Patch Notes Update 2.3 Beta 5 Change Log

They obviously don't have NPC heads yet (I will guess that's stuff that got dropped due of time constrains) so having helmets might be fun but tedious with time.

Nice to see ship names finally getting proper function in game.

Overall nice changelog and hopefully full release not so far.

Great job FDEV!

Looking forward to release, and news of 2.4 features, and a PS4 release date, and if PSVR will be supported , and if Rift will be supported on XBO Scorpio?

(Too much?)

I don't care of player avatars, they are ugly in most as their owners in RL..

Love your Wing Commander avatar, but to call most of the Elite players ugly in real life?

Um, like how many of us have you met in real life? Were you at the most recent meetup?

I was, and that room full of CMDR's was not ugly IRL. In fact, it was quite a dashing group of CMDRs :-D

Totally agree, this is imersion breaker , it's allways nice to see character faces. Frontier please fix it!!
Edit:
Animated gifs would be even better like in Freespace 2
https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL41DE21933E906499&v=XcDNmNvtceU

Man, thanks for the clip - that was such an awesome game - someday I have to finish it!

Last edited:
They've already done it.. All we need is a toggle. Surely one of the points of the commanders is that other people can see our avatars via communication...

At times I find some of the choices and ideas re this game very odd indeed.

Oh, I agree that they could make more of player customisation - it encourages participation and would make people want more paid cosmetics. Space mirrors outside of stations to admire our lippy in. Galnet should be full of pics of players' avatars and ships as they accomplish things, and NPCs should be chattering about us: "Have you seen Dread Pirate KiteN in his custom FdL? Scary!"

I made this suggestion last week:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...n-Galnet-A-Way-To-Motivate-Cosmetic-Purchases!

What the hell...you fixed Camera Suite MOUSE ROLL in BETA 4 and now you broke it by forcing INVERTED ROLL. This is totally the opposite to how we fly.
FD are you having a laugh are you?

Also stop this procrastination and do fix the COURIER volume and/or do fix ROTATIONAL CORRECTION sound dampen - it's missing the ticking it once had but I do accept it should not kill the sound. Else there is NO POINT TO HAVE A RC TOGGLE AT ALL.

Last edited:
Great job FDEV!

Man, thanks for the clip - that was such an awesome game - someday I have to finish it!

You are welcome, this game is a pure example how Elite combat missions should evatuated , animated avatars and voices build game atmosphere. So I'm disapointed that Frontier give up this grat NPC's avatar idea and some ppl here saying is't ok.

Last edited:
You are welcome, this game is a pure example how Elite combat missions should evatuated , animated avatars and voices build game atmosphere. So I'm disapointed that Frontier give up this grat NPC's avatar idea and some ppl here saying is't ok.

I hope they don't go too far with character faces for each and every NPC unless we can toggle them .. on/off?
.. is playing havoc with my beta game - performance.

Huh? Noone gave up on anything, and noone says anything like that is ok. People are just pointing out that what you want isn't in the game, and so there is no point in asking for them to 'enable it'. It doesnt exist. Maybe later. Not now. Thats how time works. Something can exist at one point, yet not another.

I honestly dont get what is so hard about such concepts...

- - - Updated - - -

Love your Wing Commander avatar, but to call most of the Elite players ugly in real life?

Um, like how many of us have you met in real life?

Thats Kyokushin. When he doesnt get what he wants he goes all toddler-mode. You should have seen him rant for weeks after the Python nerf. [haha]

Last edited:
Always nice to have some fixes, but when will we have some answers in this thread https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/335551-Multicrew-feedback-thread/page21 on the gunner subject?

--> adding roll to the gunner view https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/339733-Can-we-add-roll-axis-to-the-turret

--> getting rid of the awfull autolock "feature" for gunner https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/339342-Will-the-gunners-quot-auto-lock-only-quot-interface-go-live

--> feedback from devs on their point of view of current gunner implementation and future improvments?

Pretty please???

This is important. Please respond devs.

Perhaps a creation of a communication panel for the idle crew member where he could check all messages with photos, such as a galnet check currently in supercruise

Yeah, be nice to get some detail on this because it sounds like a garbage idea, to be frank.

its a good compromise

its a simple solution to prevent total newly created commanders just joining a fully decked out corvette in a haz-res grind, and earning the millions of credits for a higher tier ship in a few minutes of gameplay.

the other solution would have been, rank-locking multicrew members to be somwhat in the range of the ship-owners rank -
or force what the RNGod does for me when i wing up with a friend: only spawn pirates in adder, eagle and cobra ships...

"Bounty Vouchers and Combat Bonds are now awarded to MultiCrew members based on their combat rank" -- Are you serious FDEV?

You.. you have to be kidding right?.

Do you not realize that this was a huge thing for newer players? This is the reason why my friends were going to get back into elite. This was why they liked the game again. We didn't have to worry about like this, not making enough measly credits because between a wing of 3 we got jack . So now you want to nerf it again?

I mean, seriously, do you not listen to us? This was an excellent feature. Not only did it allow newbies to join up with other people, but it released the stress of splitting bounty payouts, that frankly, are anyway.

This is ridiculous FDEV. You just cut a big feature of Multi-crew. I'd like some reasoning why instead of hiding behind that changelog of yours.

Top Bottom