Release Elite Dangerous Market Connector (EDMC)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The problem is solved.
As soon as I changed the ship, the information on Coriolis was immediately displayed correctly. I think the reason is that some weapons are handled incorrectly on the site.
I had a problem with the anti-thargoid Anaconda. It is equipped with fragmentation weapons of the Guards and an improved missile tray with the help of an engineer. This is the reason for the failure. As soon as I changed the ship to Cutter, everything became normal.

The problem is solved.
As soon as I changed the ship, the information on Coriolis was immediately displayed correctly. I think the reason is that some weapons are handled incorrectly on the site.
I had a problem with the anti-thargoid Anaconda. It is equipped with fragmentation weapons of the Guards and an improved missile tray with the help of an engineer. This is the reason for the failure. As soon as I changed the ship to Cutter, everything became normal.
Yes, I said essentially this in https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/elite-dangerous-market-connector-edmc.548869/post-9548549 . I've also given the coriolis dev a heads-up about it, but I don't know when they'll have time to look into this.

All those experiencing the Frontier Auth issue
I've just put together a pre-release 5.2.1-rc1 which should fix this. Get it from https://github.com/EDCD/EDMarketConnector/releases/tag/Release/5.2.1-rc1

The usual caveats about Anti-Virus flagging it as a false positive apply. Just download the .msi and install (working around your AV if it gets testy).

Please report back on if this does fix the issue for you (note it would take 4 hours from initial CAPI query after program start to one that would be affected), and also if it appears to break anything else with regards to 'Update' or Frontier Authorization.

Last edited:
All those experiencing the Frontier Auth issue
I've just put together a pre-release 5.2.1-rc1 which should fix this. Get it from https://github.com/EDCD/EDMarketConnector/releases/tag/Release/5.2.1-rc1

The usual caveats about Anti-Virus flagging it as a false positive apply. Just download the .msi and install (working around your AV if it gets testy).

Please report back on if this does fix the issue for you (note it would take 4 hours from initial CAPI query after program start to one that would be affected), and also if it appears to break anything else with regards to 'Update' or Frontier Authorization.
5.2.1-rc1 has a coding error (I only tested with some new debug code active, not without). 5.2.1-rc2 which fixes this will be available shortly.

Seems to have fixed the issue. I didn't have to re-auth all day and looking at the log it seems like it successfully refreshed a few times.

I will upload the debug log from today to the issue thread on Github for you, just in case you want to see it.

Release 5.2.1
This release primarily addresses the issue of the program asking for Frontier authorization much too often.
  • Actually utilise the Frontier Refresh Token when the CAPI response is "Unauthorized". The re-factoring of this code to make CAPI queries threaded inadvertently prevented this.
Thanks to all that reported this problem, helped track it down, and tested the release candidates.

Looks like the current release is tripping Norton's heuristic detection hard for some reason. It's being flagged as "Heur.AdvML.C" although, being Norton, it's a struggle to get it to tell you exactly what it's objecting to...

Looks like the current release is tripping Norton's heuristic detection hard for some reason. It's being flagged as "Heur.AdvML.C" although, being Norton, it's a struggle to get it to tell you exactly what it's objecting to...
Sadly this sort of thing has become routine now. See https://github.com/EDCD/EDMarketCon...d-or-executables-flagged-as-malicious-viruses and for this release I uploaded it to VirusTotal myself: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...3335369b438b81c30faef7ce27d0efae886?nocache=1

I'm confident it's all false positives.

Would someone please be so kind as to tell me the last version of EDMC which runs on Windows 7?

Thank you.

But that has zero support for Odyssey features, and a fair few bugs have been fixed since as well.

Unless youir hardware literally can't run Windows 10 I strongly advise upgrading your operating system.

Hopefully buying a new rig soon(?) , so I'm a bit reticent to fork out on an upgrade. When I finally save the £2500 for a new pc, I'll get the latest vesion.

Thanks for the prompt reply. You can stop laughing, now ;)

In the last few days EDMC has failed to update system data on EDDN. It seems to have started after I updated to 5.2.1, but I can't prove 100% certain that this is the case.

Would this rather be a bug on EDMC's or EDDN's side? How would I investigate where things are going wrong?
EDMC is still updating everything else properly btw, it's only EDDN that's affected.

Well, I found the following in the logs:
Unknown status code from EDDN: None -- <Response [400]> Exception in Tkinter callback
Wouldn't that mean that EDMC isn't sending the data to EDDN in the correct format? as this is what the HTTP 400 error code stands for...
No idea what to make of that, doesn't look like my Firewall is blocking anything (checked and it is set to allow EDMC to communicate, duh)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom