Pulse Wave Scanner Works...Backwards

These people who make excuses for Frontier are the absolute worst.....I would wager a large sum of money that this is NOT the intended behavior of the PWA. In early September it was working just fine, and now it's not. No, it's not a changed distribution, no it's not intended, no it's none of those things. You fly in one direction and don't see the cores......you turn around and there they are. Pretty simple test for you mentally challenged apologists.
Can you post a video capture of that, please?

You want to see a screenshot of my 800 tons of VOs stored in my carrier?
Joined the forum on Sep 2020 and now thinks he know something. Amazing. :ROFLMAO:
This isn't about how long we have been on the forum.

Fact is, the PWA function has been crippled and those who did it, seem either unaware or complicit.

Neither of those is good.

https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/19374 There ya go.....lots and lots and lots and lots of people reporting the same thing. Even a nice little video for you, since you STILL don't believe anybody. You have to be pretty deficient of brain cells to think all of us are just making this up.
Wow, you're an awfully angry guy. Maybe you should play another game, I think it would help with your anger issues. Just sayin'. You certainly should stay away from VO Core mining, that's for sure! I am cracking Cores right now, as I type this. Thanks FDEV, for making ME the ONLY one that has a working PWA, I guess! Yay me, sorry for you :LOL:

Telling you that you don't believe all the tickets, posts on this thread, votes on the incident and a posted video as you asked for is being angry? Hmmm, I'd only call it denial by you. All you've shown on this thread is what a tremendously uncaring d-bag you really are, nothing more.

Wow, you're an awfully angry guy. Maybe you should play another game, I think it would help with your anger issues. Just sayin'. You certainly should stay away from VO Core mining, that's for sure! I am cracking Cores right now, as I type this. Thanks FDEV, for making ME the ONLY one that has a working PWA, I guess! Yay me, sorry for you :LOL:
"You're awfully angry" "you should play another game" "I think -- your anger issues" "You certainly should -" "Yay me, sorry for you"

Nothing about the game or the issue, boot boot boot into the person. If only I could remember what that meant.

Telling you that you don't believe all the tickets, posts on this thread, votes on the incident and a posted video as you asked for is being angry? Hmmm, I'd only call it denial by you. All you've shown on this thread is what a tremendously uncaring d-bag you really are, nothing more.
Haha! Well, I am a "d-bag" with Void Opals! Good luck to you. Hope you find some happiness, somehow, somewhere, in some game. Now, I am going to block you before I get myself in trouble with the forum and you sir, are not worth it.

Last edited:
"You're awfully angry" "you should play another game" "I think -- your anger issues" "You certainly should -" "Yay me, sorry for you"

Nothing about the game or the issue, boot boot boot into the person. If only I could remember what that meant.
I tried that route, but dude thought I was bragging or something about my PWA working, when all I was doing was trying to find out some more info. I have noticed glitches with the PWA, for sure, but I have noticed that FDEV has done WAY more to Core mining that "breaking" the PWA, like thinning the VO fields. THAT is my main concern, it's what I have seen the most. Yeah, my PWA is not 100%, it still works, but the thinning they have done, is worse. And, as someone said above, I think it's more a matter of assets loading than the actual PWA. I find, if I slow down, maybe hang in one location and pulse, I get much better hits, than just flying through the field firing away. Dude didn't want to hear it though, even though it might have helped him, and his anger issues. Ha! ;)

It might be not everyone's thing, but I like this feel of true rarity. Finding something really rare is more rewarding to me than the credits. I'm currently Painite core mining which is even more tricky than VO mining - and possibly the most underpaid mining method in the game. But I love exactly that. Fortunately (or unfortunately, a matter of point of view), I don't need any more money.
I get ya. VO should be a little bit harder to find, maybe not because of a broken scanner but just in general, since it's a high paying and rare thing. I am going to move into the Painite myself here soon. Any advice would be appreciated. I read someone said that Painite can be found as a "Core"? I did not know that and have yet to run by a Core Painite droid. LOTS of Alex, Brom, Grom and LTD, but never Painite. I thought Painite was a pure laser mining thing?

I get ya. VO should be a little bit harder to find, maybe not because of a broken scanner but just in general, since it's a high paying and rare thing. I am going to move into the Painite myself here soon. Any advice would be appreciated. I read someone said that Painite can be found as a "Core"? I did not know that and have yet to run by a Core Painite droid. LOTS of Alex, Brom, Grom and LTD, but never Painite. I thought Painite was a pure laser mining thing?
No, they're not a pure laser thing. You can find Painite Cores in Painite Hotspots in Metal Rich rings. I think you can also find them in Metallic rings although they might not be as plentiful there.

No, they're not a pure laser thing. You can find Painite Cores in Painite Hotspots in Metal Rich rings. I think you can also find them in Metallic rings although they might not be as plentiful there.
OH! That would explain it, since I've only ever mined in Icy Rings. Thanks! ;)

I tried that route, but dude thought I was bragging or something about my PWA working, when all I was doing was trying to find out some more info. I have noticed glitches with the PWA, for sure, but I have noticed that FDEV has done WAY more to Core mining that "breaking" the PWA, like thinning the VO fields. THAT is my main concern, it's what I have seen the most. Yeah, my PWA is not 100%, it still works, but the thinning they have done, is worse. And, as someone said above, I think it's more a matter of assets loading than the actual PWA. I find, if I slow down, maybe hang in one location and pulse, I get much better hits, than just flying through the field firing away. Dude didn't want to hear it though, even though it might have helped him, and his anger issues. Ha! ;)
What is your platform? I am windows pc. Maybe it doesn't affect us all the same.

Haven't really been following this but I was just curious - is this PWS going backwards thing absolutely/definitely broken like that for everyone all the time or is it only a handful of people who are seeing the fault?

P.S. FD burn + quality response from Arthur Tolmie. 😂

Source: https://twitter.com/alecturner/status/1323223161803022336

Well played sir.
It's borked for me, that's for sure. I can still use it by zig zagging and backtracking constantly, but it's much slower to find stuff and rather frustrating and tedious.

Haven't really been following this but I was just curious - is this PWS going backwards thing absolutely/definitely broken like that for everyone all the time or is it only a handful of people who are seeing the fault?

I get this effect. It isn't the PWA working backwards, it seems to be that core-asteroids are spawning after you pass by - so if you turn round after a while you see these lovely glowing pop-corn shapes that were not there before. As the red house says VOs seem to be more sparse too but this effect is seen with them and with other cores.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator

P.S. FD burn + quality response from Arthur Tolmie. 😂

Source: https://twitter.com/alecturner/status/1323223161803022336

Well played sir.

It's surely broken for A LOT of people, see here: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/19374 (I think there are couple of duplicates too). I am experiencing the issue as well.

If it's the case that they're spawning after you pass by, can you simply fly for a while and then turn around and mine? Or do you need to be pinging the whole time?

Right. It's not that the less-than-fully-functional-as-it-was-prior-to-the-September-update PWA works backwards, rather it works better (in its broken / glitchy state) when you turn around and scan the asteroids you already flew past and disregarded because they gave no glowing response to the PWA. Yes, a LOT of people have noticed this, reported this. And not to belabor the fact, but it is an acknowledged issue at Frontier Developments (Issue Tracker).

I invested a couple hours mining on ED this morning (intent was deep-core) and I did pretty OK. It's obvious to me, there are now less bountiful asteroids out there now, but that's OK by me. More of a challenge. I just want the PWA to give me a good return (as it once did) on what is actually there. My new prospecting tactic is to slow way down, fly past a dozen no-glow asteroids then and move in a 360 degree turn firing away on the PWA. Behind, backwards, all of it. Hell, it's not ideal, but it does work fairly well.

Anyway, reading some of the responses here, I'm curious. If it is - as some of you have alluded to - you have billions of credits, custom fleet carriers loaded to the brim with VOs and the best of (the best, of the best, of the best, sir!) fleet of tricked out ships. then why is the issue of a malfunctioning PWA in ED even important to you? I don't get it. Look, it's obvious with all the stuff you have in the game, you rank as a Space God, but the rest of us peons just want a restoration of the PWA to full functionality in the game.

Anyway, I'll let you get back to your virtual riches. And don't forget to pause your game, go upstairs and eat the dinner your Mom made for you. Go take a shower. And clean up your room. Come on - it's bloody awful, lads.

INARA Signature 2020.jpg

Top Bottom