Yes, but there was apparently some initial secrecy about the meaning of the name. Why any secrecy? That’s what I find strange.

To me it suggests the name itself may be a clue...
Though I’m still in the dark! 🙂

Edit: yes, I thought we had discussed this many moons ago https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-7740549, which was my post on it.

I refer there to a previous post of mine where I had found Liqua’s original statement about the meaning and DB/MB then treating that meaning with some secrecy. My earlier post disappeared!
“Obfuscation on the older forum” perhaps?? 😉

Last edited:
I suspect the tiny bit obvious has nothing to do with the location of Raxxla. Just the existence.
Oh, I dont think SD is the location of Raxxla, but is likely the start of the storyline to reach it (i.e. via TDW). I’m just hoping DB has tested that storyline for every game release & especially after those elite missions disappeared! 😉

Oh, I dont think SD is the location of Raxxla, but is likely the start of the storyline to reach it (i.e. via TDW). I’m just hoping DB has tested that storyline for every game release & especially after those elite missions disappeared! 😉
SD could well be the only logical location for Raxxla. It is the only place that fit the 'personal journey' and the 'unless you become Elite, you'll never get to Raxxla' hints.

If it's there, unscannable, on some weird orbit, there isn't much testing that has to be done for each release. The rest of 'the story line' are probably just fragmented hints, with no connected gameplay.

@Comandante : Hi Commander. I said I'd look up the system descriptions of the permit locked systems for you to check. I've added them into my own permits list sheet here

happy theorising!

Personally- I'm wondering if it's possible to download a copy of the Codex text so I can theorise in comfort on my iPad rather than sat at my gaming PC, with my RSI playing up. Anybody any ideas???

SD could well be the only logical location for Raxxla. It is the only place that fit the 'personal journey' and the 'unless you become Elite, you'll never get to Raxxla' hints.

If it's there, unscannable, on some weird orbit, there isn't much testing that has to be done for each release. The rest of 'the story line' are probably just fragmented hints, with no connected gameplay.
It would certainly answer the “personal journey” clue, but I still suspect Raxxla is (perhaps associated with) an asteroid in Sol, hence the Martian Artefact. But the in-game story to access it may well be via SD.

@Comandante : Hi Commander. I said I'd look up the system descriptions of the permit locked systems for you to check. I've added them into my own permits list sheet here

happy theorising!

Personally- I'm wondering if it's possible to download a copy of the Codex text so I can theorise in comfort on my iPad rather than sat at my gaming PC, with my RSI playing up. Anybody any ideas???

Would that do it for you?

happy theorising!

Hi Jorki ... Out of curiousity where did Ed Lewis say the permits have a purpose?

Hi Jorki ... Out of curiousity where did Ed Lewis say the permits have a purpose?
Mmm, dont recall, lost in the mists of time. But I remember putting it in so he must have said it. Have you tried googling?

It sounds like it might have been said in a livestream though...

Edit: yep, just tried a forum search (member “Edward Lewis”) and also a Google & neither are coming up with the source so I think it must have been a livestream, from back in the days when I found them entertaining and informative (i.e. when I still watched them!).

Edit2: but just cos he said it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s true! Or serve a useful gameplay purpose, could be just for dev testing things within a livegame (I think they also have their own off-line test environment) without anyone else being able to get in & see/interfere...

Last edited:
Mmm, it sounds as though you’re assuming Raxxla is a planet. We actually have no evidence for that assumption, other than the old (& possibly retconned?) statement in Holdstock’s original TDW novella that it was a planet on which was an alien construct, a gateway to other universes...the wandering planet hypothesis is from Drew Wagars fan-fiction, and while it’s a good read it is not canon lore for ED.

The trouble with that hypothesis is that Raxxla logically should have been accessible from the gamma release, long before Horizons when pilots could finally land on planets. So, either you assume that Raxxla was not intendd to be accessible at the outset (I find that difficult to swallow, it breaks an unwritten agreement between game producer and players that mysteries should be soluble; I don’t think Michael Brookes, as an author, would have accepted that), or that Raxxla is not actually on the planet, so it might be a station orbiting the planet (in which case why do you need a planet?), or perhaps that the gateway to Raxxla is the Omphalos Rift, which is mentioned in the Codex in such a seemingly clumsy way that it must be significant.

So I suspect we need to find the Omphalos Rift to get to Raxxla. It might be anything, but to my mind is associated with an astronomical body (that fits with the original Obfuscated on the Outer Rim elite mission phrasing “...information on a certain celestial body,you know the one I mean. Place that isn't a place, door that is also the key. The myth."” ). That body may be an exoplanet, but then it might just as likely (to my mind more so-what brought the aliens to Sol who left the Mars Artefact?) be an asteroid orbiting within Sol. Whatever it is, it is not easy to find. There must be a storyline means to reach it (Michael Brookes quote), which presumably is via the DW faction, somehow.

The toast is likely a clue, or set of clues that is relevant, we need to solve them. The logo is also a clue, to my mind it suggests an asteroid in Sol (see my previous “Raxxla in Sol” hypothesis posts).
😁

Mmm... Intriguing.... Too obvious? 😜

..and...

Last edited:
Yeah but the missions does not exist anymore so is it valid?
The big issue with much of the “lore” is we never know if things are truely in or out. There is no Official lore book that we have access to… beyond the Codex and Galnet.
Just because the mission isnt offered anymore could mean anything. I think we either assume it is or isnt based on whatever pet theory we are working with at the time 😁

And just because nobody has seen those missions doesnt mean they arent still available! 😉

See my FDev quotes thread (in signature) for “Missing Elite/Founder missions (Raxxla/TDW-related)”:
Adam Bourke-Waite said in Dec 2016 “I will try to look into this, they should still be available.”
And Will, or Ed, said to the question “Will the “Founder or Elite” missions ever get added back into the game?”
“Nothing to talk about on this right now” which is suggestive.

andyJ had a thread on this topic

Either those E/F missions were too obvious and have been replacd by something else, or they were total misdirection and were deemed to be unsuitable, or they are still there but not triggering-either through another bug or because the trigger has been changed. We know Raxxla is part of an in-game storyline (see my thread ref), so I’m not overly fussed about these E/F missions per se- What is material is how to get back into the storyline.

Top Bottom