P.S. I think that Raxxla as a rogue planet is a good hypothesis, we have already discussed the possibility many times. It immediately makes it hard to find while staying within the lore and game mechanics. And it might explain how a pilot might visit the system but not recognise Raxxla, though this is a bit suspect-a rogue planet should not have a star, so any pilot who found such a system should have recognised it immediately. The question is: to recognise it as a rogue do we have to manually compare all the systems we see on the nav panel against all nearby systems in galmap? That sounds extremely tedious, error-prone and unenjoyable. I do think it is a good reason why the Tau Ceti fact was given in the Codex; that is the obvious start point for a search. Starship One crash seems to have been sabotage according to galnet so I think that’s a red herring, but what is the location of that incident compared to Tau Ceti, are they reasonably close? Halsey’s last voyage was mentioned in some detail so that could be a clue to something, though not necessarily Raxxla.
There may be rogue planets in systems with stars. Rouge just means the planet isn't gravitationally bound to the other bodies, in the system. It will at some point, leave the system. It just depends on how FD have implemented it.
It could even be that they have the option for both 'visitors' and autonomous rogues.

Rogues - Whats them ones with the X - next to them, in binary orbit or whatever they are? What do we call them coz I keep thinking of them as Rogues? iirc proper Rogue Planets werent implemented, was dropped early on...maybe replaced by these X - ones, dunno.

Halsey - 2 parts to the story. First part human sabotage assassination attempt. Second part mysterious something maybe unexpected maybe alien maybe Guardian and this part is being re-opened so you may get your answers :)

We also have an unconfirmed rumour that MB said ages ago that the system in which Raxxla is located was already visited but the pilot did not recognise/detect Raxxla. I think there is sufficient circumstantial support for this rumour that it is reasonably safe to operate on the assumption that it is true (while still retaining some doubt).

There was a clever question on the AMA that basically said, 'Is it true that...' and one of those was that rumour amongst others. I was gonna ask a similar one coz thought this may be the way forward, 'Can you confirm that its official that....?' Answer 'Spoilers', they refused to confirm it was true and had been said by Frontier. So we may not even get that in this format.

BTW its moved from MB to 'an unnamed member of fdev', turned out MB wasnt actually there at the 'Private AMA' (which nobody else remembers even happening) after it was changed from the Public AMA after other people said it hadnt happened at all in that Public AMA, so that had to be recanted very quickly that it was MB and changed to 'unnamed', there is no evidence at all from anybody who was there at the time that anything was mentioned at the time. Nobody mentioned it until 3 years later and then repeatedly changed their story or said so and so will back me up and they didnt. There is no mention of it in any of the recorded accounts of the event at that time, and they did record their accounts of the event at the the time. More than one. Frontier have repeatedly refused to confirm it ever happened. There is no evidence at all it ever happened and quite a bit of circumstantial evidence that it didnt, mainly the complete failure to mention it in the days and weeks after in the write ups and streams about it by the person claiming it now and Frontier's complete failure to give it any credence whatsoever despite repeated askings. And in the whole context of the history of the secret of Raxxla it would be the single-most stupid thing anyone could say if you think about it.

I want to believe. But I want to believe in evidence. And I dont believe what the brain remembers coz ive seen too much evidence proving the brain is rubbish and changes memories over time or just makes things up. And if you're human, your susceptible to it, even if you know it.

So to me theres enough evidence its complete myth and false memory and absolutely none to say it is any way true or based in any truth.

We could ask what the Jump Ranges of the ships in Tau Ceti were? That only matters if we 'found' something, rather than something 'finding' us. We could have found a beacon, a crashed ship, a radio signal, a lot of things that say 'Raxxla' without ever being anywhere near it or meaning it was near Tau Ceti. Just another Frontier red herring and they damn good at that, or just giving minimal info and letting the imagination run wild....

There may be rogue planets in systems with stars. Rouge just means the planet isn't gravitationally bound to the other bodies, in the system. It will at some point, leave the system. It just depends on how FD have implemented it.
It could even be that they have the option for both 'visitors' and autonomous rogues.

True, a rogue body could be visiting a normal system (which should be in galmap), but then the only way to see it’s a rogue would be to check the orbits in the orrery view to see if one is hyperbolic. Of course the orrery view was not implemented (was this delay on purpose??) until relatively recently, certainly well after MB had (reputedly) made the statement about Raxxla system having been visited but it was not recognised, which would agree with Raxxla being a rogue body. But the alternative view of a rogue being its own system that is not in galmap is also worth looking out for; the question is can such a check on the nav panel be made any easier to make it practicable? I did try it at one stage, but gave up after a couple of systems on the grounds of tediousness!

This is posited, of course, on the reported Design Forum statement on “rogues only being seen in nav panel when relatively close” being valid. I’ve never seen it so really want to check it out first.

Rogues - Whats them ones with the X - next to them, in binary orbit or whatever they are? What do we call them coz I keep thinking of them as Rogues? iirc proper Rogue Planets werent implemented, was dropped early on...maybe replaced by these X - ones, dunno.

Halsey - 2 parts to the story. First part human sabotage assassination attempt. Second part mysterious something maybe unexpected maybe alien maybe Guardian and this part is being re-opened so you may get your answers :)

There was a clever question on the AMA that basically said, 'Is it true that...' and one of those was that rumour amongst others. I was gonna ask a similar one coz thought this may be the way forward, 'Can you confirm that its official that....?' Answer 'Spoilers', they refused to confirm it was true and had been said by Frontier. So we may not even get that in this format.

BTW its moved from MB to 'an unnamed member of fdev', turned out MB wasnt actually there at the 'Private AMA' (which nobody else remembers even happening) after it was changed from the Public AMA after other people said it hadnt happened at all in that Public AMA, so that had to be recanted very quickly that it was MB and changed to 'unnamed', there is no evidence at all from anybody who was there at the time that anything was mentioned at the time. Nobody mentioned it until 3 years later and then repeatedly changed their story or said so and so will back me up and they didnt. There is no mention of it in any of the recorded accounts of the event at that time, and they did record their accounts of the event at the the time. More than one. Frontier have repeatedly refused to confirm it ever happened. There is no evidence at all it ever happened and quite a bit of circumstantial evidence that it didnt, mainly the complete failure to mention it in the days and weeks after in the write ups and streams about it by the person claiming it now and Frontier's complete failure to give it any credence whatsoever despite repeated askings. And in the whole context of the history of the secret of Raxxla it would be the single-most stupid thing anyone could say if you think about it.

I want to believe. But I want to believe in evidence. And I dont believe what the brain remembers coz ive seen too much evidence proving the brain is rubbish and changes memories over time or just makes things up. And if you're human, your susceptible to it, even if you know it.

So to me theres enough evidence its complete myth and false memory and absolutely none to say it is any way true or based in any truth.

We could ask what the Jump Ranges of the ships in Tau Ceti were? That only matters if we 'found' something, rather than something 'finding' us. We could have found a beacon, a crashed ship, a radio signal, a lot of things that say 'Raxxla' without ever being anywhere near it or meaning it was near Tau Ceti. Just another Frontier red herring and they damn good at that, or just giving minimal info and letting the imagination run wild....

The X in the system denotes the point (it’s the centre of gravity of co-orbiting stars that some bodies are also then orbiting, but cant remember its proper name) of common gravity around which the bodies are rotating, nothing to do with rogues. A rogue might enter a system, be affected by the gravity (so would show up on the line against an X, or a star), but then its momentum would sling it out of the system again. So the only way to check is the orrery view- all orbits should be circles/ellipses except a rogue where its orbit will not be closed, it will be hyperbolic entering and leaving the system. I suspect it will be shown as distant from the main star(s).

Agree that hearsay is not reliable and the mind plays tricks, so this MB rumour may be total hogswash. On the other hand I don’t expect any statement (whatever it is) by any FD employee in a closed Q&A session would be confirmed - it was private to the invited group. There were several people (presumably attending under some form of NDA, so I’m also not surprised there’s little confirmation) who were claimed to have been there, but there doesn’t seem to be much support so I’m treating it as a possible lead only. It doesn’t help us in any way to locate Raxxla, but might suggest something about its nature. We have very little concrete information to rely on, even the codex contains so much handwavium that IMO it’s unreliable, so conjecture seems appropriate. Tau Ceti as the first recorded mention of Raxxla is given as a “fact”, & therefore seems suggestive. I think from the stated date we have a good lore handle on likely jump ranges around that time.

Incidentally, you said a while ago (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-8704196) that DB had said of Raxxla “‘Its like nothing else in game and you will know it if you find it' or words to that effect”. Can you please give me the reference for that to add to the official quotes thread because I’ve never seen or heard of that comment or anything like it. 🙂

Last edited:
. A rogue might enter a system, be affected by the gravity (so would show up on the line against an X, or a star), but then its momentum would sling it out of the system again.

Dont we have at least one in Sol thats on a multi year orbit with our Sun and another system entirely somewhere?

If so, when is it due back?

Incidentally, you said a while ago (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-8704196) that DB had said of Raxxla “‘Its like nothing else in game and you will know it if you find it' or words to that effect”. Can you please give me the reference for that to add to the official quotes thread because I’ve never seen or heard of that comment or anything like it. 🙂

I been looking. and beginning to wonder if it was from 2nd source in the first place, ie read someone saying that DB had said. I recall the 'Its like nothing else in game' bit specifically as that to me didnt help at all and seemed deliberately obscure and non-helpful in the cheeky way they do (eg Its in The Milky Way), but cannot recall if it was written or said or what or where. Put it down to 'unsourced / unreliable' memory or 3rd party at best for now. Im hoping for a Dyson Sphere type thing, something obvious the moment you see it and cant miss. Was it perhaps part of the Exodus storyline and Ive got them mixed up, there were a lot of hints from DW all over the place at different times (and after updates) and many get attributed to Raxxla? Have I done the same? it would fit the Zuara at the time and is an answer to the question 'Will we know when we find it / whatever the secret is?'

True, a rogue body could be visiting a normal system (which should be in galmap), but then the only way to see it’s a rogue would be to check the orbits in the orrery view to see if one is hyperbolic. Of course the orrery view was not implemented (was this delay on purpose??) until relatively recently, certainly well after MB had (reputedly) made the statement about Raxxla system having been visited but it was not recognised, which would agree with Raxxla being a rogue body. But the alternative view of a rogue being its own system that is not in galmap is also worth looking out for; the question is can such a check on the nav panel be made any easier to make it practicable? I did try it at one stage, but gave up after a couple of systems on the grounds of tediousness!

This is posited, of course, on the reported Design Forum statement on “rogues only being seen in nav panel when relatively close” being valid. I’ve never seen it so really want to check it out first.
If a rouge planet is far enough out, it will likely not show any orbit at all. It might not even be on the map.
If we are at Oort cloud distance (outer rim), it can be basically stationary. If it's stationary, it can be found by decoding hints. Even if it's not on any maps.

To me this seem to be the most likely, if Raxxla is in or near the bubble. If it's really far out, I can see it possibly pop up on a map or nav panel.

Agreed, which is a potential reason no one has ever found it, because we dont know what rogues are or how to look for / there are so many conflicting avenues of enquiry.

Propose the question is raised at the next AMA. But its delivered in a way to enable FD to provide a sensible answer.

Q: How do we detect rogue planets.

Simple but it allows FD to provide an answer (if they arent being pedantic) potentially such as:

A: Nope they dont exist / or they were to be implemented but..: Good because it rules them out of our quest, even 'were' would be good as it says its not in game at present.

A: They can be found, example given: Obvious.

A: You cant, or its a bit tricky or not telling: Good because it confirms their existance. Any flim flamery can be taken as confirmation that its something of note (maybe not Raxxla but something of import).

A: Spoiler / redacted: confirmation they're in game and somethong of import.

I'll endeavour to engage with the AMA, but cant guarantee I'll remember.

Last edited:
Regardless how you want to use that information, the statement "the system has been visited" being true or false, where does it take you?
I'm not trying to be antagonistic here, just rather practical.

Problem 1: "System has been visited. When was it? 2015? 2016?". We can't tell if a system was discovered in 2015 vs 2020 if it's not registered in EDSM at the same time.
Problem 2: Do we have a record of it as well? EDSM may not have the record, only 10-20% contribute to EDSM perhaps (I'm guessing, trying to make a point).
Now you have it in EDSM and on record. Now what?

1. Is it (one of the) permit locked (quite likely) one?
2. Search all non-permit locked. For what? Where? For a rogue planet? For Com-beacons? For any other clues?
Are we really sure it's there, visible for all to see, in full view?

No, I don't think this gets us anywhere.
We still need to correlate the other information we have and put together some of the pieces of information and at least get a general direction.
Perhaps then, at a later the information be useful. Or perhaps in retrospect.

I don't see how it's useful at this stage. It being this dubious I would put it at the very lowest tier of information I would use some time in the future.

Furthermore, on the topic of rogue planet I'm just using a couple of images from DB & MB statements from 2014. Whether this still hold any truth at all anymore (2020) is hard to say.
I hope you can see them even if they are coming from the Canonn discord:

Lt1tTmY.png

Source: https://i.imgur.com/Lt1tTmY.png
@Jorki I’ve spent the better part of 2 hours trying to get into the old Design Discussion Archives with no luck, all links I found are dead, I’m going off my recollection of that DDF topic and another forum user who remembered it similarly. But I came across an old post on this thread where a user quoted David Braben and Michael Brookes regarding Dark Systems and Rogue Planets see quoted post. Braben states Dark Systems will not show-up until someone locates it (so how do you locate one if it doesn’t display on the map?), scans it, and sells the data. Michael Brookes stated “Not all planets have stars” here on the forums. We also have the Star Classification of “Rogue Planet” in game files. I believe Rogue Planet is in the codex too as a discovery but that’s just off my flawed memory. I also read that a user made a big report on Rogue Planets and got a response stating that they would not comment on things not discovered by players.

I wish I could provide more substantial evidence but given what we have access to currently I’d still go out on a limb and say that Galmap is missing these things purposefully and will not lead you to a dark system or Rogue Planet. Perhaps that reason is because we haven’t gotten close enough to one of these things and used our Nav panel to travel to them.

It does sound very tedious I admit but if some of us just take the time to check our Nav Panel more often then who knows? Maybe we could get lucky and locate one of these things.

The bubble may be easiest to experiment in because the further out you go the more uniform the system names become thus making it even harder to distinguish between actual systems or Rogues, etc.

I didn’t expect to cause such commotion with this idea so I apologize for any ruffled feathers, that wasn’t my intention.

@Jorki I’ve spent the better part of 2 hours trying to get into the old Design Discussion Archives with no luck, all links I found are dead, I’m going off my recollection of that DDF topic and another forum user who remembered it similarly. But I came across an old post on this thread where a user quoted David Braben and Michael Brookes regarding Dark Systems and Rogue Planets see quoted post. Braben states Dark Systems will not show-up until someone locates it (so how do you locate one if it doesn’t display on the map?), scans it, and sells the data. Michael Brookes stated “Not all planets have stars” here on the forums. We also have the Star Classification of “Rogue Planet” in game files. I believe Rogue Planet is in the codex too as a discovery but that’s just off my flawed memory. I also read that a user made a big report on Rogue Planets and got a response stating that they would not comment on things not discovered by players.

I wish I could provide more substantial evidence but given what we have access to currently I’d still go out on a limb and say that Galmap is missing these things purposefully and will not lead you to a dark system or Rogue Planet. Perhaps that reason is because we haven’t gotten close enough to one of these things and used our Nav panel to travel to them.

It does sound very tedious I admit but if some of us just take the time to check our Nav Panel more often then who knows? Maybe we could get lucky and locate one of these things.

The bubble may be easiest to experiment in because the further out you go the more uniform the system names become thus making it even harder to distinguish between actual systems or Rogues, etc.

I didn’t expect to cause such commotion with this idea so I apologize for any ruffled feathers, that wasn’t my intention.

No, no feathers ruffled! I’m just trying to progress our understanding and search procedures by logical argument. Apologies if I seemed terse! I just want to get verifiable statements down and then separately consider uncorroborated statements. 🙂

I have the MB statement on “Not all stars have planets, but then again not all planets have suns either” on the FD quotes thread (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/fdev-ed-relevant-quotes-videos.553526/#post-8671776), which does indeed seem to confirm rogue planets. I remember seeing the DB statement that “Dark Systems will not show-up until someone locates it” but I can’t remember if that was first, second or third hand. But I agree- how do you locate one if it doesn’t display on the map? It must be via the nav panel, that’s the only mechanism we have left. However I’m also of the opinion that Dark Systems were originally intended but were not in the end implemented, but I don’t have a source for that either (if anyone comes across any relevant quotes please let me know so I can update the quotes thread!). During my time in the FRift hunt I emailed DB to ask if they were implemented, because all I knew of them from was Drew Wagar’s book, and got no response. I sort of understand why, but for immersion pilots would know whether or not dark systems exist (we do IRL, astronomers have found a couple of candidates)-we pilots should too!!

No, my problem with the nav panel method of location is not in checking the nav panel per se, it’s that how would we know any of the “systems” it mentions are actually rogues? Unless they are specifically named “rogue planet” or “wanderer” or “Raxxla” then they would, by the rules of system naming (there’s a reference on that somewhere) be named something like XXX XXXX SECTOR XX-X aX-X, where the “a” comes from the low mass that “system” would contain. So it would look very similar to all the other systems in the vicinity. That doesn’t seem to be enjoyable gameplay to me. 🤓

Edit: I also did some googling for this reputed DB statement. I could only find:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/27e7g4 Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/27e7g4/david_brabens_question_time_summary/

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/48a0bg Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/48a0bg/has_anyone_actually_tried_to_misjump/

But I’m dubious about anything that comes from Redditt. Scribd has a pdf of various Q&A type interviews but I couldnt see anything on dark systems https://www.scribd.com/document/231802796/Elite-Dangerous-David-Braben-Answers-Questions

Last edited:
Agreed, which is a potential reason no one has ever found it, because we dont know what rouges are or how to look for / there are so many conflicting avenues of enquiry.

Propose the question is raised at the next AMA. But its delivered in a way to enable FD to provide a sensible answer.

Q: How do we detect rouge planets.

Simple but it allows FD to provide an answer (if they arent being pedantic) potentially such as:

A: Nope rouge planets dont exist / or they were to be implemented but..: Good because it rules them out of our quest, even 'were' would be good as it says its not in game at present.

A: They can be found, example given: Obvious.

A: You cant, or its a bit tricky or not telling: Good because it confirms their existance. Any flim flamery can be taken as confirmation that its something of note (maybe not Raxxla but something of import).

A: Spoiler / redacted: confirmation they're in game and somethong of import.

I'll endeavour to engage with the AMA, but cant guarantee I'll remember.
What we do know is that Stellar Forge has the ability to create rogue planets. We also know that Rogue Planet is listed as a star class. This means that they can be either their own system or a secondary in a system with regular star.

What we don't know is if any rogues are generated. Perhaps there is only one, in the game. ;)

Someone raised Halsey’s last journey on Starship One, which had a rather mysterious element. Just checking back through Galnet & found:
Then
(Don’t think that exploration data analysis was ever revealed-suspicious!)

Before the journey started we heard she was to visit several systems that included:Hip 53688, Tinia, Aleumoxii, 78 Ursae Majoris, Dietri, Su, Furuhjelm I-645, Saga, Delphin, Nanomam, Coriccha and Ross 860.
The sabotage occured before she reached Saga.
Now I remember a post that Starship One had made an unscheduled secret diversion before the crash, and I seem to remember a diagram (@ Simulacrae??) of her route, but I couldn't find either in a Galnet search under Halsey or Starship One search phrases. Maybe the diagram is on my gaming PC-will look tomorrow.

The search for her wreckage was concentrated on Lyncis Sector, and in particular on the ON-T B3-1, ON-T B3-2, ON-T B3-3, ON-T B3-4 and ST-R B4-3 1 systems (https://news.galnet.fr/community-goal-the-search-for-survivors/)

“Weird pulsating alien things” (presumably UA/TS) had been found before the incident- was the sabotage in order to delay knowledge of Thargoids getting out? (https://news.galnet.fr/the-truth-is-out-there-2/) and
Federation ships had been transporting the artefacts through populated space (https://news.galnet.fr/federation-accused-of-cover-up-2/)

We now know that the ship was sabotaged (The Club?) on the instigation of Admiral Vincent. But there was a strange contender in the search for the wreckage-The Club or Empire or Winters?
“Daurtu Jet Comms PLC, an organisation about which very little is known” (https://news.galnet.fr/galactic-news-federation-begins-analysing-wreckage/) was the other search CG backer.

There was also an intimation that unseen forces were at work manipulating events for some hidden motives (The Club!?)

Reporter Elaine Boyd investigated the incident before allegedly committing suicide
She had asked for (but was refused) information on a collision where investigators were killed

List of comfirmed and suspected rogues

Perhaps this list would be a good place to start? Some, according to the list, are quite close to Sol. I'm not entirely sure how one might go about it, as I doubt any of these will show up in a Galmap search (haven't tried yet...will do within the hour).

Since I'm going to be doing some bouncing around in my DBX, I'll check out some of the systems @Jorki Rasalas posted above in relation to Halsey.

Someone raised Halsey’s last journey on Starship One, which had a rather mysterious element. Just checking back through Galnet & found:
Then
(Don’t think that exploration data analysis was ever revealed-suspicious!)

Before the journey started we heard she was to visit several systems that included:Hip 53688, Tinia, Aleumoxii, 78 Ursae Majoris, Dietri, Su, Furuhjelm I-645, Saga, Delphin, Nanomam, Coriccha and Ross 860.
The sabotage occured before she reached Saga.
Now I remember a post that Starship One had made an unscheduled secret diversion before the crash, and I seem to remember a diagram (@ Simulacrae??) of her route, but I couldn't find either in a Galnet search under Halsey or Starship One search phrases. Maybe the diagram is on my gaming PC-will look tomorrow.

The search for her wreckage was concentrated on Lyncis Sector, and in particular on the ON-T B3-1, ON-T B3-2, ON-T B3-3, ON-T B3-4 and ST-R B4-3 1 systems (https://news.galnet.fr/community-goal-the-search-for-survivors/)

“Weird pulsating alien things” (presumably UA/TS) had been found before the incident- was the sabotage in order to delay knowledge of Thargoids getting out? (https://news.galnet.fr/the-truth-is-out-there-2/) and
Federation ships had been transporting the artefacts through populated space (https://news.galnet.fr/federation-accused-of-cover-up-2/)

We now know that the ship was sabotaged (The Club?) on the instigation of Admiral Vincent. But there was a strange contender in the search for the wreckage-The Club or Empire or Winters?
“Daurtu Jet Comms PLC, an organisation about which very little is known” (https://news.galnet.fr/galactic-news-federation-begins-analysing-wreckage/) was the other search CG backer.

There was also an intimation that unseen forces were at work manipulating events for some hidden motives (The Club!?)

Reporter Elaine Boyd investigated the incident before allegedly committing suicide
She had asked for (but was refused) information on a collision where investigators were killed

Just some additional tinfoil to go along with this great write up. The announcement of Starship One taking an unscheduled detour for classified purposes was released in the one or two articles immediately following its disappearance. Hopefully this article links properly.

The timing of the article is very precise. I’m not sure if this emphasis on the time frame is indicative of a potential window of opportunity or not but interesting nonetheless. This is also where the unscheduled detour to Azaleach for classified reasons is mentioned.

Something that may or may not mean anything, the jump to Azaleach and the fact that Halsey’s sister is named Azalea. It could be something as simple as Halsey wanted to see a system named similarly to her sister hence the detour but why make that reason classified if that was the case?

This next bit of info is complete rumor and hearsay but I read that Rogue planets used to be implemented back in an Alpha and they’d rip you out of hyperspace if you jumped too close to one’s gravity well while going from system A to system B and a rogue was between the two locations before that mechanic was changed. Is this what really happened to Starship One?

Also the reporter that killed herself was not the only mysterious death around this time frame. At least one, maybe more, experts on the disappearance of The Highliner Antares met unfortunate deaths after Starship One went missing just as they were going to aid in the new disappearance, unless I’m misremembering.

Lastly, I distinctly remember an early dev video showing a dev jumping directly to a planet, not a star, not sure if it was shared here or elsewhere but I definitely think I’ll be taking some time to try to dig it up again.

Edit: I also forgot this: The original person of interest regarding Starship One’s potential sabotage is not the same suspect in the latest articles. Not sure if it means anything and I don’t have my easily searchable archive site anymore to find the articles mentioning the guys.

Last edited:
So....the only one on the list that shows up is WISE 0855-0714, which turns out to be a Federal system. 🙄

Given some light research, I settled on OTS 44 (rogue proto-star/gas giant), an interesting specimen that is supposedly a proto-star with a dust ring. It's in the Chameleon constellation, near IC 2631 (can't find this nebula in game...unless it's supposed to be the Chameleon nebula). IC 2631 is illuminated by HD 97300 (aka HIP 54557). I've spent the last hour checking proto-stars all around this area and nothing.

Also, nothing showing up on my nav panel that doesn't look like a normal system. I'm not entirely sure what determines star designations. As of this writing I'm in Chamaeleon Sector JH-U b3-4...what do these letter/number designations mean?

Not an exhaustive search, nor do I feel like I'm done just yet. But, I suspect if FDev put rogues in game they're set up as normal systems or within normal systems (as is the case with WISE 0855-0714).

So far I checked all systems on Nav Panel in Furuhjelm, Su, and HIP 53688. Nothing yet, all those systems also appear on Galmap. I need to get sleep but will resume tomorrow. I’m curious though, which direction is the proposed search area in relation to Azaleach from her tour path? Meaning does it appear the ship over shot Azaleach from one of the tour systems or is it in a seemingly random location. I’d assume it would be a somewhat straight line away from one of the systems. I didn’t get to check. I’m planning to check both where it went missing and where the wreckage was found.

This next bit of info is complete rumor and hearsay but I read that Rogue planets used to be implemented back in an Alpha and they’d rip you out of hyperspace if you jumped too close to one’s gravity well while going from system A to system B and a rogue was between the two locations before that mechanic was changed. Is this what really happened to Starship One?

This one I can debunk, as there was no hyperspace in the Alpha. There was only one system.

I can confirm that the devs can jump to directly to planets and stations, on their test accounts. They do it all the time, in streams. They usually cut the picture, while they do it though. It's called 'Dev magic'. :)

Top Bottom