Is your Launcher waiting for something?

I have 5 Options in the Launcher:

1. Install Odyssey
2. Play Horizon 3.8
3. ED
4. ED Arena
5 Combat Training.

no 4.0. I want to play Horizon 4.0

I own Odyssey but i de-installed it pretty fast. So your Launcher knows i own Odyssey. Is he waiting for me to install Odyssey again?

p.s. login logout etc. = no change
Since you own Odyssey, you don't have the option to play Horizons 4.0 (which is literally the Odyssey game client, with a few features switched off).

Since you own Odyssey, you don't have the option to play Horizons 4.0 (which is literally the Odyssey game client, with a few features switched off).
Instancing with EDH4 players is a necessary option. Forcibly separating those that bought EDO from those that did not in order to shoehorn players into buying it through peer pressure is rude and scummy.

EDH3.8 is on its last legs and won't really be maintained anymore.

Workarounds have been mentioned, but I won't talk about these.

All FDev needs to do is to add another option with a very specific command line argument. That they didn't do it is another sure sign that this is deliberate from a marketing perspective.

Last edited:
Instancing with EDH4 players is a necessary option. Forcibly separating those that bought EDO from those that did not in order to shoehorn players into buying it through peer pressure is rude and scummy.

EDH3.8 is on its last legs and won't really be maintained anymore.

Workarounds have been mentioned, but I won't talk about these.

All FDev needs to do is to add another option with a very specific command line argument. That they didn't do it is another sure sign that this is deliberate from a marketing perspective.
Yes. Imo nobody is asking to get access to the client with less features. They (or at least part of them) are asking to get access to the playerbase "trapped" in Horizons4.0 for any reason. Would it cost anything/much to FDev to give such access? I guess they will pay with reputation much more if they won't allow to.

Yes. Imo nobody is asking to get access to the client with less features. They (or at least part of them) are asking to get access to the playerbase "trapped" in Horizons4.0 for any reason. Would it cost anything/much to FDev to give such access? I guess they will pay with reputation much more if they won't allow to.
But then again, no players are "trapped" in Horizons 4.0.

i-cant-believe-this-conversation-is-still-happening.jpeg

I just wanted to say I am completely disgusted by Frontier.

Odyssey came out and flopped directly on its face to the point nobody wants to buy it, so idiots like me who bought it are being punished because we can't play in 4.0 with the majority of players. Could just offer the 4.0 modual to Odyssey owners, but no because of "reasons".

You people somehow made your dead game even more dead. Literally killed the entire point of the game. You think I played to buy another worthless ship or see another pathetic procedural planet? No, it was to hang with my buddies in space and have a good time. Congrats, you managed to patch out both those experiences with one patch.

Might be a bit old fashioned to say, but I really do hope you're proud of yourselves. I hope this is your legacy and represents everything this company is remembered for. I'll stick the rest of it in a steam review.

No, I want modual 4.0 available since it's a stripped down version of the product I already overpaid for.

So to play as we had for years, they need to give them more money for a critically maligned DLC? I know that seems sane to you, but outside of this forum that is a bad joke.

Frontiers financials are not my concern, getting a working functional product is, which is what I had before they stillbirthed Odyssey into existence.

Last edited:
No, I want modual 4.0 available since it's a stripped down version of the product I already overpaid for.

So to play as we had for years, they need to give them more money for a critically maligned DLC? I know that seems sane to you, but outside of this forum that is a bad joke.

Frontiers financials are not my concern, getting a working functional product is, which is what I had before they stillbirthed Odyssey into existence.
Lovely. I'd advise getting a hobby.

Lovely. I'd advise getting a hobby.
I'd advise you find a more constructive conversational style. You keep on doing great things buddy.
No, you need to play as you did for years. In Horizons 3.8

(not to mention that they dont want to give more money for a critically maligned DLC, they want to play a critically maligned DLC for free 😂 )
What is the problem with Frontier providing a 4.0 option to Odyssey owners exactly? What is the problem? I am a PAYING CUSTOMER who gave them MORE MONEY and because of that they are refusing to provide a FREE UPDATE that they GAVE TO THE REST their player base who DIDN'T GIVE THEM A CENT.

What is really the problem?

And yes, my group is not interested in the sorry excuse for space legs, or the amateurish FPS "content" or the completely optional on foot grind. They'll take the graphical overhaul and nothing else, why is that hard to understand?

[..] we can't play in 4.0 with the majority of players.
Where are you getting your numbers from? I was under the impression that Odyssey has the majority of players, followed by us remaining 3.8 players. While I'm sure there was a influx of players testing 4.0 for the first time with the release of the "demo", I seriously doubt they will stay there. They'll either like it enough to grab Odyssey (though perhaps not till the next sale), or return to 3.8.

Where are you getting your numbers from? I was under the impression that Odyssey has the majority of players, followed by us remaining 3.8 players. While I'm sure there was a influx of players testing 4.0 for the first time with the release of the "demo", I seriously doubt they will stay there. They'll either like it enough to grab Odyssey (though perhaps not till the next sale), or return to 3.8.
Completely beside the point where the majority of players are, the point is that they intentionally have split their audience. Why shouldn't Odyssey players not have access to 4.0?

I seriously doubt they will stay there
I seriously doubt that anyone who didn't buy Odyssey already has any intention of purchasing it after the release of 4.0. And why would they go back to 3.8 when the new in-world narrative stuff will be off limits and support will likely end sooner in 3,8? No, I think you are horribly mistaken thinking anyone sees 4.0 as a "demo" and not simply the next big patch for the game. They will move to 4.0 and stay in 4.0 because that is the currently supported module.

Top Bottom