Release Elite G19s Companion app (with simulated space traffic control)

Greetings, just a little technical question, are you using any github or your repository is elsewhere fr this app?
Oh, and are you offering any "standalone" version?

Edit: Had an issue while updating :
Capture.PNG
resolved after uninstalling previous version(3.6)

I'm getting an issue with radios, seems i cannot add a specific radio, the link works in VLC but stays blank in this app (no sound) :(
I was updating because of this issue at first, but seems it is still not working, any idea?

Last edited:
Greetings, just a little technical question, are you using any github or your repository is elsewhere fr this app?
Oh, and are you offering any "standalone" version?

I'm getting an issue with radios, seems i cannot add a specific radio, the link works in VLC but stays blank in this app (no sound) :(
I was updating because of this issue at first, but seems it is still not working, any idea?
Greetings again,
Seems i still cannot find anyway to add some radio
As said, works fine if accessed via VLC on the "Open Network Stream..." option

Code:
{
"Name": "Radio France Info",
"Url": "https://icecast.radiofrance.fr/franceinfo-midfi.mp3"
},

As said, works fine if accessed via VLC on the "Open Network Stream..." option
Code:
{
"Name": "Radio France Info",
"Url": "https://icecast.radiofrance.fr/franceinfo-midfi.mp3"
},
I'm getting in fact multiple issues with last version, first the volume cannot me changed anymore with g19 buttons as shown below (how it was working before update)
g19s.jpg

and i'm also getting visual issues
g19s-b_1.jpg

the first few characters are truncated on the keyboard screen and the window version x1(4:3) and x1(16:9) (just a visual issue though)

I'm going back to previous version hoping for an update soon, as I really need volume on the screen.

take care ! :)

Hi guys,

First of all, thank you @MagicMau for this wonderful app ! But I have an issue... The first time I used it, it worked perfectly for a few minutes and then it disappeared from my G19 screen. I tried to launch the game again : the app is not launching anymore. So i tried to delete the app's registry keys and then reinstalled it, but it still doesn't work. I can see the splash screen and the icon in the bottom right corner next to the clock, but it disappears a few seconds after and the app never launches.

Any idea ?

Hi guys,

First of all, thank you @MagicMau for this wonderful app ! But I have an issue... The first time I used it, it worked perfectly for a few minutes and then it disappeared from my G19 screen. I tried to launch the game again : the app is not launching anymore. So i tried to delete the app's registry keys and then reinstalled it, but it still doesn't work. I can see the splash screen and the icon in the bottom right corner next to the clock, but it disappears a few seconds after and the app never launches.

Any idea ?
I have the same problem Any idea ?

I have the same problem Any idea ?
Any idea ?
Hi to you both, 2 things, as @MagicMau doesn't seem to be answering for some time, I really hope he's OK.
First I noticed that the last version seems to be getting a few issues here and there, and second, when on WIndows 10 you are getting even more problems.

So best would be for those getting issues try going back to previous version 3.6.0

Hoping the best for you all, take care !

I would love option to turn off text2speech for specific kind of NPC messages - my hope would be to turn off reading supercruise messages (cruise liners, wedding barges, etc.).
(It's not possible currently by any chance?)

So this looks cool. The only thing I'm interested in is that awesome-looking orrery. Is that all updated in real time?

This looks like just the thing for navigating to coordinates on a planet. Super!

Before I dive in though just a quick question about GPS functionality. The manual says that the app takes a screen shot every 2 seconds by pressing F10 and subsequently removing the screen shot. Does that mean I cannot use F10 myself anymore? (i.e. will the app remove my screenshots as well?)

This looks like just the thing for navigating to coordinates on a planet. Super!

Before I dive in though just a quick question about GPS functionality. The manual says that the app takes a screen shot every 2 seconds by pressing F10 and subsequently removing the screen shot. Does that mean I cannot use F10 myself anymore? (i.e. will the app remove my screenshots as well?)

You shouldn't have any problems at all. I take loads of screenshots and have been running this app for many years without ever having screenshot issues.

All the best,
Evo

Ah thanks!
Do you have any experience running it beside EDDI?
You're welcome. Yes indeed. I run VA every time I'm on Elite, which has G19 and EDDI both set as plugins.

For G19s, I have the API's disabled and only running through EDDI - which then goes to ED Discovery and EDSM. I also use INARA all the time but I don't auto update that via API, but do direct updates on the site to the Frontier API.

I'm not getting any audio output from the app. It seems to be playing music (judging by the visualisation) but it appears to be sending the audio output somewhere I can't hear it. Is there any way to influence the output device it chooses? The Windows default device is pointing towards the correct one.

I'm not getting any audio output from the app. It seems to be playing music (judging by the visualisation) but it appears to be sending the audio output somewhere I can't hear it. Is there any way to influence the output device it chooses? The Windows default device is pointing towards the correct one.
No wait..it's just Spotify that won't cooperate.

Fixed..had to log in again :)

I should update the manual! For a while now, no screenshots are being harmed to provide this functionality. The game fortunately now gives quite good updates on your location.
And if you enjoy this part of the app, have a play around with the built in waypoint editor for navigating on planet and of course the race editor to create a makeshift race.

Hmm, I wonder how that works in Odyssey...

You're welcome. Yes indeed. I run VA every time I'm on Elite, which has G19 and EDDI both set as plugins.

For G19s, I have the API's disabled and only running through EDDI - which then goes to ED Discovery and EDSM. I also use INARA all the time but I don't auto update that via API, but do direct updates on the site to the Frontier API.
Yes, I was thinking about that as well. There are things I like about both tools.

I should update the manual! For a while now, no screenshots are being harmed to provide this functionality. The game fortunately now gives quite good updates on your location.
And if you enjoy this part of the app, have a play around with the built in waypoint editor for navigating on planet and of course the race editor to create a makeshift race.

Hmm, I wonder how that works in Odyssey...
Well, however it works I'm currently not even aware of anything happening under water.
I'm still getting used to the interface, but it all seems to work very nicely. Thanks for making this. It's really cool. Especially the GPS functionality is something I highly appreciate :) Spent too much time ing around planets and moons trying to get to the right spot.

So this looks cool. The only thing I'm interested in is that awesome-looking orrery. Is that all updated in real time?
Eh, sort of. Unfortunately I don't know the current in-game positions of the planets. So all I could do is calculate the orbits as precise as I could using Kepler's laws of planetary motion, and then guesstimate the location of the planets on that orbit.
If someone knows this stuff much better than I do (and I just learned it from Wikipedia) and has a better way of finding out that location, I'm eager to learn!

There is also an audio visualization option for the orrery view when playing music, which in the latest version includes a randomize button, to select a random system every 10 minutes to display (just in case you're flying through a field of boring T or M-class systems) :)

Top Bottom