Planet Zoo: Europe Pack and Update 1.8 Out Now!

Oh my god, Frontier! You have made it! Great end for an amazing year. Just as Chante promised!

A lot of us where disappointed when you announced Europe Pack because we expected some game-changer like last year with the Aquatic Pack. Something like birds or fully aquatic animals. But now, after playing this new DLC for way too long today (honestly: after Jurassic World Evolution 2 and now this, I'm slowly running out of excuses for dark circles under my eyes, when I get to work :D), I can confirm: This IS a game-changer. Not the one we expected. But a pretty welcome one. The restaurant mechanic is so good...and let's not forget folks, they gave it out for free! No DLC payment needed! I'm so happy with it. The new animals are just stunning! Once again you reached a new level of quality. They look even better than North American- and African-Pack! And then the new building-pieces, which for me are the secret highlight of this DLC.

Thank you so much, not only for this DLC and Update, but for the hole work on Planet Zoo since release. In this weird and sad times you have brought so much joy to my live. Again: Thank you so much! Please continue this amazing work!

Just one thing I encountered: I have discovered a weird bug with the restaurants: In my test game, when the employee went into his well diserved lunch-break without a replacement, no one could line up for the restaurant any more. I had to save and reload. After that the guests could line up again, still without the table assigner. I think Rudi Rennkamel had a similiar problem in his 1.8 update-video. You should take a look into this.

Thank you so much for updating the colour system to include more variations, I can't wait to see animals like the Bongo and dingo get coat variations that make them look much more unique!

This entire update had added so much amazing long needed things, the stand alone shop counters are absolutely perfect!

Attachments

• eastern_bongo_variants_by_grandechartreuse-d84r88c.png
    eastern_bongo_variants_by_grandechartreuse-d84r88c.png
    564.9 KB · Views: 126
As lots of people has already said, this is truly one of the best updates (including the DLC content) so far, and most of the good points have already been mentioned by many people, so I'll start just remarking a couple of things that have greatly surprised me:
  • All the new non-grid wall pieces, smaller than 4 meters!? I can't express how much I needed them. Not only because of all those walls with a wide lesser than 4m that you couldn't build before, but now you could, for example, build an hexagon building without using 3 different buildings because the angle can't be smaller than 90 degrees.
  • The restaurant system really looks very clever! Good balance between versatile, easy to play and beautiful to the eye.
  • The "fix" of the cypress to grassland, along with the new Mediterranean foliage, makes me very happy, as now that region is not anymore the least represented from the big bioclimatic areas of the world. However, the European grassland map is still the same as the African savannah, I hope this can be changed in future updates.
  • Also, both very beautiful and useful the new bridges for climbing animals, very realistic, and saves you a lot of pieces and waste of time if you tried to replicate it in your own.
  • The new temperate exhibit for the salamander. It's always good to have new exhibit types... Now I only want more exhibit animals, there are so few!
Now, on the bad side:
  • It's a shame every time that Frontier designs an enrichment item that is very cool, very useful and very common in zoos but they just let use it to a tiny fraction of the animals that could. It already happened with the dingo pool (which should be usable by almost any small and medium animal in the game) and the tree hammock (which should be usable by almost every animal capable of climbing trees). Every update I hope this can be changed.
    I don't know why the new climbing mountain can't be used by the Dall sheep, which has the same behaviour than its close relative the Alpine ibex. The new burrow system should also be usable by a greater number of small and medium animals, at the very least meerkats, praire dogs and both foxes.

Last edited:
Wasn't able to use the Restaurants yet but when my Computer finally works properly again, I'll name the Restaurant in my Zoo Spocks Cafe😂
What exactly do you mean by Star Trek Teleportation Restaurant? Do the Guests get teleported to their Tables?
Yes - the guest goes where no guest has gone before and literally teleport and appear at the tables - I've always liked Star Trek - so it's fine.

There is a secret black backdoor behind and up a passage way in the restaurant 6x2 grid amenity, where after the guests order/check in to the restaurant, they walk up the passage and they embark into the black void and magically transport to the tables via the (black hole) teleportation device - so cool.

You have to use the 'place table tab' in the construction of the tables and then link them - otherwise it does not link them - so I've found - super brilliant feature though and cannot wait to see what people do with this new addition.

Finally able to sit down and explore! Not even going to work on my actual zoo tonight. Just explore the new pieces, and the new features in sandbox....if no one hears from me in 48 hours someone message me, I may have shut down at the computer by trying to stay awake too long (sigh, if only true, I have to work tomorrow). :ROFLMAO:

Yes - the guest goes where no guest has gone before and literally teleport and appear at the tables - I've always liked Star Trek - so it's fine.

There is a secret black backdoor behind and up a passage way in the restaurant 6x2 grid amenity, where after the guests order/check in to the restaurant, they walk up the passage and they embark into the black void and magically transport to the tables via the (black hole) teleportation device - so cool.

You have to use the 'place table tab' in the construction of the tables and then link them - otherwise it does not link them - so I've found - super brilliant feature though and cannot wait to see what people do with this new addition.
Interesting. Can the Restaurant Tables be placed on Top of other Objects? 🤔

They stay at your Zoo for 5 years, to seek out and discover new animal species, to boldy go where all guests have gone before
5 Years are nothing compared to that one Guy I've caught (yes, this is meant literally) either littering or destroying something 😈

Interesting. Can the Restaurant Tables be placed on Top of other Objects? 🤔
Um - on paths - I have been experimenting - if you build one level over the ground floor - you can then build them on that path or second level. You are limited by the path clearance over another path - if that answers the question - you then just group select and add all of the tables together to connect to the restaurant. You are only limited by the path mechanics I think. I have put them on brick floors in scenery - there is no limitations in that respect. I love that they have three staff in the kitchen all chopping and clattering plates and bowls - best animations - very satisfying to watch.

5 Years are nothing compared to that one Guy I've caught (yes, this is meant literally) either littering or destroying something 😈
The tyranny - naughty peep:)

I'm a little confused about the badger's social requirements. It says 1-7, but up to 6 males and 6 females, or bachelor groups of up to 7 males or females. Huh?

How do you find this? Or is it just posted somewhere? I'm always curious to know how players can get into the files to see all the color mutants and other stuff like that

I did not know that this was possible, where did you get those images, if they are of other animals it would be very helpful

It is actually from a tier list that one of our community member made, images taken directly from the game files I assume:

Enjoying the update so far even though I can't actually download the DLC yet (lost my card and getting it replaced, long story...).

One thing that disappointed me was that the only compatible restaurant tables are the two new tables and that we can't link picnic benches to restaurants, unless I'm missing something.

Huh? But I have a dark black deer...
That would be the middle of the bunch I think.

Is that Arctic fox really a "rare" colour morph? Every time I see them at least one is that colour. I just assumed it was the "summer coat".
Yeah well, a better word for this list would probably be alternative colour variants, but I believe it was started when there were only albino/white animals in game so the name stucked.

It usually is. I think it's a combination of what's easiest to do and rolling out slowly to see what bugs come up when the change is in the wild.
I know, I wondered if it was planned if the wanted it to be a gimmick specific for a few species

I'd like to say, for the first time there are plsnts and animals to represent Israel (and the rest of the mediterranean) in the game, and I really appreciate it.
Despite the map, the European badger only shows European countries on the list and lacks the Asia tag.
Because of the contradiction, it’s confusing wether or not they include the Caucasian badger as a part of the European badger species or not…
I hope that they decide so, so people would be able to use Asian foliage with them.

Top Bottom