As this was an accidental expansion, do we need to be a bit careful with this so that we don't end up coming in to conflict with the current owners?
(or is there sufficient headroom for us to stay lower / diplomatic efforts have resolved the situation)
Absolutely we are looking to get above the pack BUT NOT TAKE OVER FROM THE RIGHTFUL OWNERS! : )

STANDING ORDERS FOR THIS WEEK STARTING TODAY (DEC 12) AND ENDING NEXT SATURDAY (DEC 19): PUSH INFLUENCE FOR TDW IN LAVE.

These orders are taken directly from the #Standing-Orders Channel of the Elite Week Discord: If you would like to join you can at: https://discord.gg/Wtgnsbq

If you would like to join the OFFICIAL Squadron of The Dark Wheel for the Turning The Wheel Initiative feel free to Apply. The Squadron name is "Black Sky Legion" and the Squad Designation is "BSL1"

MODIFICATION TO STANDING ORDERS: STARTING TODAY (DEC 14) AND ENDING NEXT SATURDAY (DEC 19)
1) PUSH INFLUENCE FOR TDW IN LAVE
2) ARQUE - TDW AND ARQUE COMMODITIES ARE PENDING WAR, PUSH FOR A CLEAN 4-0 SWEEP FOR TDW
TDW will then own Smith Prospect and Baird Gateway, both of which we will give to ARRC by intentionally getting into conflict and LOSING said conflict

If you would like to join the OFFICIAL Squadron of The Dark Wheel for the Turning The Wheel Initiative feel free to Apply. (In Game PC)
The Squadron name is "Black Sky Legion" and the Squad Designation is "BSL1"

- CMDR Wolfdragon.VS
Executive Officer, Black Sky Legion

Can anyone recommend where Carto-data would currently do the most good for TDW?
LFT 926? Of the 7 systems that TDW controls, this one's the lowest INF at 50.1%.

o7, CMDRs

@Esteban Carto in LHS 397 should help best as we will hopefully work an expansion there after the current one is done.

Sorry all that I've not been about, had RL issues that have kept me away and are still getting in the way. I may be about a bit more over the holiday season, RL and health willing.

TDW project is still on track working through the list of systems for our final tests of Sol and LFT 509. A big thankyou from me to Micha Maverick for his efforts and to Wolfdragon for picking up the reigns with relatively little guidance!

Just wondering, how are things going for "Turning the Wheel"? I'm still doing missions for this endeavour when my RL schedule allows it, but with all the stuff lately introduced in the game (new lore, halloween event, good CGs) I guess many members got distracted by these activities. Really hope that we can reach the goal and can enter Sol etc.

Just a heads up for everyone WolfDragon from the above post is my Executive Officer for Black Sky Legion Squadron and for the time being while Micah has retired and Crypto is dealing with IRL stuff he is helping me posting orders for the Turning the Wheel Project. I would very much appreciate it if you would consider any orders relayed by WOLFDRAGON just as you would from myself or Crypto or Micah. Sorry for any confusion, on a project, this big there is the need for several chiefs to share the load of management.

Thanks!

Just wondering, how are things going for "Turning the Wheel"? I'm still doing missions for this endeavour when my RL schedule allows it, but with all the stuff lately introduced in the game (new lore, halloween event, good CGs) I guess many members got distracted by these activities. Really hope that we can reach the goal and can enter Sol etc.

Funny you should ask: Here is a SITREP for all concerned on the Turning The Wheel Initiative. We are landing tomorrow 1 jump away from our test site for LFT 509. We have been (for some time) 1 jump away from the test site for Sol. We have decided to add to the pageantry of the entire situation by testing them one after the other. Therefore, when we land in REDACTED tomorrow we will begin preparations for our jump into REDACTED to test Sol and immediately thereafter we will begin preparations to prep the jump to the test site for 509 which is REDACTED, where, in my personal opinion there is the highest chance of success in our endeavors. ;)

So look to the first step in our final phases 2 and 3 to be announced tomorrow. ;)

Funny you should ask: Here is a SITREP for all concerned on the Turning The Wheel Initiative. We are landing tomorrow 1 jump away from our test site for LFT 509. We have been (for some time) 1 jump away from the test site for Sol. We have decided to add to the pageantry of the entire situation by testing them one after the other. Therefore, when we land in REDACTED tomorrow we will begin preparations for our jump into REDACTED to test Sol and immediately thereafter we will begin preparations to prep the jump to the test site for 509 which is REDACTED, where, in my personal opinion there is the highest chance of success in our endeavors. ;)

So look to the first step in our final phases 2 and 3 to be announced tomorrow. ;)

You're learning with Frontier's Raxxla AMA questions!

LHS 397 is already in expansion range of Sol, why do we need to jump to another test site? Shouldn't expanding from LHS 397 prove whether it's possible to get into Sol? Since Sol has 6 factions it should get priority over any other expansion we try to do from LHS 397.

Sorry to hear you burned out Micha. Hope you get back soon!

Kai Zen, would it be possible to use Micha's format for standing orders?
Like this:

Tasks for today:
Bounty Hunting & Combat:
- Bounty Hunting in any of our controlled systems. (Anyanwu has a CNB). Hand in to LHS 397.
Commodity Trading
- Profitable trades into Zillig Depot or Thornycroft Port in LHS 397.
Missions & Passengers

• Missions for Wolf 562 Major Inc in LTT 5455.
  • Missions for Alliance of CD-33 8748 in HR 4979.
  • Missions for The Dark Wheel in LHS 397.
  • Missions for The Dark Wheel in Arque.
  • Missions for LHS 346 Democrats in Anyanwu.
Exploration Data:
- Hand in to Zillig Depot or Thornycroft Port in LHS 397.

I enjoy hamstering a bunch but "PUSH INFLUENCE FOR TDW IN LAVE." doesn't really tell me much.
I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to BGS and need a little spoon feeding. lol.

Thx. o7

LHS 397 is already in expansion range of Sol, why do we need to jump to another test site? Shouldn't expanding from LHS 397 prove whether it's possible to get into Sol? Since Sol has 6 factions it should get priority over any other expansion we try to do from LHS 397.
I want to say that until you eliminate the possibility of landing in another system that is in range, you haven't fully tested the possibility of landing in any one system. I'm certanly not a BGS expert, but this seems to me to be one reason, at least.

I want to say that until you eliminate the possibility of landing in another system that is in range, you haven't fully tested the possibility of landing in any one system. I'm certanly not a BGS expert, but this seems to me to be one reason, at least.
Exactly so. We have a specific test system for Sol and THAT is where we will definitively call Sol tested from. not from somewhere that is at the extreme long range.

Sorry to hear you burned out Micha. Hope you get back soon!

Kai Zen, would it be possible to use Micha's format for standing orders?
Like this:

Tasks for today:
Bounty Hunting & Combat:
- Bounty Hunting in any of our controlled systems. (Anyanwu has a CNB). Hand in to LHS 397.
Commodity Trading
- Profitable trades into Zillig Depot or Thornycroft Port in LHS 397.
Missions & Passengers

• Missions for Wolf 562 Major Inc in LTT 5455.
  • Missions for Alliance of CD-33 8748 in HR 4979.
  • Missions for The Dark Wheel in LHS 397.
  • Missions for The Dark Wheel in Arque.
  • Missions for LHS 346 Democrats in Anyanwu.
Exploration Data:
- Hand in to Zillig Depot or Thornycroft Port in LHS 397.

I enjoy hamstering a bunch but "PUSH INFLUENCE FOR TDW IN LAVE." doesn't really tell me much.
I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to BGS and need a little spoon feeding. lol.

Thx. o7
I will be posting better-formatted orders. Thanks.

///// Taken from the #Standing-Orders Channel on the Elite Week Discord: https://discord.gg/Wtgnsbq /////

Orders 16 DEC - 19 DEC 3306

Project Status:

The expansion from PHRA LAK into the direction of LFT 509 has occurred into the planned system of LP 787-52. This puts us just one more jump away from the TEST SITE for LFT 509.

The invasion war will be active starting on 17DEC. Support The Dark Wheel BY DOING CZ’S to secure the foothold in the system. Following the war, we want to put The Dark Wheel in control of LP 787-52.

The next planned expansion will be to the TEST SITE of SOL. Further details to follow.

Please remember:

Do NOT work for other factions in our systems, unless requested below

Do NOT hand in bounties for any faction other than The Dark Wheel in our systems

Do NOT hand in trade goods or cartography data to stations that we do not own

Bounty Hunting

Bounty Hunting in any of our controlled systems. (ANYANWU has a Compromised Nav Beacon)

Hand in Bounty Vouchers at ANY STATION in ARQUE or LAVE (Bounty vouchers do not require station ownership)

Conflicts

LP 787-52 - Support The Dark Wheel (CZs and War Missions)

ARQUE - Support The Dark Wheel (CZs and War Missions)

ANYANWU - Support Aegilips Co (Election Missions)

ANYANWU - Support Alliance of LTT 5419 (Election Missions)

HR 4979 - Support Alliance of CD-33 8748 (CZs and War Missions)

LHS 397 - Support Lacaille 8760 Allied Corp (CZs and War Missions)

General Missions & Passengers

LAVE - Any missions, we want to be #2 in system ~20% below Lave Radio Network

ANYANWU - LHS 346 Democrats, 3.7% INF needs boosting via any missions

ARQUE - The Dark Wheel is pending Outbreak state, missions to fix will be on the board

Commodity Trading

Profitable trades into our ground station Smith Prospect in ARQUE.

Exploration Data:

Hand in at ARQUE - Smith Prospect

General Remarks

All TDW Controlled Systems: Until a planned expansion is announced, TDW should have no greater than 65% INF to avoid any unintended expansions.

LAVE - The Dark Wheel is to be #2, ~20% below Lave Radio Network

WOLF 433 - The Dark Wheel is to be #2, ~20% below LHS 2541 Alliance Combine

Please continue to use EDMC or similar tools to keep local data up to date.

Keep Turning The Wheel, Hamsters!

This is pretty much true. We've already tested a jump from within extreme range of Sol - LTT 5455. The first test "failed" to test Sol, as a slot opened up in LHS 397 so we ended up there. Luckily that was one of the systems we had originally planned on our path to Sol. We tested a second time a bit later with our jump from LTT 5455. This time, there were no vacant spaces anywhere in the cube so we ended up in Phra Lak by invasion despite Sol theoretically being open. Phra Lak itself was only plan B on this jump, but someone managed to knock our target system into conflict a day or so before we had it perfectly set up and the conflict state would have run too long for us to succeed.

These tests of Sol are at extreme range however, being 29.11 LY from LTT 5455 and only just within one of the diagonals of the Cube!

LHS 397 is in range of our final target system. Way back in May when I and others did our original calculations, I missed that LHS 397 is within the Sol cube at 19.32 LY. Either I simply didn't fully check it, or the calculations were slightly askew. Regardless, this is still an extreme range test of Sol, though perhaps barely within the permit granting range.

Our final test system is much closer to Sol. I do not really expect any better results than we already have from LTT 5455 and/or LHS 397, but it is still a better grade of proof from a system right next to Sol than ~20 LY away.

We have also tested permit granting to both Lave and Diso systems and their locked planets by our presence in Lave. Diso is only 3.59 Ly from Lave, well within any reasonable permit granting range.

Remember, a negative result is still a result!

We have arrived today in LP 787-52 after our misfire last jump. This system is one jump away from what should be our final staging system near LFT 509. We do have one further optional jump that will land us about the same distance away on the other side of LFT 509. Either or both of these systems are within 10 LY so should be well within permit granting range. What happens then will be up to FDev as in its current state, LFT 509 is totally inaccessible from both a pilot access and BGS sense.

I am one of the people who feel that no matter what happens with these tests, the project as a whole is a massive success. We've provided many months of content and hopefully interesting gameplay for those involved and a spectacle for those who just watch from the sidelines. We demonstrated to Fdev that there is a deep hunger for Lore and structured storytelling in Elite and the revitalized in-game activities and Galnet revival may in part be due to this project stirring up interest.

From a BGS perspective, we have demonstrated repeated successful targeted invasions (and a few misses!), something that still seems beyond many factions capabilities. We have been able to make repeated long range jumps that have spread our space empire to about 100 LY at largest extent, so far. We have also tested access to several permit locked systems that had nothing to do with our planned targets confirming further what the BGS community already knows about permit locked systems being essentially impossible under current rules.

(Sol is 53.03 LY from LFT 509 and 114.54 from Lave. Lave is 126.42 LY from LFT 509)

CMDRs:

I've been making the combat circuit from Arque to our newly invaded system LP 787-52. Currently there appear to be no High CZs associated with TDW (there's another conflict in the system- a civil war betweem two other factions).
I found one Medium CZ near Body 2B (I haven't looked over the Low CZs yet, but I can do that.). That's about 427Ls from drop-in.
Happy hunting.

Edit: There appear to be 2 Low CZs involving TDW, one near Body 5B...

Last edited:
Top Bottom