Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 4

Last week I complained about flickering and pop-up graphics when approaching planets and moons.
It's getting much better now! Congratulations FDEV team!
Now, just the flickering shadows in this 'area'.

recommended4.png

FROM ~40 to this.
THANKS A LOT FOR RUINING THE GAME FOR ME, FDEV. MORE "OPTIMISATIONS" LIKE THIS AND THE ONLY PLAYERS THAT WILL KEEP PLAYING THE GAME WILL BE CMs ON STREAMS.

My friend, I do understand the frustration; but let's try to help in a positive way and communication.
Wwe're all in this together.

BTW, perfect the way you capture the issues, I'll try to do the same to help the dev team.

Cheers,
DP

Bit disappointed that crystals only dropping rank 1 raw mats is still not fixed, it's a known bug since Odyssey came out and has been reported multiple times :/ It's borderline game breaking.
I still think it is feature, not a bug. Materials are location-bound now, while in horizons they were "item bound", i.e. crystal shards had G5. Now G5 will have anything at exact some location to find.

I still think it is feature, not a bug. Materials are location-bound now, while in horizons they were "item bound", i.e. crystal shards had G5. Now G5 will have anything at exact some location to find.
Que? Could you reword your advice a little, you melted my brain... I too am confused about all the surface materials dropping the same stuff - how are we supposed to find jumponium now? Thankfully I have banked a lot but it will be an issue

Game is now constant light stottering at any location. Even in space, around and inside space stations. No matter what for graphic settings are set or if gamefiles are verificated. A new level of performance are now reached.

Yay, feedback time again.

Space!
  • Paint job previews are (newly?) bugged- styles not consistently loading on mouse-over
  • Still can't equip stored modules from the Outfitting screen. Have to switch to stored module screen...
  • "Sell Old Module" NEEDS TO BE OFF BY DEFAULT. Or, make "Sell old module" a SEPARATE BUTTON. There's plenty of screen space here, USE IT. I think I accidentally sold another module. At least THIS TIME, it was just a cheapo laser on a Sidewinder testbed I've been using to bug-check your new menus. Also, a buy-back menu would be nice.
  • I don't need you to change the selected button for me after I click repair...
  • Drive plumes still looking weak on Krait Mk2. See those grills? They should be lost in flame, but they're not.
20210617140539_1.jpg
  • Once-shiny stickers still flat and dull.
20210617140612_1.jpg20210617140621_1.jpg

Ground...
  • STILL running into swarms of psychic bullet sponges on salvage runs.
  • Maybe try balancing foot combat so that SRVs (or ships full of missiles) aren't the only viable option(s). Mag-dumping a sniper rifle into a target, landing every shot, and not getting a kill, wasn't fun in Borderlands, and it's not fun here.
On the plus side, the tweaks to the bookmark menu ARE improvements for a change.

Last edited:
So lets see what FPS i get after this Update.

Ryzen 9 3900x - No OC
32 GB RAM 3200mhz XMP
RTX 3060TI - No OC
Elite on SSD
3440x1440 100hz Monitor / all other Displays Disconnected
No ingame Overlays (Geforce / Steam) except FPSMonitor wich doesnt affect performance as i get the same low fps with the ingame fps counter also
Win 10 Professional x64 latest update

Settings ALL on LOW!

Ingame SS on 1.0 & 0.5 makes no difference FPS is still really really bad!

Updated all Mainboard / Chipset Drivers aswell as GPU Drivers today

This is NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! after 4 so called "performance updates" since i got 40+ FPS at launch of Odyssey!

I really feel robbed now big time.

Right listen you o7

I need to head off now because I'm prepping for the stream later and I need to get myself sorted.
It seems as though stability is coming back following the latest Steam fix, so that's great to see. Please do add a ticket to the tracker if you have further problems or reach out to CS or @FrontierHelp if you use Twitter for any account issues.

For anyone who left update feedback amidst the spiralling Sidewinders and other issues we've faced collectively today - I'll hook on to them best I can and also go through my DMs tomorrow, for those links I asked for there.

Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH for working so hard with me to talk through things and iron our any creases today. You're great.

I'll be around o7

Thank the Devs for me....

Maintenance was supposed to be 40 minutes....

in the 4-5+ hour maintenance I would have had these finished, so I get screwed again.....

20210618055726_1.jpg

Thank the Devs for me....

Maintenance was supposed to be 40 minutes....

in the 4-5+ hour maintenance I would have had these finished, so I get screwed again.....

View attachment 241497
I'll be real with you mate, never expect an ETA given for a server maintenance to be on time. Most of the time, many games have proven to be horrid at actually achieving their times and normally having issues after such maintenance has been done.

The performance issues are getting pretty frustrating and this is not something that’s system dependant. This is something that’s universal and FDEV can see it themselves with any of their own PCs as well.

Take PC A and load Horizons, any setting, any resolution, and uncapped FPS.

The take PC A and load EDO with the same settings and resolution and you’ll see your FPS are much lower.

For everyone that’s happy with their 60 FPS in EDO at 1080P, you’d probably be getting over 100 in Horizons so that doesn’t mean it’s “fixed”.

This happens to everyone, it’s a fact of the new EDO graphics. They really shouldn’t need tickets from everyone as this is something that they can easily reproduce. Come on FDEV, fix it already. You can reproduce the issue on every single one of your machines!

We're seeing some WEIRD behaviour with the "station" menu interface when you're docked - inconsistent placement of the current selection, changing from launch, to starport services randomly. Also not responding correctly to inputs.

as per this error report

(ps it was fine as it was before ;-) might be an idea to put it back how it was)

possible related to this line in the patch notes:

• Set default focus to "starport services" on docking menu.
This drives me nuts. It was perfectly fine before: dock, refuel, repair, go to hangar, open station services.
I mean, is there any reason not to refuel, repair and go to hangar after docking? The change makes this so annoying.

Confirmed https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/38942

Top Bottom