COMPLETED CG Protect the Alliance's expansion into the Coalsack Nebula from Thargoid attack (AX Combat)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Well, if you want the double-engineered FSD reward, it looks like you'll need to be able to get roughly 25 million Cr of Thargoid combat bonds per day.
This is the effect of fewer people participating. The requirements for top 25% will change if more people participate but that is highly unlikely. In the previous AX combat CG we had roughly 5k participants and 25 mil would be enough for top 10% and 2-4mil was enough for the special reward as the target was 75%.

tl:dr
The current CG rewards are rather discouraging to participate. I would rather prefer not broken rewards given to all participants.

25% is currently gestimated at ~12 Million drop out.. with 664 ;) users but not all 664 will be active some will be dead weight...
those in the over 75% have only killed a few scouts to get there... or one real interceptor..

What annoys me is the amount of empty NHSS, I spend a lot more time finding something to kill than killing the inti
Just so many bugs, it grinds your soul
Yup. I spent hours searching from 30-40 systems surrounding the CG hub system, found nary a sign of Thargoids save a barnacles site, which I harvested. Ironically a 'goid showed up at the first site I visited to do whatever they do at barnacle gardens, but after getting back into SC there was nary a trace to be found. At least it wasn't a total loss.

I'm not so sure it's bugs as much as just poor execution of the CG concept. It's also the kind of CG that heavily favors squadrons over individuals, but that's OK with me, my fleet's fully engineered already.

UPDATE! -- Upon launching today to continue the system mapping, the Thargoid presence has become massive, all threat levels. Come and get 'em! My carrier is in system for repair/restock (tariff removed for the CG), though currently quite a distance from the system primary. After I finish my mapping I will move to the primary. Correction: Staying at current location. All NHSS (32 current count) tightly clustered around the barnacle site planet, M.D.R. HM-V C2-3 B 2. I's almost 300kls from the primary, though, so it's a long walk in the park to get there.

LATER: A very large number of new NHSS in this system, these now much closer to the primary. The place is swarming!

CAUTION: Sidewinders lurking!

Musca Dark Region HM-V C2-3

Last edited:
Well, I'm pulling up now, well in 25% territory, probably close to 10%, though that'll die while I sleep.

I lack any finesse :p

EDIT: Actually, just pipped up to 10%, somewhere between 27m and 30.6m (curse my crew)

Jmanis is that using premium ammo?

I’ve only ever used gauss, but I think you’ve convinced me to switch! (y)

Well, I'm pulling up now, well in 25% territory, probably close to 10%, though that'll die while I sleep.

I lack any finesse :p

EDIT: Actually, just pipped up to 10%, somewhere between 27m and 30.6m (curse my crew)
Haha I like that. Never got the instagib method working but this brute force approach is cool.

Haha I like that. Never got the instagib method working but this brute force approach is cool.
With 4 x C3 plus premium ammo and luck, I've been able to get a kill after downing one heart, before shields come up... but usually it's two hearts then the kill.

I'm a potato with gauss tho :)

Feels like the right place to pull up for the night. Refactoring a 22GW fuel plant in Satisfactory calls...

1605352015470.png

Customer feedback here:

My background:
I am currently not playing on a daily basis, more like once in a week, but more often if something catches my eye.
The double-engineered FSD is a good incentive and I decided to dust of my gear and give it a shot.

I am not very good at Thargoid-combat, so I am currently sticking to Scouts.
This means I am currently in the 75%-tier with virtually no chance of getting into the 25%, as I do not have enough time to learn the ropes of Anti-Intercepter combat while at the same time compete with the more experienced pilots.

I did not even try to trade as I have no Fleet Carrier and getting cargo to that area seems to me to not be a reasonably option.

My experience with this CG:
So the only incentive that got me back into Elite this week is just a carrot on a stick for me, and I will not continue chasing it.
I might log in my other account and join the CG there too, just to make the 100% of pilots join in this CG bigger - maybe another commander will slip one rank up into the 25% this way.
I on the other hand will surely not continue playing since I have no chance to get to the 25% in a reasonably way.

My conclusion:
Elite is supposed to be a relaxing experience and to me surely is an escape from the daily grind of work - that being said I do not mind grind in this game, provided I have a chance to "get there" in the end.

But this "only the top 1/4 of players will get a reward" is actually counter-productive as a motivation for me to play the game.
Change it to "everyone in the 100% gets it", and maybe a second FSD for the ones in the 25% mark if you REALLY must have your customers compete with one another.

My consequences:
I'm of to Deep Rock Galactic, where you play WITH other players, not against them.

Far more motivating.
Far more rewarding
Far more incentive to play.

o7, and Rock and Stone, Brothers! ;)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom