I understand that it is the sign of the solar system, but I can say that it also looks like the whole galaxy.
After all, there were 8 galaxies in Elite 1 and there was no way to move between
them.
(But this has already been discussed)

By the way who can remind me, before the introduction of the Codex into the game, was there a division of the galaxy into sectors ?

I understand that it is the sign of the solar system, but I can say that it also looks like the whole galaxy.
After all, there were 8 galaxies in Elite 1 and there was no way to move between
them.
(But this has already been discussed)

By the way who can remind me, before the introduction of the Codex into the game, was there a division of the galaxy into sectors ?
No, other than the sectors which appear as part of the proc gen planet names,(i.e. COL 285 SECTOR etc.) not the regions that we have now.

Last edited:
I might argue this is the opposite of tunnel vision though.... It begins strictly as big picture scenario, with all things being fairly considered. If you look at the sum of the parts, they take you in a clear direction. For me, the big sign is that there is no other solid direction! And if you ignore the signs completely, for lack of 100% scientific proof, you are doooooomed to sweeping the galaxy forevah!

I think people have a bit of a stigma with Raxxla in terms of Scientific Method. This is not the same as scientific research in the real world. There can be errors on Fdev's part, whereas physics can't technically make any errors. Man created this sandbox without any set rules on what they can or cannot do, and we are setting ourselves up if we completely apply scientific method. While I would never make these kinds of leaps in the real world, we actually need to make them here. Maybe not right from the start, but how many years are we into this thing? The trouble with a theory instead of a straight out accusation (in this case) is that it doesn't motivate everyone... in fact, very few. A theory in this game is synonymous with a light suggestion... and that is not how we are going to solve this.

Fdev did not set out to make an unsolvable mystery. And based on the scope of this game, that's exactly what it would be if they didn't "make it a tiny little bit obvious". At some point you need to commit to something. Take it as a challenge to disprove, I actually welcome that, but this is the point: Let's figure out what IS in Sol, instead of never solving it!!! I would happily take being wrong over never figuring out what's in there. :)
But muh spreadsheets! ;-)

well, checked out L4 & L5 (the stable Lagrangian points) for Sol-Pluto and Sol-Mars, nothing to report!
Also tried a quick test at Saturn's rings, meh

mmm, back to the missing asteroid belt!
I'm on my way to Sag A* and maybe Beagle Point for posterity's sake, or I'd be tempted to come poke around as well. Maybe in another 40K LY or so. Flew all the way to Colonia to finally check it out and didn't even get a lousy mug, so thought I'd best try and get something out of the trip.

Last edited:
They also have the advantage that if correct, Raxxla could be found with the original game's 7LY hyperdrive, which usually is seen as a constraint.
As much as it often is, it really shouldn’t be.

While on the topic, for info, a 7ly jump range isn’t enough for the route plotter to plot a route between Sol and Lave.

I can’t say for sure whether a route can be found manually or not.

(7ly also isn’t enough to plot a route to Achenar either, while I’m recapping this info. 😉)

As much as it often is, it really shouldn’t be.

While on the topic, for info, a 7ly jump range isn’t enough for the route plotter to plot a route between Sol and Lave.

I can’t say for sure whether a route can be found manually or not.

(7ly also isn’t enough to plot a route to Achenar either, while I’m recapping this info. 😉)
You have a lot of recapping to do, I haven't been paying attention for at least three years. Could you answer all my questions for me? I was going to ask Han Zen but since you popped in first... ;-)

No, other than the sectors which appear as part of the proc gen planet names,(i.e. COL 285 SECTOR etc.) not the regions that we have now.
One thing worth considering is whether the regions were already there for FD’s purposes but just never ‘published’ out to the playerbase.

Bio’s appear to be tied to specific regions. The question is whether that was always the case or was only introduced in 3.3. I don’t think there’s any way we’d actually be able to determine for sure though. Maybe one for the AMAs when/if they restart.

You have a lot of recapping to do, I haven't been paying attention for at least three years. Could you answer all my questions for me? I was going to ask Han Zen but since you popped in first... ;-)
Then again, that probably isn't a lot of recapping really, sadly.

😂😂😂

Anything in particular?

(I was mainly recapping stuff I’d posted ages back and that was lost in the depths of the thread with that last bit, but will try and answer anything else if I can!)

One thing worth considering is whether the regions where already there for FD’s purposes but just never ‘published’ out to the playerbase.

Bio’s appear to be tied to specific regions. The question is whether that was always the case or was only introduced in 3.3. I don’t think there’s any way we’d actually be able to determine for sure though. Maybe one for the AMAs when/if they restart.
According to DW's history videos, they were added as a nod to Erimus' galaxy mapping initiative, and drew (no pun intended) from both it and Frontier's own conceptions of regions. Whether these were new conceptions or old conceptions, or a mix of both, who knows.

😂😂😂

Anything in particular?

(I was mainly recapping stuff I’d posted ages back and that was lost in the depths of the thread with that last bit, but will try and answer anything else if I can!)
Nah, just pulling your leg. Getting a lot of forum reading in on the way to Sag A*. Nice to see some familiar faces, place is pretty dead overall (all the forums, not here specifically).

According to DW's history videos, they were added as a nod to Erimus' galaxy mapping initiative, and drew (no pun intended) from both it and Frontier's own conceptions of regions. Whether these were new conceptions or old conceptions, or a mix of both, who knows.
That’s not the case to the best of my knowledge.

IIRC when FD were originally adding the regions they were all just numbered (or had names from FD. It was suggested to them that rather than using that, they should adopt the names the playerbase had been using for various areas of space. They did for quite a few. Not all though, and there wasn’t an exact match of FD’s regions to the areas the playerbase’s names applied to.

(Maybe Drew has some inside info on this but as far as I know it’s as above.)

That’s not the case to the best of my knowledge.

IIRC when FD were originally adding the regions they were all just numbered (or had names from FD. It was suggested to them that rather than using that, they should adopt the names the playerbase had been using for various areas of space. They did for quite a few. Not all though, and there wasn’t an exact match of FD’s regions to the areas the playerbase’s names applied to.

(Maybe Drew has some inside info on this but as far as I know it’s as above.)
Yeah they definitely did not use all, did not mean to imply that - I think it was more cherry-picking after voluble protests. I may be mis-paraphrasing what he said in the video also, it has been a couple of weeks since I watched it. I am sure he will appear and let us know at some point, after slapping me.

@thatchino ha - you weren't expecting a question were you! I thought I saw somewhere upstream that someone mentioned that John Harper had been kicking around the forums again recently also - do you know if he has?

Nah, just pulling your leg. Getting a lot of forum reading in on the way to Sag A*. Nice to see some familiar faces, place is pretty dead overall (all the forums, not here specifically).
😂😂

Yeah, I mean DD is still busy itself, but some of what were the really busy places aren’t so any more. The FR threads, well, that chunk of FR mystery stuff was concluded. The Canonn megathread slowly ebbed off, partly as a result of being split into it’s own subforum, with loads of stickies and threads, plus a gap in new mystery content. (Adding module/weapons carrots to chase to the Guardian stuff didn’t help either, as that just diverted the major focus onto them rather than the wider Guardian content. Thargoid stuff becoming less mystery focused probably had an impact too.)

😂😂

Yeah, I mean DD is still busy itself, but some of what were the really busy places aren’t so any more. The FR threads, well, that chunk of FR mystery stuff was concluded. The Canonn megathread slowly ebbed off, partly as a result of being split into it’s own subforum, with loads of stickies and threads, plus a gap in new mystery content. (Adding module/weapons carrots to chase to the Guardian stuff didn’t help either, as that just diverted the major focus onto them rather than the wider Guardian content. Thargoid stuff becoming less mystery focused probably had an impact too.)
Yeah, the end of the FR search and Salome et al was pretty much the last time I played seriously until this week. (although I may have been hexedited so not 100% sure about that. In fact it is quite possible I found Raxxla, and just can't remember). Noticed that most of the aliens forums seem to have stopped some months ago for the most part. Too bad.

Yes, I wasnt here for all that but it does appear that the actual Salome event and the Gnosis led to the '10 foot pole' defensive nature of Fdev for a while.....even until the new CMs came along maybe but things are starting to spice up now. Weve had one genuine 'mystery' at Halloween that was just awesome although sadly over too quick it was still awesome, and one mini mystery with a signal and an 80LY range. Both have gone down well so hopefully more is to come.

FR is still a must do for new lore players though, thats always 'current'.

@thatchino ha - you weren't expecting a question were you! I thought I saw somewhere upstream that someone mentioned that John Harper had been kicking around the forums again recently also - do you know if he has?
Ha ha! Wasn’t expecting this one at least! 😉

Honestly don’t know on this one. Think I heard that mentioned as well, but if he has been then it’s under a different forum account to the one he used to use.

Regardless, I hope he’s doing well. Always seemed like a good guy, and if the sequel to AHTW ever happens I’d definitely be buying a copy!

Top Bottom