Dark Wheel in LTT 5455.
  • Peaceful missions for The Dark Wheel in LHS 397.
  • Missions for Collective of Independent Agents in LFT 926.
  • Mission for Lacaille 8760 Allied Corp in LHS 397.

Exploration Data:
  • Hand in to Tull Enterprise in LTT 5455
  • Hand in to Rushworth Port in Turdetani.

Please continue to use EDMC or similar tools to keep local data up to date.
Orders today a dual effort between Crypto and Micha

Keep Turning The Wheel, Hamsters!

Top Bottom