What are u talking about? >: That looks like pretty real BH image -lensing effect
If you go in to multicrew you can see a spacial distortion behind a ship exiting multicrew but it can be seen in any system its nothing special.

If I have anyone online that wants to let me multicrew I'll take some pics and post them

PS_App_20210123_062242.jpeg
PS_App_20210123_062247.jpeg
PS_App_20210123_062252.jpeg

Last edited:
Do any of the 3rd party tools let us search for a list of systems by specific distance from a location, For example a list of every system exactly 235 ly from shinrarta?

EDDB can do it, think Spansh Bodies (https://spansh.co.uk/bodies) can do it, think EDDiscovery/ search panel and EDSM both have mechanisms to do a spherical search.

On second thoughts actually you might get a list of all systems within that radius & have to filter out the nearer ones yourself, & think one of them might be limited to 50 ly radius...it’s been a while!

Last edited:
Just watched the Scott Manley interviews with David Braben from 2015 and have updated the FD quotes thread (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/fdev-ed-relevant-quotes-videos.553526/#post-8671776) accordingly.

In the part 2 video DB talked about Terraforming technology, the probable shift of power from governments with the Rise of the Corporations, and (most interestingly given my current Raxxla theory) at 13 minutes into the discussion the likely preservation of any signs of alien interest in the Solar System for billions of years, which to me seems clearly to indicate Guardians. He talked specifically about being buried in Martian dust (I.e. the ED “Mars Artefact”), but there was a smile on his face during that part of the conversation. It could have been the beer, or he could have been thinking of Raxxla...
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WZez6K2Eoyg

Last edited:
Michael Brookes states something about the Mars relic I believe in the old ED Fiction Diary 1 about the 10 min mark:

"There’s the alien artifact that was discovered in the solar system, that’s still a mystery, although hopefully start to reveal a little bit more about where that came from in the future. And of course there’s the Thargoids"

Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O6z5OK8J5pg&feature=youtu.be

To me, that has always identified the Relic was separate from the Thargoids (likely Guardians) but effectively locked behind a narrative wall.

If the Relic and importantly Sol are or were linked to Raxxla that narrative wall could have already been unlocked (when Guardian content was inserted), or changed (after Guardians were found way too quickly / likely resulting in a lot of narrative either being canned or still in game to be stumbled over) or it is still locked...

Who knows... but my point is MB statement identifies the relic is an important element to the ED narrative (no matter what it is). Its not just lore.

Therefore something is of import within Sol. Now or in the coming narrative...

Last edited:
at 13 minutes into the discussion the likely preservation of any signs of alien interest in the Solar System for billions of years, which to me seems clearly to indicate Guardians. He talked specifically about being buried in Martian dust (I.e. the ED “Mars Artefact”), but there was a smile on his face during that part of the conversation. It could have been the beer, or he could have been thinking of Raxxla...
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WZez6K2Eoyg
I didn't get that impression. He mentioned the solar system in general, and in the context of Ceres which had the (at the time) "mysterious" bright spot in the crater. That's not to dismiss the idea of alien artifacts in ED being hidden somewhere in Sol though.

Do any of the 3rd party tools let us search for a list of systems by specific distance from a location, For example a list of every system exactly 235 ly from shinrarta?

Only one I know of, works off of EDSM, but it works for anything in their database....
But shows ALL systems within the shpere, so youll probably want to copy and past it in to Excel or somthing and sort by distance or w.e. you want

Just replace the X Y Z coordinates with the ones from EDSM for your center system and change the radius (ly) (XYZ is same order on EDSM 123 for coordinates)

Are they arranged as co-ordinated sets - i.e. at 120 degree intervals? If so then that's a possible stable arrangement. Still spooky though :)

[Edit]: Isis IX appears (somewhat briefly) in the official novel "Docking is Difficult", which might go some way to explain it's Hand Authored oddness..

Do you remember what happens in the novel at Isis IX? Because there is more oddness in the Isis-system:

• none of the system bodies have a "discovered by"-entry
  • almost all planets have 4(!) "mapped by"-entries. Isis IX has only 1 "mapped by"-entry which is different to the others
  • the Isis-star is a Class K-star which are usually around 0.6 to 0.9 solar masses; Isis is 0.36 solar masses, thus an unusual K-star
  • the orbits of the gas giants have a recursive/fractal pattern (I really should provide a screenshot/animation here!); when you look at the Orrery, you'll find the orbit of Isis X resembles the orbit of Isis IX resembles the orbit of Isis VIII a.s.o. The Isis-star is basically at the same focal point for every orbit of the larger planets
  • the major axis-values for the planets Isis VII to Isis X all have round numbers
  • the orbital inclination for all planets is divided into three parts, where the inner and outer planets' inclination is identical; you can line the orbits up and you get a nice perfect X for all orbits (again, I shall provide a screenshot here)
Then I have the feeling that the Super Cruise acts different, as if it were on hand brakes; as if there were another invisible mass/system body. I wish we had some telemetry-API since then it would be much easier to measure if the SC-acceleration is different to other systems.

Do you remember what happens in the novel at Isis IX? Because there is more oddness in the Isis-system:

• none of the system bodies have a "discovered by"-entry This is normal for bubble systems that are named
  • almost all planets have 4(!) "mapped by"-entries. Isis IX has only 1 "mapped by"-entry which is different to the others
  • the Isis-star is a Class K-star which are usually around 0.6 to 0.9 solar masses; Isis is 0.36 solar masses, thus an unusual K-star
  • the orbits of the gas giants have a recursive/fractal pattern (I really should provide a screenshot/animation here!); when you look at the Orrery, you'll find the orbit of Isis X resembles the orbit of Isis IX resembles the orbit of Isis VIII a.s.o. The Isis-star is basically at the same focal point for every orbit of the larger planets
    • just evidence it was hand authored.
  • the major axis-values for the planets Isis VII to Isis X all have round numbers ditto
  • the orbital inclination for all planets is divided into three parts, where the inner and outer planets' inclination is identical; you can line the orbits up and you get a nice perfect X for all orbits (again, I shall provide a screenshot here) ditto
Then I have the feeling that the Super Cruise acts different, as if it were on hand brakes; as if there were another invisible mass/system body. I wish we had some telemetry-API since then it would be much easier to measure if the SC-acceleration is different to other systems.

Whilst not an explanation, at least most of what you say is comon enough for hand authored system (i.e. non prodcurally generated) - see my bold italics above..

The mention in the book is a 1 line throwaway:

'Over the years quite a few depressed locals have killed themselves by jumping into our famous never-completed mineshaft,' he said. 'So perhaps we could encourage tourists to come here to do the same. Establish ourselves as a suicide hot-spot. Set up a stall, sell them farewell knick-knacks.' There was a good deal of excited chatter about this, until someone pointed out that 'farewell knick-knacks' weren't really a thing. Probably there was a boring moral question as well, but the real clincher, Misha argued, was that a half-dug hole on an out-of-the-way rock, even if it had briefly been a celebrated hole seventy years ago, wasn't going to be able to compete with the galaxy's more glamorous suicide hotspots. Nobody was likely to jump down a mineshaft when they could vaporise themselves crashing a rented starship into the rings of Isis Nine, or burn their faces off diving from the thousand-mile span of the Sapphire Bridge into the magma lakes of Cassiopeia.

Interestingly Isis IX has no rings :)

In general, there are a lot of anomolies betwenn the official novels and the final implementation of the game. It seems like its highly likely that the galaxy was modified between the books being finalised and the game being released. Basically you cant trust in game descriptions or bodies to match the books. In addition there are some glaring errors, such as the location of Tarlak - just down to human data entry errors.

Michael Brookes states something about the Mars relic I believe in the old ED Fiction Diary 1 about the 10 min mark:

"There’s the alien artifact that was discovered in the solar system, that’s still a mystery, although hopefully start to reveal a little bit more about where that came from in the future. And of course there’s the Thargoids"

Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O6z5OK8J5pg&feature=youtu.be

To me, that has always identified the Relic was separate from the Thargoids (likely Guardians) but effectively locked behind a narrative wall.

If the Relic and importantly Sol are or were linked to Raxxla that narrative wall could have already been unlocked (when Guardian content was inserted), or changed (after Guardians were found way too quickly / likely resulting in a lot of narrative either being canned or still in game to be stumbled over) or it is still locked...

Who knows... but my point is MB statement identifies the relic is an important element to the ED narrative (no matter what it is). Its not just lore.

Therefore something is of import within Sol. Now or in the coming narrative...

Mm, interesting. Hadn’t seen that. It isn’t like MB to let something slip, even inadvertently!

Just throwing something out there... Are we adament it's in Sol? It just seems odd to me that they would be something clearly so huge and of such importance to the community in such a common, well travelled, well searched area. Look at the lengths FD went to in order to hide The Zurara from the Formidine rift mystery...

Secondly, when there was an interview mentioned earlier and someone from ED said you would need to be Elite to find it... What elite are we talking? Combat or Explorer? I doubt trade Elite woud matter.

Last edited:
Mm, interesting. Hadn’t seen that. It isn’t like MB to let something slip, even inadvertently!

Just watched this video too...

Well, I have to say I never knew the Thargoids were all female, so I wonder if (or where) there are males of the species?

I also wonder if his comment about AI escaping into deep space has been implemented? Raxxla perhaps? Or Guardian AI?

Fly Dangerously,
Ra.

FD “coding errors” for Sol

1) in Sol’s main asteroid belt between Mars & Jupiter no clusters are directly selectable and are not shown as in every other asteroid belt in-game. The belt is shown as an annulus split into 32 equal sectors, but this is the only system in-game to date with this depiction of an asteroid belt.

Just to update on one point, the segmented representation of the asteroid belt is not unique to sol (I think that's what you mean?). It occurs quite commonly in other systems as well, in the nearby fusang for example.

Last edited:
Just to update on one point, the segmented representation of the asteroid belt is not unique to sol (I think that's what you mean?). It occurs quite commonly in other systems as well, in the nearby fusang for example.

Ah, thanks. I hadn’t spotted it before, but then I guess I only very rarely use orrery view! It hadn’t shown in other systems where I’d used it. I’ve removed that point from my theory post:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-8911441

Last edited:
Top Bottom