ANNOUNCEMENT 2.2 Your Input Needed - Passenger Tourist Destinations

a smal red PLanet near a beautifull Orange-Red K Type Star ...... On the survace of the Planet a Nice Place to chill ..So take your next Trip to this place after hard Office work and listen to some Musik ..

Lokation : FLYEIA HYPAI FH-X C17-16
Body: A 1
Coordinates : on Survace or ( 34,4051 and -147,0116)

Same System ..Other Planet
Lokation :FLYEIA HYPAI FH-X C17-16
Body : A 3 A
Commander: CrossFire Walli

Interesting . In the same System is a VERY Close M;oon to his Primary PLanet ... A good Idea to Land on the Surface and Watch the close Mother Planet ... (Body A 3)
The Moon Orbits the Planet VERY Fast so you can watch how the Prime PLanet Flyes over the Spacecraft on Flöoor ..thats Crazy Great ..

Last edited:
Istanu 2

Location : Istanu 2 ( A lovely class Y dwarf with a massive ring system).
Itinerary: On entering the system we do a flypast of Istanu 1
3x5mGZ2
, a lovely coloured ringed gas giant. We then continue on to Istanu 2 with a stop close to the ring system.
XWp7KIY
The tour continues on to Istanu 2 C,
3gk99AC
the fantastic yellow moon and then on to a brief landing on the rocky Istanu A moon with great views of Istanu 2 the glowing class Y dwarf
MTcOz9i
. We finish with an overnight stay at Younghusband point on Istanu D.
rkDQGRj
. Here there are fantastic views of the milky way as well as some spectacular nebulae.

Cmdr: Luca

As usual images do not appear to be working . . .
Screenshot_0450.jpg

Last edited:
Location : Istanu 2 ( A lovely class Y dwarf with a massive ring system).
Itinerary: On entering the system we do a flypast of Istanu 1 , a lovely coloured ringed gas giant. We then continue on to Istanu 2 with a stop close to the ring system. The tour continues on to Istanu 2 C, the fantastic yellow moon and then on to a brief landing on the rocky Istanu A moon with great views of Istanu 2 the glowing class Y dwarf . We finish with an overnight stay at Younghusband point on Istanu D. . Here there are fantastic views of the milky way as well as some spectacular nebulae.

Cmdr: Luca

As usual images do not appear to be working . . .
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5ijzbpk9dfio8s/Screenshot_0450.jpg?dl=0

use this an and insert bb Code full size

http://www.imgbox.de/

Location. BECRUX
Planet. 8 D

A small planet in the CRUX constelation with misty lowlands and a distinctive crater I nicknamed Anzac.

CMDR Raj Matheo.
DjqUnFi.png
euhmLLV.png

Trifid of the North nebula
System: Trifid of the North sector HR-W D1-8

It is an amazing system with a huge variety of planets to check out and some very curious star formations. The views are spectacular, being able to see back across the whole galaxy, with clear views of many nebula, truly breathtaking.

One of my personal favorite sights of the system;
ZPMTctI.jpg

CMDR name: BluWolve

Last edited:
Distant Worlds Expedition Pilgrimage, follow in their footsteps!

Every basecamp on the Distant Worlds Expedition is worth visiting, but I don't think it makes sense to have each one as a separate destination. My proposal is for a cruise, to take passengers on a pilgrimage to follow in the footsteps of the DWE. Credit for the overall route obviously goes to Dr Kaii and Erimus.

Screenshots accessed by hyperlink of location details. If anyone can tell me how to embed the image from google drive in the same way as imgur that would be great.

Basecamp "Zero"
Pallaeni, A1, 57.9 / -145.5
First discovered by: Darth Vitiate

Waypoint 1 : Fine Ring Sector (Shapley 1)
Fine Ring Sector JH-V C2-4, A1, -12.71 / 70.28
First discovered by: Desktop

Waypoint 2 : The Lagoon Nebula
NGC 6530 WFI 16706, A1a, -12.71 / 70.28
First discovered by: Saturnine

Waypoint 3 : The Omega Nebula and The PW2010 Super Cluster
Omega Sector EL-Y D60, 2A, 18.44 / -139.30
First discovered by: McArthur

Waypoint 4 : The Eagle Nebula
Eagle Sector EL-Y D203, 6A, 40.36 / 167.04
First discovered by: Star Falcon

Waypoint 5 : NGC 6357
NGC 6357 Sector DL-Y E22, 2, 47.77 / -95.71
First discovered by: Xeth

Waypoint 6 : The Hollow Veil
BLAA HYPAI UC-G C12-6, 2A, 19.51 / 162.19
First discovered by: Koch Punsche and _*_

Waypoint 7 : The Greae Phio Stellar Forge

GREAE PHIO LS-L C23-221, 1B, 16.10 / -167.73
First discovered by: Kamzel

Waypoint 8 : New Botany Bay
SPEAMOEA WU-E D12-543, C1, -67.07 / -104.66
First discovered by: Tylar and Flector

Waypoint 9 - The Athaip Wisteria Nebula
ATHAIP CR-C B55-4, 2C, -15.82 / -72.29
First discovered by: Domaq

Waypoint 10 - The Amethyst Cloud
MYRIESLY EC-B C27-381, AB 3B, -70.26 / 47.59
First discovered by: Setaou

Waypoint 11 - Sagittarius A* first discovered by Zulu Romeo
STUEMEAE KM-W C1-342, 1B, 57.25 / 78.06
First discovered by: Andargor

Waypoint 12 - Altum Sagittarii
NYUENA JS-B D342, 4Fa, -66.88 / -96.00
First discovered by: Nighstrider

Waypoint 13 - The Phipoea Nebula
PHIPOEA DD-F C26-1311, 3E, 24.58 / -178.40
First discovered by: Elith

Waypoint 14 - The Dryao Chrea Stellar Remnant

DRYAO CHREA VU-P E5-7481, B3a, -19.63 / 39.73

Waypoint 15 - The Rose Nebula
EORLD BYOE YA-W E2-4084, 1B, 7.70 / -103.58
First discovered by: Phangan and Lashdan

Waypoint 16 - The Green Crystal

EOK GREE TO-Q E5-3167, 2D, 26.63 / -120.95
First discovered by: Picker and Goodolrock
Bonus - fly through a black hole!

Waypoint 17 - The Magnus Nebula
PHEIA BRIAE DK-A E303, 8, 83.40 / 35.45
First discovered by: Erimus

Waypoint 18 - The Greeroi Veil
GREEROI MD-Q D6-5, B1, -38.05 / -82.51
First discovered by: Electromagnetism

Waypoint 19 - Rendezvous Point
Rendezvous Point (formerly EACTAINDS GN-W C1-6), 5A, 9.58 / -35.59

Waypoint 20 - Oupailks Furnace
OUPAILKS BB-M C8-5, 1, 3.73 / -135.70
First discovered by: Jackie Silver and Maztr

Waypoint 21 - The Roncevaux Crossing
QAUTHEIA BA-A E0, A1a, 74.07 / 141.47
First discovered by: Allitnil

Waypoint 22 : The Sublustris Beacon
CHEAE EURL AA-A E0, 7, -48.63 / 108.72
First discovered by: Erimus

Waypoint 23 : Beagle Point
Beagle Point (formerly Ceeckia ZQ-L C24-0), 2 "Darwin's Legacy", 48.56 / -35.57

Once at Beagle Point the pilot obviously has to get the passengers back to civilisation, but since I have not yet made the trip back I can't suggest any suitable for the return journey (except either route of the Sagittarius-Carina mission).

Obviously this is a journey best done over three months with a flotilla of at least 100 ships :D

Suggested by CMDR Mad Billy.

Last edited:
Screenshots are hyperlinked unless someone can tell me how to embed an image from google drive in the same as for imgur.

Megrez - for thrill seekers, get heat damage from the three stars as well as getting hot from the constant interdictions from the lawless inhabitants.

Vegnuae YU-W b32-15, "The Blue Brothers" - 4 ringed gas giants in close proximity

These next two were already suggested by others but without screenshots:
Alpha Centauri, Proxima Centauri, Hutton Orbital - but this journey must be done without supercruise, the passenger wants to experience how it was to make the journey before FSDs were available.

Achenar 3 - anywhere on the surface - for Imperials to show how strong they are, who can stand up for longest on the >6g planet?

Submitted by CMDR Mad Billy

69 Upsilon Tauri

Hi! I'd like to submit the "69 Upsilon Tauri" System. (Distance to Sol 154 LY)

It has several brown dwarfs (and a gas giant) with beautiful rings circling three suns, two of them, a class A and class G star, are very close together.

Most remarkably perhaps is that the ninth "moon" of the fifth brown dwarf is a water world that is being terraformed. In this vast ocean there is an archipel of islands. In the orbit of this water moon is a coriolis station (terraforming) (and another moon, too). So the system has various marvelous sights: The two suns, the ring systems around brown dwarfs, and the water world with its islands. One could imagine a background story about the terraforming company promoting trips to the system for marketing incredibly high-priced real estate on the soon terraformed islands.
Or perhaps the terraforming is complete enough for "Be the first human to walk on the beach of 69 Upsilon Tauri ABC 5H" ;)

Commander Name: Galen Scott

J8HoVv6.jpg

f3vbz2p.jpg
IxMqpMJ.jpg
HsiOJGk.jpg
7PKiE4I.jpg

Last edited:
HD 19557

Large Carbon star
Gas giant with 3 landable moons close to the stars Exclusion zone.

If you are lucky you will see the star and the Gas giant in front of you when you enter the system.

BD+48 738 is a Red Giant system with a Coriolis station only 59ls away from the star making for a utterly fantastic view unlike any other (I challenge anyone to find a station orbiting a red giant that's closer). In addtion it orbits a landable planet with cities to land and rest at.

Lastly, it is the home of a very unique society named Laniakea. It's a society focused entirely on giving a place to live and work. In a vast galaxy it can be hard to find a place to call home. Whether you are looking because of war, if you have any kind of personal issues, whatever it is, as long as you are willing to help others just as they helped you, you are welcome to stay. Intolerance is the only thing we do accept.

As it is, we have a extremely diverse set of people of all religions, cultures, beliefs. We have people who made terrible decisions and want to make up for it, people who have lost everything to war, and people because of personal choices who were cast from family or even systems.

We also have a thriving scientific and exploration side to us. As we welcome people of all types, people of all kinds naturally gather in a place that welcomes forward thinking and people who are always exploring always enjoy having a place they know they will always be welcome.

Laniakea's star is nearly immeasurable in its vastness, just like our galaxy but their is always a place for you. Welcome to Laniakea.

BBuGOog.jpg

If you can excuse the poor video quality, here's what it looks like:

[video]https://1drv.ms/v/s!AllSjU7uR_k0g7pRnyTr72D5l8ysKA[/video]

I can not post a screenshot unless someone gives me one as I am currently on a circumnavigation of the galaxy.

Gamertag: I Tegernako I

Last edited:
• Location name (this should include system name, body name and lat/long if the location is on the surface).

• LTT 18046
  • LTT 18046 3
• A screenshot of the view.
qO4HmZ3.png

• Your Commander name – this will be used as a location selected by, if it’s used.

• Jak

One of a few ammonia worlds in the bubble. I'd expect all ammonia worlds, and all natural ELWs to be tourism locations for their region.

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions so far - I've grabbed the ones that caught my eye up to this point, but we can still add more! It's fine to submit more than one, although it's a big help for you to describe why that location makes a good tourist destination. Some of the sales blurb for locations has been great!

Michael

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions so far - I've grabbed the ones that caught my eye up to this point, but we can still add more! It's fine to submit more than one, although it's a big help for you to describe why that location makes a good tourist destination. Some of the sales blurb for locations has been great!

Michael

Cheers Michael, I agree that there's been some terrific suggestions here, many of which I've added to my own personal TODO list (although I should probably just wait to do them as official tourist missions now). I wish there'd been more planetary surface suggestions tho' (incredible mountains, extraordinary canyons, glittering ice sheets, precariously positioned settlements, etc).

Re: the "sales blurb", I didn't write anything for my Mitterand Hollow suggestion yet because of the following comment in the OP.

In a few weeks we’ll provide an opportunity for any travel writers to provide descriptive entries for these tourist locations – more information on that soon.

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Cheers Michael, I agree that there's been some terrific suggestions here, many of which I've added to my own personal TODO list (although I should probably just wait to do them as official tourist missions now). I wish there'd been more planetary surface suggestions tho' (incredible mountains, extraordinary canyons, glittering ice sheets, precariously positioned settlements, etc).

Re: the "sales blurb", I didn't write anything for my Mitterand Hollow suggestion yet because of the following comment in the OP.

At the moment that's looking unlikely, people are more than welcome to suggest a travel guide entry with their submission, but I won't be doing a separate thread at this stage.

Thanks!

Michael

Top Bottom