Out of Fuel? - Explorer Rescue Service, The Fuel Rats

@ Memners of the Fuel Rats here.

When I was rescued by two of your members, among which CMdr Aleethia which I still have as in-game friend, I indicated my intention to join the Fuel rats at some point.

I've managed to log in and do some stuff in your website but have been unable to fully comprehend what was needed to start drills, it will come eventually, meanwhile, I've been to Rodentia, done some trading for the Fuel rats there, managed to get myself a bounty and notoriety during bounty hunting after screwing up my first trade mission (wrong choice with a Type 7 requesting a large docking pad).

I tried to contact some of you without succes so far (where is Aleethia gone, I haven't seen her in the game for ages), still want to join but I'd like to be useful in a different way if you guys wish, by offering free full Carrier Service at a location of your choice.

It will mean for me to be able to trade, mine there or leave the carrier there and be based in CEOS where I can make the credit needed for the Carrier services and weekly upkeep.

I'm on my way back to CEOS and if my offer is of any use to you guys, just let me know, other than that, I wish what is needed to join was made just a little clearer in your website, I'm not very fast. LOL. I got myself an IRC which I wasn't able to license this month, then lost one of my disk partitions where all my Apps were stocked, long story, still have some work to do... Anyway, contact me any time about the Fleet Carrier.

Happy New Year!

Last edited:
@ Memners of the Fuel Rats here.

When I was rescued by two of your members, among which CMdr Aleethia which I still have as in-game friend, I indicated my intention to join the Fuel rats at some point.

I've managed to log in and do some stuff in your website but have been unable to fully comprehend what was needed to start drills, it will come eventually, meanwhile, I've been to Rodentia, done some trading for the Fuel rats there, managed to get myself a bounty and notoriety during bounty hunting after screwing up my first trade mission (wrong choice with a Type 7 requesting a large docking pad).

I tried to contact some of you without succes so far (where is Aleethia gone, I haven't seen her in the game for ages), still want to join but I'd like to be useful in a different way if you guys wish, by offering free full Carrier Service at a location of your choice.

It will mean for me to be able to trade, mine there or leave the carrier there and be based in CEOS where I can make the credit needed for the Carrier services and weekly upkeep.

I'm on my way back to CEOS and if my offer is of any use to you guys, just let me know, other than that, I wish what is needed to join was made just a little clearer in your website, I'm not very fast. LOL. I got myself an IRC which I wasn't able to license this month, then lost one of my disk partitions where all my Apps were stocked, long story, still have some work to do... Anyway, contact me any time about the Fleet Carrier.

Happy New Year!
Quick comment to say that I have Aleethia in my contacts and I see her online most days. Note however that I tend to play between 5am and 7am UK time so if you're on at a significantly different time of day that may be why you don't run into them. It's been a while since I've been active as a fuel rat so I can't comment on the carrier offer. Best way to contact folks is probably still via the IRC if you can get that to work.

Quick comment to say that I have Aleethia in my contacts and I see her online most days. Note however that I tend to play between 5am and 7am UK time so if you're on at a significantly different time of day that may be why you don't run into them. It's been a while since I've been active as a fuel rat so I can't comment on the carrier offer. Best way to contact folks is probably still via the IRC if you can get that to work.
Thanks! It might (or not) also be because I play exclusively solo, anyway I have tried to contact other Fuel Rats members and to set up my IRC which I did but two things happened recently; first I lost one partition on my HD and had to use a restore point which means that I lost the app because it was stored on the partition I had lost.

I have been unable to license it and it is not going to happen before next month.

So in any case it will take me some time to be able to contact them through IRC, I will try to see if I can contact Aleethia when my Carrier is on station near CEOS by logging in Open Play.

Thanks again for your reply and Happy New Year!

Aleethia is still very much active.

You can always access our IRC here: https://kiwi.fuelrats.com/ That will join you to our chat channel.

For fuel go to: https://www.fuelrats.com/i-need-fuel and click the BIG GREEN button :)
Thanks! I will try that.

For the time being I prep my arrival in Robigo and will station there, then aim for CEOS for transport missions, I need to fill up my credit and Carrier's tank and recover my Anaconda.

Your Kiwi link is asking me for a password, it looks like it is your personal link.

Last edited:
Thanks! I will try that.

For the time being I prep my arrival in Robigo and will station there, then aim for CEOS for transport missions, I need to fill up my credit and Carrier's tank and recover my Anaconda.

Your Kiwi link is asking me for a password, it looks like it is your personal link.

Try deselecting the "I have a password" checkbox.

The password option is for those who have registered, and need to enter a password to be properly identified.

Guests are allowed to access with a non-registered username

just wondering... do yall do tritium rescues as well?
i recently found myself in a predicament that could have used fuel rats help, but there is no information whether you will help with a carrier or not.

o7
I can come to the aid of anyone in trouble. If you have run out of the tritium one in a place far from the Sol - wait for my aircraft carrier and I will share Tritium with you.
If you need standard fuel or hull repairs, my ASP Explorer is always at your disposal. Just let me know if you have any problems.
At the meeting, I hope for your decency and honesty!

Last edited:

Hello all. Been out in the black for quite a bit, but just dropped by to let you know, that the Fuel Rats has recently passed 150 000 succesful rescue gigs! Woo!
ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND RESCUES!

Just let that sink in ... wow!

I still remember the "celebrating 10,000 rescues" beer mats (and even have a few left).

Incredible.

My compliments for the dedication of the fuel rats 👋!

The game will be ten years old this year. This means, on average, 15000 rescues per year, or 288 per week, or 41 per day. Let that sink in. On every average day there are 41 CMDRs out there who run out of fuel and get rescued by the Rats (not counting those who just blow themselves up or get rescued by friends). I am guessing (hoping?), with how new CMDRs get pelted with the "never fly without rebuy" and "never fly without a fuel scoop" rules, there's less daily rescues per day today than in the early years, but still... that's an impressive number. And not a good look for the education of new CMDRs :D.

Do you have statistics about the "age" of CMDRs you rescue? I would be interested in how many "veterans" call you. Me, I've had two or three close calls (I'm in my fifth year at around 3k hours), but I never ran out of fuel so far (fingers crossed).

Do you have statistics about the "age" of CMDRs you rescue? I would be interested in how many "veterans" call you.
I don't know if there are any official statistics (probably not, because I don't think this is something that can really be easily seen), but in my own experience perhaps somewhere in the ballpark of 2-5% of rescuees are experienced players. A couple of the most common reasons I have seen is not having a fuel scoop and not paying attention while jumping, and misjudging refuel stops while traveling the neutron highway on the way to Colonia and getting stranded on a non-scoopable system (most commonly a neutron star, obviously.)

Never needed the fuel rats,
Came close a couple times trying the neutron highway...
But I've yet to see a fuel rat getting fired upon ..

Do you fuel rats get much opposition from pirates in 2024?

Cause attacking a fuel rat gets you zero mercy in my book...

Cmdr Sapphice.

Do you fuel rats get much opposition from pirates in 2024?
I haven't been a rat for extraordinarily long, but during the time I have, I haven't been or witnessed a rat being attacked by another player even once. In other words, in my experience it appears to be extraordinarily rare.

So no "snickers" stories to share. :p

Top Bottom