Release Elite G19s Companion app (with simulated space traffic control)

I used this app daily while in Elite about a year ago. Especially the Streaming Hutton Orbital radio channel. However no sound is working since I updated it. I tried all radio channels, Spotify etc. Volume is high. Any ideas?

Quick question. I have a g510 keyboard with LCD screen. Is there a way to alter the text speed when listening to radio stations or when viewing system info in the LCD screen? Text passes too fast and is unreadable most of the time.

I used this app daily while in Elite about a year ago. Especially the Streaming Hutton Orbital radio channel. However no sound is working since I updated it. I tried all radio channels, Spotify etc. Volume is high. Any ideas?

Hi, I just released a new version to fix a number of issues. I also updated the links to Hutton Orbital and Lave Radio. Let me know if sound is working for you again!
For Spotify, with this version I recommend using the built-in player, which you can enable in Options > Audio > Spotify > Use Lightweight Player.

Quick question. I have a g510 keyboard with LCD screen. Is there a way to alter the text speed when listening to radio stations or when viewing system info in the LCD screen? Text passes too fast and is unreadable most of the time.

Good point, I'll add it to the list to fix for the next version!

Hi, I just released a new version to fix a number of issues. I also updated the links to Hutton Orbital and Lave Radio. Let me know if sound is working for you again!
For Spotify, with this version I recommend using the built-in player, which you can enable in Options > Audio > Spotify > Use Lightweight Player.

Thanks MagicMau!
I tried to install then did a clean install and got this error on install. If you need any logs let me know!

error.png

I tried to install then did a clean install and got this error on install. If you need any logs let me know!

That's not good. Can you do me a huge favor and try the following in the command prompt?

msiexec /L*v C:\Users\SenatorKelley\Desktop\EliteG19s-install-log.txt /i C:\Users\SenatorKelley\Downloads\EliteG19s-3.7.7699.31281.msi

This should produce a log file of the installation on your desktop and may give me some more clues why it's not working for you!
Thanks!

That's not good. Can you do me a huge favor and try the following in the command prompt?

msiexec /L*v C:\Users\SenatorKelley\Desktop\EliteG19s-install-log.txt /i C:\Users\SenatorKelley\Downloads\EliteG19s-3.7.7699.31281.msi

This should produce a log file of the installation on your desktop and may give me some more clues why it's not working for you!
Thanks!

MagicMau
I ended up cleaning ALL "EliteG19" from my registry and following your OP update instructions and reinstalled, and its now working and updated! I also have audio back!
Looks like it was my end not yours! Thanks for the immediate feedback! Great work on the APP!

thanks for the update! I love the voice additions!
I do have a question about soem of the features.
The FAQ says "

• Upload latest trade data to EDDN
  • Retrieve current information from EDDB
  • Use the official Frontier Companion API to download latest trade data
"
Is this searchable some how or is just the ticker?

I got the same error trying to install, even after deleting all old files and trying a fresh install.

Hi, could you run the following in a command prompt for me and copy/paste the results in an email to me? magicmau [at] gmail [dot] com?

reg query HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products

There might be an old faulty installer hanging about, and the output of the above command will help me identify which one it is :)
(If you are worried about privacy, I'm only interested in the ones where the long string of numbers and letters start with "80C69", feel free to trim out the rest)

• Upload latest trade data to EDDN
  • Retrieve current information from EDDB
  • Use the official Frontier Companion API to download latest trade data
Is this searchable some how or is just the ticker?

No, not searchable, but since it uploads all the data to EDDN (if you checked that option in the installer), you can see and search all the data on eddb.io or edsm.net!

Hi, could you run the following in a command prompt for me and copy/paste the results in an email to me? magicmau [at] gmail [dot] com?

There might be an old faulty installer hanging about, and the output of the above command will help me identify which one it is :)
(If you are worried about privacy, I'm only interested in the ones where the long string of numbers and letters start with "80C69", feel free to trim out the rest)

No, not searchable, but since it uploads all the data to EDDN (if you checked that option in the installer), you can see and search all the data on eddb.io or edsm.net!
I was able to get it working by your instructions a few pages back saying to use command prompt administrator to delete registries or something like that. It still telling me there's an update on start up but I haven't done it yet.

I did this last weekend.

Greetings, just a little technical question, are you using any github or your repository is elsewhere fr this app?
Oh, and are you offering any "standalone" version?

Edit: Had an issue while updating :
Capture.PNG
resolved after uninstalling previous version(3.6)

I'm getting an issue with radios, seems i cannot add a specific radio, the link works in VLC but stays blank in this app (no sound) :(
I was updating because of this issue at first, but seems it is still not working, any idea?

Last edited:
Greetings, just a little technical question, are you using any github or your repository is elsewhere fr this app?
Oh, and are you offering any "standalone" version?

I'm getting an issue with radios, seems i cannot add a specific radio, the link works in VLC but stays blank in this app (no sound) :(
I was updating because of this issue at first, but seems it is still not working, any idea?
Greetings again,
Seems i still cannot find anyway to add some radio
As said, works fine if accessed via VLC on the "Open Network Stream..." option

Code:
{
"Name": "Radio France Info",
"Url": "https://icecast.radiofrance.fr/franceinfo-midfi.mp3"
},

As said, works fine if accessed via VLC on the "Open Network Stream..." option
Code:
{
"Name": "Radio France Info",
"Url": "https://icecast.radiofrance.fr/franceinfo-midfi.mp3"
},
I'm getting in fact multiple issues with last version, first the volume cannot me changed anymore with g19 buttons as shown below (how it was working before update)
g19s.jpg

and i'm also getting visual issues
g19s-b_1.jpg

the first few characters are truncated on the keyboard screen and the window version x1(4:3) and x1(16:9) (just a visual issue though)

I'm going back to previous version hoping for an update soon, as I really need volume on the screen.

take care ! :)

Hi guys,

First of all, thank you @MagicMau for this wonderful app ! But I have an issue... The first time I used it, it worked perfectly for a few minutes and then it disappeared from my G19 screen. I tried to launch the game again : the app is not launching anymore. So i tried to delete the app's registry keys and then reinstalled it, but it still doesn't work. I can see the splash screen and the icon in the bottom right corner next to the clock, but it disappears a few seconds after and the app never launches.

Any idea ?

Hi guys,

First of all, thank you @MagicMau for this wonderful app ! But I have an issue... The first time I used it, it worked perfectly for a few minutes and then it disappeared from my G19 screen. I tried to launch the game again : the app is not launching anymore. So i tried to delete the app's registry keys and then reinstalled it, but it still doesn't work. I can see the splash screen and the icon in the bottom right corner next to the clock, but it disappears a few seconds after and the app never launches.

Any idea ?
I have the same problem Any idea ?

I have the same problem Any idea ?
Any idea ?
Hi to you both, 2 things, as @MagicMau doesn't seem to be answering for some time, I really hope he's OK.
First I noticed that the last version seems to be getting a few issues here and there, and second, when on WIndows 10 you are getting even more problems.

So best would be for those getting issues try going back to previous version 3.6.0

Hoping the best for you all, take care !

I would love option to turn off text2speech for specific kind of NPC messages - my hope would be to turn off reading supercruise messages (cruise liners, wedding barges, etc.).
(It's not possible currently by any chance?)

Top Bottom