What other games are we all playing?

I think it's one aspect of Space Engineers (and a few others), but taken a deep dive into. The mechanics are great, and I'm loving it.
I've only watched some gameplay videos, so I can't really argue on any sure footing. I just felt like, "I'm already grinding up ships in Space Engineers, so..." That said, I thought for sure Shipbreaker was a VR title when I first saw the videos. Shame it isn't, because I think that would really separate it from the pack.

Borderlands 3 was free on epic this week, so playing that

Interestingly, unless I'm missing a setting the physics/ particle effects seem to have gone backwards. in Borderlands 2 there could be thousands of particles from bullet hits that persisted on the ground for ages. I thought that was great, properly looked like you'd wrecked the place. That doesn't happen in Borderlands 3 and I can't see a setting for it

Last edited:
All three Bioshock games are free on Epic this week BTW. I know a lot of people hate epic store but my collection of free games is massive now

Anyone able to recommend any other Subnautica-like games that are pure Single Player?
I've not played it yet, but Breathedge is just about universally described as "Subnautica but in space."

Wow !! Breathedge looks cool. It looks like it simulates the skills and knowhow to live in space; in a suit; its gotta be a major effort to not die.
This looks good. The most space suit gaming (EVA) I've done is in X4. ... and that isn't much
GL HF

Wow !! Breathedge looks cool. It looks like it simulates the skills and knowhow to live in space; in a suit; its gotta be a major effort to not die.
This looks good. The most space suit gaming (EVA) I've done is in X4. ... and that isn't much
GL HF
At some point you're supposed to build a base. I'm kinda stuck on one objective and couldn't figure that one out. Looked like a trigger wouldn't fire upon solving some puzzle.
And then there is a place I seem to not be able to find again. Is protected by some bots. Navigating space in a space suit is a challenge in itself.

This game looks fun, but then I think - "It's just Space Engineers Lite, and I already own SE!"
It's the opposite of Space Engineers: You deconstruct ships. It is lite indeed because it just plays in an arena each shipbreaking session. Major additions were a couple ships and mechanics to break stuff and a storyline. Core game loop is satisfying but it's not a big game.

TSW2: Spirit of Steam

An extension that changes TSW2 fundamentally (adds steam), that appears on the day advertised and seems to be pretty complete. Here's hoping this model of expansions catches on.

Very atmospheric, already managed to run out of steam when driving (badly) and has footplates and carriages you can walk about in.

Played through BG3 EA a couple of times again.

Once with a party of rangers (good actions). Once with a mixed party of Githyanki (evil actions)

However, due to the vagaries of dice rolls, my good rangers ended up destroying the Druid grove and my evil Gith preserved it.

Still, doesn't look like it will be out of EA this year, so still limited to Act 1 only :(

Played through BG3 EA a couple of times again.

Once with a party of rangers (good actions). Once with a mixed party of Githyanki (evil actions)

However, due to the vagaries of dice rolls, my good rangers ended up destroying the Druid grove and my evil Gith preserved it.

Still, doesn't look like it will be out of EA this year, so still limited to Act 1 only :(
Waiting for it to come out of EA. Looking forward to it but no interest in replaying the first act multiple times. How's it stacking up against BG1 and/or 2?

Waiting for it to come out of EA. Looking forward to it but no interest in replaying the first act multiple times. How's it stacking up against BG1 and/or 2?

Its different. Its very much a Larian game with a D&D skin on top. But that's not a bad thing per se, i enjoyed Divinity 2 a lot.

Its certainly the prettiest of the current crop of D&D based RPGs and has some interesting mechanics. Good story so far (will have to see how it develops). Its very open world in terms of how you approach quests and go through the main quest. Which is good for those who enjoy that, bad for those who want to be told where to go and what to do.

Its been a good couple of years for D&D based RPGs though, with Kingmaker, Solasta, and BG3. I haven't tried Wrath of the Righteous because it goes into silly Epic levels and has Paragon paths and stuff, and i kind of got tired of that silliness many years ago.

Its different. Its very much a Larian game with a D&D skin on top. But that's not a bad thing per se, i enjoyed Divinity 2 a lot.

Its certainly the prettiest of the current crop of D&D based RPGs and has some interesting mechanics. Good story so far (will have to see how it develops). Its very open world in terms of how you approach quests and go through the main quest. Which is good for those who enjoy that, bad for those who want to be told where to go and what to do.

Its been a good couple of years for D&D based RPGs though, with Kingmaker, Solasta, and BG3. I haven't tried Wrath of the Righteous because it goes into silly Epic levels and has Paragon paths and stuff, and i kind of got tired of that silliness many years ago.
I just couldn't finish DoS2. Too long, too many options, long combats. In the end the game was fun but I had the feeling not to progress the thing at all. 1.5 months and I found out I had just hit about the middle mark and I abandoned the playthrough. Then it was new computer and save game on the old HDD and I never bothered porting.

I just couldn't finish DoS2. Too long, too many options, long combats. In the end the game was fun but I had the feeling not to progress the thing at all. 1.5 months and I found out I had just hit about the middle mark and I abandoned the playthrough. Then it was new computer and save game on the old HDD and I never bothered porting.

Yeah, i hit a similar wall with DoS2 as well, despite getting to Act 4, i didn't finish it. But that was probably also due to me restarting like 10 times :p

Had the same with Kingmaker, i had probably 10 save games, but only 1 made it to the very end (with one stopping just before the final dungeon).

From that perspective, Solasta is probably the best. The campaign is reasonably long, but no over long, and you can download custom adventures that only take a few hours each.

Top Bottom