Release Elite G19s Companion app (with simulated space traffic control)

Greetings @MagicMau
Nice to see you're back here!
Coule you please help me on these two issues?
I'm getting in fact multiple issues with last version, first the volume cannot me changed anymore with g19 buttons as shown below (how it was working before update)
View attachment 210386
and i'm also getting visual issues
View attachment 210387
the first few characters are truncated on the keyboard screen and the window version x1(4:3) and x1(16:9) (just a visual issue though)

I'm going back to previous version hoping for an update soon, as I really need volume on the screen.

take care ! :)
I've rolled back to previous version hoping for a patch here.
Greetings again,
Seems i still cannot find anyway to add some radio
As said, works fine if accessed via VLC on the "Open Network Stream..." option

Code:
{
"Name": "Radio France Info",
"Url": "https://icecast.radiofrance.fr/franceinfo-midfi.mp3"
},
Here I've nothing more, still no sound when on this station.
Any idea?

Greetings @MagicMau
Nice to see you're back here!
Coule you please help me on these two issues?

I've rolled back to previous version hoping for a patch here.

Here I've nothing more, still no sound when on this station.
Any idea?
@Brimston! Thank you! Radio France Info I can't get to work either, not sure why though. I will look at it further though, but no solution on the very short term I'm afraid.

The other issue should be solved in the update I posted today.

Thanks for the update to G19 MagicMau

4819823-1518296996-latest (1).jpg

1621472284913.png

@MagicMau May I know what Edge is doing in the installation process?

even better, why is the installation requiring admin access even if installed outside any system folder?

Edit 1 : There is a bug when resizing an already opened window (Option > Visuals > Current window) the moment I click "Current window" the window just goes fullscreen and crashed. When restarting app, it opens with a fullscreen window on top.

Edit 2 : Volume button still not working as in v3.6
g19s.jpg

< & > arrows have no effect.

Last edited:
View attachment 227462
@MagicMau May I know what Edge is doing in the installation process?

even better, why is the installation requiring admin access even if installed outside any system folder?

Edit 1 : There is a bug when resizing an already opened window (Option > Visuals > Current window) the moment I click "Current window" the window just goes fullscreen and crashed. When restarting app, it opens with a fullscreen window on top.

Edit 2 : Volume button still not working as in v3.6
View attachment 227467

< & > arrows have no effect.

Hi there,

The app uses a built-in browser to authenticate to the Frontier and Spotify servers, as well as to display Youtube and Twitch streams. However, as we all know, Internet Explorer (which is the default still for this), doesn't work so well anymore. So I replaced it with the new Edge Chromium version. This requires a runtime installation for people that do not have this browser installed in Windows. So that's what you see during the installation process!

Resizing current windows is a finicky process. I should really redesign a big part of that. Originally everything was meant to just stay in that little G19s window. However, over time, more and more people started to use it in a separate window. The logic in all the screens is not really designed to be resized and there are plenty of reasons to make it crash. The best way is just to create a second window and close the first one, until I have squashed all the bugs there :)

Regarding the volume buttons - you are absolutely right. There was something off there. I will provide an update today with the fix. Thanks for pointing it out to me!

PS - Can I use that very pretty and very descriptive picture? Would look very nice in a manual I think! If you don't mind, of course.

Hi!
Feel free to use the picture, I made it for you anyway :)

Concerning edge & admin request, please add an option to not install it, or why not offer the use of other browsers?
It's a little annoying to have to install your app in a sandbox to prevent edge from installing ...

Edit: I've noticed another bug, I'm using a script to start a few apps before ED including Elite G19s, and it forces opens on keyboard and in a little window so I can select radio station by mouse before starting game. It works fine but the opened windows get closed automatically as soon as I get game on fullscreen. I didn't see any crash, no other issue than window closing. but I have to reopen it each time.
I've had this issue on 3.6 too though ...

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
i have a problem... maybe small, but i can't get the applett run...

Setup Windows yesterday from zero... so only drivers, E:D, edmc and G19-Applett installed 'till now.
Applett is showing up and running fine, but only on screen, not on my G19-Screen... where's the mistake?
Is there anything i missed to set?

Thanks
NemWar

Indeed. Thanks for the info TheMindBuddah and thanks for the great work MagicMau!!!
Hi Guys,
i have a problem... maybe small, but i can't get the applett run...

Setup Windows yesterday from zero... so only drivers, E:D, edmc and G19-Applett installed 'till now.
Applett is showing up and running fine, but only on screen, not on my G19-Screen... where's the mistake?
Is there anything i missed to set?

Thanks
NemWar
Just to confirm what you've said - I've had the same thing for quite a while too butt mine was intentional as I use performance monitors on my g19 screen. I cut down the apps on my keyboard and use Elite G19s Companion on a separate screen - a 10" tablet connected via usb and acting as a monitor with an app "Twomon SE".

Maybe check out your Logitech Gaming software in the tab 'Customise LCD Display' to see if the app's disabled there like mine is.

Good luck

Hmmm, yes, it should be in there. You're running a slightly newer version than me, mine is 9.00 but either way it should work.

I can only really suggest the old fashioned method of uninstallation, reinstalling and see if that does the job.

If that doesn't work, please post back here as someone else may have had the same thing happen in the past and/or maybe able to help o7. Best of luck with your new win build

It's not even listed as Applet... maybe that's the fault?
Logitech Gaming Software Version 9.02.65
Hi NemWar. Sometimes reinstalling the LGS software seems to help (don't ask me why). The version of LGS is the same I use, so that can't be it. Otherwise, can you please turn on verbose logging and email or PM me the EliteG19s' log file? Maybe that will give a clue why it's not connecting. Details for that here: https://apps.magicmau.nl/EliteG19s/Docs/EliteG19s-Manual.html#send-log-files

Top Bottom