Pulse Wave Scanner Works...Backwards

Yesterday went Multicrew mining with a friend. Was a first.
He sent me screenshots and showed me that he saw A LOT more 'roids being lit up.
He was constantly pointing me into directions where non lit up from my view and his screenshot showed several.

Anyway it was fun actually playing captain and ordering him to shoot this and scan that ...

Yesterday went Multicrew mining with a friend. Was a first.
He sent me screenshots and showed me that he saw A LOT more 'roids being lit up.
He was constantly pointing me into directions where non lit up from my view and his screenshot showed several.

Anyway it was fun actually playing captain and ordering him to shoot this and scan that ...
That's actually good info. So it's not "broken" for everyone. Thanks!

It's still listed as an acknowledged issue on the Frontier Developments Issue Tracker. Guess the PWA is still "glitchy," but obviously only for the many people who reported and continue to report the "glitchy-ness" of the PWA.

I will say one thing about the PWA, at least somewhat indirectly related to it's functionality. It doesn't work any better in a "Major" reserve location, that's for sure! I found a double overlap VO HotSpot located in a major reserve ring and couldn't find a VO Core in it to save my life! I did find 1, ONE!!, and spent the better part of an hour or more. I have been Core mining the same "Low Reserve" spot for months, and always fill the racks. I thought this spot would be better, MUCH better, since it was tagged Major Reserve and had a double VO overlap, but horrible! Maybe I just got a bad RNG of the field and was going to stick it out for another day but then got attacked by pirates to add insult to injury! I wonder, if the PWA was working as it should be, or as people say it should be (I don't really notice an issue, I did but went back to "normal" for me) if that double overlap would have had better results. Hmm. Oh well, back to the tried, tested and true location of Low Reserve that seems good enough to fill my credit account balance, with a broken or glitchy PWA, that seems to find them where I've been, and will be staying!

Tested it today...
Still doesn't work after the last update...
I wonder if someone at Frontier ever reads the forums... and if it does couldn't care less
Way to go... backwards

Tested it today...
Still doesn't work after the last update...
I wonder if someone at Frontier ever reads the forums... and if it does couldn't care less
Way to go... backwards
What doesn't work for you? What experience are you having that leads you to believe that it doesn't work? I just used it yesterday to scan a ring and found many VO and LTD Cores. Is it that you think it's glitchy or outright broken, for you? Just curious. Seems OK to me, I have seen where it will light a droid and then not the second pulse, but overall it finds Cores just fine, for me at least. I make 99% of my credits VO Core mining and I'd be the first one yelling if it were broken. I did notice that it was "broken" when they fixed the backup trick but then it went back to working as normal, again, for me. I'd like to hear what happens when you use it. Not doubting you, just want to know what you're seeing, or not seeing.

What doesn't work for you? What experience are you having that leads you to believe that it doesn't work? I just used it yesterday to scan a ring and found many VO and LTD Cores. Is it that you think it's glitchy or outright broken, for you? Just curious. Seems OK to me, I have seen where it will light a droid and then not the second pulse, but overall it finds Cores just fine, for me at least. I make 99% of my credits VO Core mining and I'd be the first one yelling if it were broken. I did notice that it was "broken" when they fixed the backup trick but then it went back to working as normal, again, for me. I'd like to hear what happens when you use it. Not doubting you, just want to know what you're seeing, or not seeing.
Wait, are you saying it is working again? Huh, I'll have to try this after all the weekend hubbub ends.

Wait, are you saying it is working again? Huh, I'll have to try this after all the weekend hubbub ends.
It's still the top voted problem on the issue tracker in both 'confirmed' and 'acknowledged'.

That people are persevering and still making credits is totally another matter. The game isn't behaving normally when scanning roids...

It would be like if the kill warrant scanner only worked 50% of the time, you'd get players reporting the problem and a few saying they're still making good credits.........that doesn't mean there's not a bug.

I don't know, I mean it works for me. After that patch that, apparently, broke it the only thing I have really noticed is hits that don't hit again, but then people stared taking about having to fly backwards and upside down and do all kind of stuff to make it "work" but I've never had to do this. Glitches I have seen, downright and outfight broke, umm, no. However, I wonder if it IS truly broken for some and not all.

I don't know, I mean it works for me. After that patch that, apparently, broke it the only thing I have really noticed is hits that don't hit again, but then people stared taking about having to fly backwards and upside down and do all kind of stuff to make it "work" but I've never had to do this. Glitches I have seen, downright and outfight broke, umm, no. However, I wonder if it IS truly broken for some and not all.
The confusion is caused by people mistaking the PWA as being broken....
It's not broken, it works.

The assets that make core mining possible (glowing rocks) just aren't being loaded into the game quickly enough...

"The PWA works backwards..." 😖
"Must fly in reverse..." 😭

🙄

....or just sit still, or fly slowly, they'll load in eventually. It's actually exactly the same as when you land on a planet and the surface deposits aren't available straight away, drive (or wait) a moment and they start showing up on the scanner.

The connection speed of each player is possibly also a factor.

I had really hoped to see them fix the PWA issue with this update. Of course, now I'm left wondering what they DID fix and potentially how many other things they might have "dislocated" in whatever their efforts were about. Well, damn it. Anyway, to echo the above sentiments - the PWA does work. Mostly. But that was never the issue. The issue is simple: many, many people have reported the PWA doesn't work AS IT DID before the September 8th (I think) update.

It's unnervingly simple, really. I - along with many other players who've reported the same thing, can fly past asteroids which do not give a positive return on the PWA, but if you flip your ship over (backwards, prowling catawampus-like, whatever you wish to call it) and key the PWA, you'll likely see asteroids light up glowingly. Yes, those ones - the ones you already "crossed off the list" of asteroid lode candidates. It didn't happen before, and now it does. Pretty simple Frontier Developments. Fix it.

So, if you're using the PWA for mining, and still finding mega-lodes, mother-lodes, have billions of credits and fainting, fawning, genuflecting admirers galaxy-wide, whatever - then God love you, but the rest of us still just want to see the full functionality of the PWA restored.

Until they fix the reported issue - the one still right up there near the top of the Frontier Developments Issue Tracker list, I'll just go right along using the PWA in it's less-than-fully-functional state.

Yup.

Right. Say, who wants a tasty Thargoid sandwhich?!

INARA Signature 2020.jpg

I have idea that ...size of spot matters. I.e. it works like concentration. 1 drop of acid in the sea is nothing but can kill you in the glass.
This affects both: how much you get final ore per hour and how bad pwa is broken.
I did tries with big circle like 20000km to spot center is something like not even border and with another small circle where 2000 to target was a thing.
1st was zero VO in hour. 2nd was 5 VOs + lost count of anything else.
So idea is, try SMALL spots.

Glad they fixed it for someone...
Not for me...
Like the other day, I'm in VO Hot Spot of a major ICY ring... right beside the center (in the solo mode)
I fire my PWS and not ONE asteroid turned yellow...
Not even going outside and looking around...
Maybe if I crash some asteroid with deposits, it may flash... but the 24 km of a A grade PWS doesn't show a thing... from far... as it always did.
Will spend some time on it... wish me luck... LOL

pws.jpg

Indeed not fixed yet, or nerfed on purpose, don't know.
Although I filled up my Python(192t), I've found way more Alexandrite cores in the VO "hot spot"...(99 VO 44 LTD 49Alexandrite)
I've neglected so many Alexandrite cores that the VO "hot spot" should be renamed VOO Void Of Opals hot spot... LOL
Found Grandidierite(1) and Bromelite(1) cores as well
Still fun to core mining anyway.
I suggest choosing a direction and proceed in zig-zag making sure to pass close to your previous path... I found many cores trailing near my previous path. (They did not show up in the first pass) Kinda boring but effective.
Luck to all.
Mine safely.

No they haven't fixed it. We've had an update and no fix and no word. Basically a big middle finger to anyone who makes their money mining in this game.
A game run by people who are either too busy or too disinterested, to even bother to communicate with the players.

I've put up with stupid menus pretending to be doing something for long seconds, over and over and over as I grind for rank and the Devs fool themselves that extended time is extended gameplay.
Their "I can't be bothered, I don't play it" attitude permeates the game for me now.
I'm spending my money elsewhere in future. Frontier have bought themselves some very bad advertising from me.

The REAL issue is Fdev Community Managers not responding here to customer feedback about the Pulse Wave Scanner. Why is that not happening after so much discussion? That is their job, right?

This is normal behaviour now. You probably need to dive deeper into the belt and boost and puls a lot before something yellow pops up. That is not broken, it's changed behaviour and has most likely nothing to do with the PWA at all, but with a changed (core containing) asteroid distribution.
God you talk some garbage. Have you spent more than a few minutes mining?

These people who make excuses for Frontier are the absolute worst.....I would wager a large sum of money that this is NOT the intended behavior of the PWA. In early September it was working just fine, and now it's not. No, it's not a changed distribution, no it's not intended, no it's none of those things. You fly in one direction and don't see the cores......you turn around and there they are. Pretty simple test for you mentally challenged apologists.

Top Bottom