Anyway, I decided to follow up on that idea I posted earlier and found my way over to Ptolemy, thinking there might be something people might have missed over at Barnard. I didn't find anything other than a single jump over to Galileo, which leads me to think that the whole Raxxla situation really is FDEV's grand vision finale for their exploration-focused pilots, and a couple of out of the ordinary "Align with escape vector" prompts while FSD charging out of the asteroid belts, which a few theories have mentioned as a possibility- Raxxla being a hidden planet being located in a region out of visible light and for whatever reason inaccessible to FSS. I followed it up with a trip to Ronemar in the Witch Head nebula, which is just an Alliance outpost with lots of Thargoid activity, which also led me to think about some of the theories that have tied the Thargoids to Raxxla and the INRA Thargoid connection- which I briefly touched on in one of my previous story arcs- and that weird thing that happened between me and one of the Thargoid pairs during hyper diction. With the Aegis disappearing, it made me wonder if anyone's attempted anything like bring Guardian relics into Thargoid space to get hyperdicted and then approached them, possibly triggering some signal or hidden listening-post type thing on the interceptors themselves. Anyone?

I finally visited the grave site in Tionisla. Received the encoded transmission and have been reflecting on the message.
"The vain queen rides a giraffe that remembers her daughter's hero."
The most common translations refer the vain queen to Cassiopeia, the giraffe to Camelopardalis, and the daughter's hero to Perseus. There are several links between these 3 constellations as they are in relatively close proximity with each other but I don't think it's a blatantly obvious map to anything.

Also, there is no reference of Camelopardalis in the myth of Cassiopeia offering her daughter (Andromeda) to appease a monster who is later saved by Perseus. Camelopardalis itself has no known mythology and is referred to as a "modern" constellation. I have chosen to omit Camelopardalis from my investigation as nothing more than a diversion used to create a clever riddle.

I feel the most common connection between these is Andromeda.
While mapping out the stars that make up the Andromeda constellation, I can not find the star Buna (HD 16175).

If you disagree with my reasoning I completely understand. All I am looking for is help in locating the star Buna (HD 16175). I have found no reference to it in any relation to Elite and this is really puzzling me.

Edit: Thanks to CMDR Jack Wilmslow for the alternate designation, HIP 12191. o7

Last edited:
I finally visited the grave site in Tionisla. Received the encoded transmission and have been reflecting on the message.
The most common translations refer the vain queen to Cassiopeia, the giraffe to Camelopardalis, and the daughter's hero to Perseus. There are several links between these 3 constellations as they are in relatively close proximity with each other but I don't think it's a blatantly obvious map to anything.

Also, there is no reference of Camelopardalis in the myth of Cassiopeia offering her daughter (Andromeda) to appease a monster who is later saved by Perseus. Camelopardalis itself has no known mythology and is referred to as a "modern" constellation. I have chosen to omit Camelopardalis from my investigation as nothing more than a diversion used to create a clever riddle.

While mapping out the stars that make up the Andromeda constellation, I can not find the star Buna (HD 16175).

If you disagree with my reasoning I completely understand. All I am looking for is help in locating the star Buna (HD 16175). I have found no reference to it in any relation to Elite and this is really puzzling me.

The Vain Queen stuff is from the seemingly finished Rebecca/Salome story line. Teorge has more beacons with stuff related to this story line. Probably not directly Raxxla related as the writer/author does not know any thing about Raxxla. All 88 modern constellations have at least their brightest stars in game. The game is not totally consistent on how the star's names are listed in game. Searching all the alternative names on wikipedia for a given star with a few spellings or combinations (a star with names "10 xyz" and "eta xyz" might get listed as "10 eta xyz" etc) usually gets a hit for real stars near sol.

I see you got the alternate name - ya its nice if you are looking up a star you can often just type in the HD or HIP number in and it will take you to the star even if it isnt named that.

Your star Buna didn't have its distance to Sol established until 2018. Therefore at the time of the creation if the in game galaxy in 2014 it would have had no distance data. This means it wont be in the game as FD don't have enough data to position it in 3D space. See:

Last edited:
The Vain Queen stuff is from the seemingly finished Rebecca/Salome story line. Teorge has more beacons with stuff related to this story line. Probably not directly Raxxla related as the writer/author does not know any thing about Raxxla. All 88 modern constellations have at least their brightest stars in game. The game is not totally consistent on how the star's names are listed in game. Searching all the alternative names on wikipedia for a given star with a few spellings or combinations (a star with names "10 xyz" and "eta xyz" might get listed as "10 eta xyz" etc) usually gets a hit for real stars near sol.
Yeah I suddenly realized this is a completely different mystery. I'm starting to think Raxxla is just the codename for all of Fdev's planned and implemented mysteries. Currently, my plan is to complete as many steps in each mystery to see if that yields some deeper clues or revelations.

Your star Buna didn't have its distance to Sol established until 2018. Therefore at the time of the creation if the in game galaxy in 2014 it would have had no distance data. This means it wont be in the game as FD don't have enough data to position in space. See:

And then there was Trappist-1.....

I'm not saying that your star could be in game. But if it's important enough to someone it could be

Remember the "leak" in 2019? It was correct almost 100%.

Space legs - check
no atmospheric landings - check ( tenuous atmospheres up to 0.1 don't count)
FPS style gameplay - check
Thargoids in the flesh - pending (very possible)
Base building - pending (will see)
Coming end of 2020 - check (covid delay)

and small note at the end: there is no Raxxla in Elite

link: https://www.removeddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/bewyer/frontier_developments_roadmap/

What do you think? I wouldn't be surprised if it's not in game. DB and FDevs said many things over the years that were just ....well, .

Space legs - check

link: https://www.removeddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/bewyer/frontier_developments_roadmap/

What do you think? I wouldn't be surprised if it's not in game. DB and FDevs said many things over the years that were just ....well, .
Can't see the post itself just the comments. Where does it say anything about Raxxla?

sigh it's like a telemarketing call. They know you don't care but they try anyway. Over and over.....
tenor.gif

Space legs - check

Yeah looked up the leak and there is nothing mentioned about Raxxla

Oke, did some research on those leaks. Yes, they almost all seem to be true. However, this roadmap was first posted on 14/04/2019 on a website named "4chan", a few days later on 19/04/2019 that roadmap was also posted on Reddit. In the 4chan post, nothing was mentioned of Raxxla. On the Reddit post it was mentioned that Raxxla is not in the game. It is possible the person on Reddit just copied the 4chan post and added that to add more drama. So that source is questionable.

i wonder if the Guardian Homeworld could be Raxxla. the tech on it would be game changing, at least id hope it would be game changing. who named them Guardians anyway?

Been away for a few....Come back to hear the Alexandria went to Delphi and has since then vanished mid-jump, and suddenly Guardians, Thargoids, and Humans are found by LEGENDARY EXPLORER (Truly) Cmdr NAMIX in the Trapezium sector. Inching the whole story even closer to Orion and Barnard's Loop. Orion is the goal, mark my words. The Story of the Orion connection to Egypt and the Great Pyramids, and to the Alien World and the Oisir-Raxxla is coming alive, in Elite's own beautiful way. I've been saying for over two years, Alex Ryder is Alexander the Great, you can actually find Many locations Alexander actually visited, within Elites galaxy.
This is beyond coincidence. Follow his history, in game. You just might be surprised.
"336 BC
Alexander the Great visited the Delphic Oracle wishing to hear a prophecy that he would soon conquer the entire ancient world. To his surprise the oracle refused a direct comment and asked him to come later. Furious, Alexander dragged Pythia by the hair out of the chamber until she screamed "You are invincible, my son!"
The moment he heard these words he dropped her, saying, "Now I have my answer"." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oracular_statements_from_Delphi
And He went on to "peacefully" conquer Egypt....
"Such was its reputation among the Classical Greeks that Alexander the Great journeyed there after the battle of Issus and during his occupation of Egypt, where he was declared "the son of Amun" by the oracle. Alexander thereafter considered himself divine. Even during this occupation, Amun, identified by these Greeks as a form of Zeus, continued to be the principal local deity of Thebes.".....Thebes.....Hmmm....

Top Bottom