Pulse Wave Scanner Works...Backwards

Welcome to ED. As much as I love this game, much to the frustration of my family, I'm sure, one thing the devs are not known for is any sort of community management, which is funny, considering the number of community managers they have. Communication is purely on a "we'll tell you once it's been done and you all know it anyway" basis.

I'm not saying they don't pay attention or don't listen, I'm not a mind reader, but they are absolutely atrocious when it comes to communicating with their community.

Why that is, I don't know. It's not like I expect a daily update on exactly what they're doing (it would be great though, but not really reasonable to demand), but the occasional "heard, we're aware of it, and we're working on a fix, we'll let you know if we can find one" would be nice. Instead of weeks of silence followed by a notice. Maybe.

I suspect they have very restrictive orders when it comes to details of their work.
I also hate this situation because it is one of the reasons why we are always getting into a fight here, when a few clear words and hard facts rather than wild speculations would quickly put an end to the arguments.

This is certainly not the way how to bring the community together.

The 'seeding' seems to be different now, as it looks to me. Glowing asteroids (generally speaking, not only related to cores) now seem to appear in relative narrow clusters, with large gaps of nothing in between. And this also applies to tritium hotspots. But, at least for my CMK4 (if this really matters) they appear before me - and not after a 180° flip. Looks much more believable to me now.

Just a brief comment: that is all I can say. If it still looks different to others, I will not say you are lying. But in the end I have to trust myself and what I see with my own eyes more than what others tell me. Anything else would drive me straight into madness.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it nothing has changed. The PWS is still broken. Sounds like you found a good spot though. Three hours last night and the PWS scanner behaved the same - no glowing return in front, flip around and fire it off in the direction you came from and shows returns. I went forward, went back lots of times. Did OK on a core mining run, but it's still annoying.

#fixthedamnPWSpleaseFD
Working for me. And seems a bit better at that. Maybe it's the mining spot? PM me, maybe you can test it at my spot.

Don't know 'bout you guys, but where I am at, literally tripping over VO Cores! They have been one right after another, and PWS scanner working like a charm! Just saying, seems to be fine and working for me. Not sure if they "fixed" the PWS, if it was broken OR they just increased the number of Cores but it's rocking right now! :D

Don't know 'bout you guys, but where I am at, literally tripping over VO Cores! They have been one right after another, and PWS scanner working like a charm! Just saying, seems to be fine and working for me. Not sure if they "fixed" the PWS, if it was broken OR they just increased the number of Cores but it's rocking right now! :D
Well, color me hopeful! I'll take The Blind Squirrel out for a mining spin, and see if I can verify.

No, they haven't fixed it. I found one core then got so psst off trying to find another - with all the peekaboo bullocks of them switching on and off and being very few and far between - I went to silent running and boosted into an asteroid to get the hell out of there and save the hassle of ditching the limpets and opals.

But there is word they might be able to fix it by renaming the pulse wave ANALizer the pulse wave scanner.

Last edited:
One would think that you'd at least unit test the PWA if it was altered before committing the changes.
Yes, one might think thusly. However, I suspect they were fixing one thing, and broke another in the process.

Mining early this morning, and still frustrating to ping away ahead with no responses, then flip over and see glowing asteroids that you just flew past.

Tennozan, flying the good ship The Blind Squirrel out of LHS 460

Ah yes. Well, then Frontier ought to fix the Pulse Wave Thingy (PWT), and chop, chop!

Too late. :(
The devs will never notice this problem as the confirmation was made by the cleaning assistant who happened to be helping out with cleaning the issue tracker. I would suggest submitting a new one, maybe this time with the correct term? 😜

Too late. :(
The devs will never notice this problem as the confirmation was made by the cleaning assistant who happened to be helping out with cleaning the issue tracker. I would suggest submitting a new one, maybe this time with the correct term? 😜
Are you quite serious? A cleaning assistant cleaning the issue tracker. Now what? And as for the correct term - is it Pulse Wave Analyzer? I'm afraid I'm not much of an "expert" at any of this. I just enjoy playing the game, scooting around the galaxy when I have time.

Ah yes. Well, then Frontier ought to fix the Pulse Wave Thingy (PWT), and chop, chop!
agreed the word pulse (as in pulsating) and wave (implying liquidity) followed by analizing
should never be used in a single sentence ever again :ROFLMAO:
except in a 50 shades of bare book maybe
the one direction bug like the band is just plain annoying but it is easily switched over ;)

Last edited:
If it’s anything like ‘falling skimmers’ or ‘ramming security’ I would strap on your seatbelt...

Things like this don’t tend to be something that go away overnight. FD just don’t fix issues quickly...

I didn’t dock at a surface port for months when the skimmers were insta-killing ships (my cmdr’s have one ‘life’, if I die I re-start).
I did lose a CMDR due to being rammed by a ‘Conda in a RES though....I was absolutely livid. Didn’t play for a while after that...

Are you quite serious? A cleaning assistant cleaning the issue tracker. Now what? And as for the correct term - is it Pulse Wave Analyzer? I'm afraid I'm not much of an "expert" at any of this. I just enjoy playing the game, scooting around the galaxy when I have time.

You don't need to be an expert to just read the term how its displayed on your modules tab. And - at least I hope so - consistently everywhere else in the game client, tutorials etc. (though I wouldn't stake my life on it, as I'm not such a strong believer in ED's overall consistency). Just do not always believe what others say and you are golden. Always look, think and judge for yourself.
And no, I was just kidding with the cleaning assistant. Of course, gosh! 🤪 :eek:🤬o_O:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Okay … and what does that have to do with the PWA being broken?
I'm sorry, did I say Star Citizen is on sale? I don't know what I was thinking. I've never even played it.

Oh that's right, the PWA was screwed up by the last update and it's been weeks and weeks with lots of players affected and not a word from Fdev.
It got me to thinking that perhaps Frontier are spreading themselves too thin.
Sure they need to develop new stuff but poking a stick into the spokes of the bike we are all still riding and not having the time to notice, is poor form.

Top Bottom