Please FD, just roll it back. We can all wait for it to be ready...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Doesn't look like it. There's this one (https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/12342) which has been around for years, but they let it expire without ever bothering to fix it. I assume the misplaced reticle in Horizons/Odyssey will be the same.

Aashenfox, may you can open a ticket with the Video? My Beams also just work when they want it seems. Would be nice that this will be fixed considering shooting is a little basic function in ED.

Btw. this Bug and that it´s not possible to get out of the Galaxie/System Map fast with HOTAS (scroll down stuck 4 times) is so annoying to me, that I just play Hunt and wait until this is fixed. For the Galaxie/System Map, would be nice if it´s possible to scroll UP to exit button.

Last edited:

Deleted member 182079

D
Somebody probably came by with a different mission, and the game set it up for that other player, because consistency is for the weak.
Actually, this is another major issue I have observed - if you play in Open (like I do) and pick up a mission, say to power up a settlement, another player could've picked up the same mission already (or maybe another mission that 'sets' the settement status to powered already, not sure if that's how the system works?) then you're screwed - though the magical solution of "switching it off and on again" i.e. relog works but you won't find any mats... (cool eh?) so you have to go into SC and back again to be able to do your mission.

Or you just play in Solo. Which is what Open feels like anyways now, even worse than post-FC Horizons already did outside engineer/CG locations, because players are even more spread out now than before, plus the double whammy of not instancing with Horizons players at the moment. PvPers have my genuine sympathies.

OMFG, I now get back to the power station, and the power regulator is not usable when I select the doodad, its in my inventory but not an option to transfer. So I go to my cmdr menu to check my inventory and the game soft locks. pressing exit doesn't do anything.

Just putting it out there - I am NOT part of this 'we' or 'all'.
I'm having fun with Odyssey and don't want it taken away. I honestly haven't logged into Horizons since Odyssey dropped!

Stop claiming to speak for everyone!
Me too, I could wait, but I don't want to. It workes fine for me.

Me too, I could wait, but I don't want to. It workes fine for me.
lol, just lol. Yeh, there's nothing wrong, Braben frequently makes appearances apologising for the state of the game, it's an every day event! Have you not seen the feedback, everywhere?

Last edited:
I can't even relog, cos pressing escape is bound to the menu exit button that isn't working. While in most other parts of the game, escape brings up the game menu no matter what else you are doing...task kill time, <leepicsigh>

AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! How did this get released? HOW? I'm so disappointed I want to cry. I even gave it three weeks before trying and it's still utterly unplayable.

Last edited:
I can't even relog, cos pressing escape is bound to the menu exit button that isn't working. While in most other parts of the game, escape brings up the game menu no matter what else you are doing...task kill time, <leepicshigh>

AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! How did this get released? HOW? I'm so disappointed I want to cry. I even gave it three weeks before trying and it's still utterly unplayable.
A bit late, but i think hillariously ALT+F4 brings up the main menu.

lol, just lol. Yeh, there's nothing wrong, Braben frequently makes appearances apologising for the state of the game, it's an every day event! What planet are you people living on?
On the planet with no performance issues and nice looking views. Where I have fun with Odyssey. My condolences for your problems. But I want to play now and it works.
So thank you for not have to share your opinion.

On the planet with no performance issues and nice looking views. Where I have fun with Odyssey. My condolences for your problems. But I want to play now and it works.
So thank you for not have to share your opinion.
ah I see, sorry. lol. Yeh, nah, I'm going to carry on sharing my opinion and telling all 10 of you who think the game is ok how wrong you are. kk? I mean literally, I don't know if all you've done is get out of a ship and look at the sky, but wake up, the game is hopelessly broken, look at the other threads! Read about the problems I'm having in just the last 2 pages!

I also never mentioned the performance issues I don't think, or maybe once, there are far bigger issues than that. I too am using a Ryzen 3700x and a 2080ti, performance for me is ok, but I wouldn't DARE to say it's all good when people who can't spend 2 grand on their PC are unable to play the game. Good reading job, well considered post, gg. :)

Deleted member 192138

D
I noticed this before, relogging seems to reset the state of the settlement and make all items disappear (even in lockers you haven't raided yet). To make them re-appear again (although this will not help with the lost mission item) you need to enter SC and go back to the settlement. Because, reasons.
Frontier don't want people to be able to relog to grind mats like they do at Dav's Hope, but Frontier haven't learned that the reason people do this is because people don't like the mat grind. So instead they've broken the game so that if you get a disconnect, or need to relog due to a bug (which there are plenty of), it breaks everything including the mission you're on.

I'm also in the camp of main game PvPers that has reached the point with Odyssey where I won't play it due to the bugs and flaws inherent in Odyssey gameplay, irrespective of Horizons/the state of PvP (which, we've heard of plenty of issues effecting Horizons as well, not least splitting the player base instancing which is devastating to the health of PvP). Specific to Odyssey that tipped me over the edge, it was running around infinitely to find the un-tradeable mats (goods and data) needed for engineering and upgrades - grinding through bugged gameplay loops to find this stuff and having to manage backpack and inventory size to fit things.

After hours and hours of gameplay, I still don't have the data I need for engineer access with no consistent way to secure its drops, upgrades consume health monitors and suit schematics at the same rate but I have 140 health monitors and 2 suit schematics, and the only consistent way to get data - which can't be traded for what you want - is to hope you get mission rewards for the data you need because otherwise you'll be looping the same settlement hundreds of times to try and get enough of the data you need.

But don't worry guys, they've made it so that menu logging breaks the entire settlement to guarantee you're locked into this grind.

The people in the slither of vocal forum loyalists that will defend the game 'til blue in the face can have fun repeating the same 5 radiant fetch quests in a slightly different setting for the thousandth time. But I'm not going to bother with trying to draw blood from a stone for consistent gameplay in Elite, which was already enough of an effort for quality PvP in Horizons whilst Frontier treats us like the ginger stepchild, when this is what they give us - with Odyssey splitting the player base on top of it all.

Meanwhile watching other communities gutted by the mistakes - whether it's racers on life support until Horizons gets deleted, or anarchy BGS groups that have lost years of work in the space of the week following launch. But so nice there's a token thread asking for very specific issues, as long as we don't include anything from when those factions lost everything. No going back, no fixing the problem, just going forwards.

No thanks, I'm done now.

everyone, so what is your opinion on plasma accelerators?
Plasma Accelerators are the highest damage dealer in the game. They make up for this with high heat output, high energy use and slow fire rate. They are 60% absolute damage, 20% kinetic and 20% thermal, absolute damage component ignores resistances making these weapons even stronger.

Landing a PA on an evasive opponent requires timing, positioning, ship management and aiming skills. The reticle will always show where you need to shoot to land a shot assuming the enemy stays on the same or a similar vector until the shot lands. Oh wait, sorry, that last part is now wrong. :p

I live on the planet where the bugs aren't destroying my enjoyment of the game and the performance is fine on my machine.

Frontier absolutely need to fix it so that it works for people who are finding it unplayable, but the "I can't play, so nobody else should be able to either" attitude is to me just as contemptible as people who can play fine dismissing the problems that many are facing.

I have no desire to go back to horizons and no desire whatsoever for it to be rolled back. I also want it to work properly for everyone.

I live on the planet where the bugs aren't destroying my enjoyment of the game and the performance is fine on my machine.

Frontier absolutely need to fix it so that it works for people who are finding it unplayable, but the "I can't play, so nobody else should be able to either" attitude is to me just as contemptible as people who can play fine dismissing the problems that many are facing.

I have no desire to go back to horizons and no desire whatsoever for it to be rolled back. I also want it to work properly for everyone.
You should really read the thread before putting words in my, or anyone else's mouth, nobody wants to take anything from you.

ah I see, sorry. lol. Yeh, nah, I'm going to carry on sharing my opinion and telling all 10 of you who think the game is ok how wrong you are. kk? I mean literally, I don't know if all you've done is get out of a ship and look at the sky, but wake up, the game is hopelessly broken, look at the other threads! Read about the problems I'm having in just the last 2 pages!

I also never mentioned the performance issues I don't think, or maybe once, there are far bigger issues than that. I too am using a Ryzen 3700x and a 2080ti, performance for me is ok, but I wouldn't DARE to say it's all good when people who can't spend 2 grand on their PC are unable to play the game. Good reading job, well considered post, gg. :)
You can tell me everything you like. If I am having these issues some time, I will agree, but until that, there is nothing you can say, that makes me change my mind.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom