In Arque we still want to get into conflict with Arque Commodities to gain an asset
Yesterday I managed 49 Inf in Arque to try to squeeze Arque Commodities. That's no small feat given the mostly low-Inf missions being offered. And yet, the numbers show that we moved from 10.7% to 10.4%. Not quite treading water there.

This is today's INF graph for Phra Lak. Can anyone explain the coincident dip to 0%? I deselected other factions and stretched the horizontal axis just to reduce crowding on the graph a little bit. If I un-deselect the other factions to show them on the graph they all show the dip. Curious...

Phra Lak BGS state Nov 14 2020.jpg

Graph credit: Inara

Yesterday I managed 49 Inf in Arque to try to squeeze Arque Commodities. That's no small feat given the mostly low-Inf missions being offered. And yet, the numbers show that we moved from 10.7% to 10.4%. Not quite treading water there.
Given that Arque is an engineer system, is there a chance we're beating our heads against some special BGS rules here? Or, perhaps the addition player traffic means more missions are being done for all factions making it harder for our work to make a difference.

Last edited:
This is today's INF graph for Phra Lak. Can anyone explain the coincident dip to 0%? I deselected other factions and stretched the horizontal axis just to reduce crowding on the graph a little bit. If I un-deselect the other factions to show them on the graph they all show the dip. Curious...
I was looking at that yesterday too. I don't think it's the day the tick went weird so maybe INARA had a glitch.
Lots of easy mid level inf missions yesterday, so a fun couple of hours being Hermes (the Greek god, not the terrible UK courier).

Most likely a bug of Inara
Yes - Inara does have those dips occasionally. Not sure why as I don't see similar in source EDDN data.

elitebgs.app is much better for this sort of tracking.

Given that Arque is an engineer system, is there a chance we're beating our heads against some special BGS rules here?
No. None at all. Please do not leap to "special BGS rules" as an explanation for slow progress, sliding back slightly, or similar - it will make you really easy to demoralise if you get to the stage of having actual player enemies. I have four engineer systems near me and they all behave perfectly normally.

Or, perhaps the addition player traffic means more missions are being done for all factions making it harder for our work to make a difference.
It's this one. Arque has extremely high player traffic [1], your faction has no assets, the other faction you're trying to chase has a very nice trade/exploration drop-off station basically equal to the primary and gets some benefit from superpower bounties as well as normal KWS bounties. Meanwhile you've got missions and perhaps some bounties.

It's probably slightly easier than Shinrarta was - you're working around 10-20% influence levels rather than 35-45% ... background traffic is probably a bit lower ... and the much lower population means that one lucky day's swing of influence could theoretically be enough to get you the lock. But on the other hand you have much less strength in the system to start with so you benefit far less from passing traffic than they do.

[1] I'd guess four figures, based on what I can see here? That's a lot of "default balance" to push against. Even low triple figure traffic can make systems extremely stable.

Taken from the Standing orders on the Elite Week Discord https://discord.gg/Wtgnsbq

Orders 15 Nov - 16 Nov 3306

Finally! In our second try and lots of efforts of you guys and the legions we have arrived in Lave. We are now at war with Orerve Universal Limited, the last step of repulsing them out of Lave. Fight for The Dark Wheel.

In Phra Lak we have won the election and are now in control of the system. We will now push us into expansion state.
In Arque we still want to get into conflict with Arque Commodities to gain an asset, we will later give that asset to our ally ARrC. Please do some missions for TDW there.
In Anyanwu Alliance of LTT 5419 are now in a war with a native faction. Please help them win this war.

Please remember:
Do NOT work for other factions in our systems, unless requested in the orders.
Do NOT hand in bounties for any faction other than The Dark Wheel in our systems.
Do NOT hand in trade goods or cartography data to stations that we do not own.

Tasks for today:

Bounty Hunting & Combat:
  • Bounty Hunting in any of our controlled systems. (Anyanwu has a CNB). Hand in to Phra Lak.
  • CZ in Lave, fight for The Dark Wheel.
  • CZ in Anyanwu, fight for Alliance of LTT 5419.

Commodity Trading
- Profitable trades into Schiltberger Station in Phra Lak.

Missions & Passengers
  • Missions for The Dark Wheel in Phra Lak.
  • Missions for The Dark Wheel in Arque.

Exploration Data:
- Hand in to Schiltberger Station in Phra Lak.

Please continue to use EDMC or similar tools to keep local data up to date.

Keep Turning The Wheel, Hamsters!

That was the first time I've seen a system change in real time - just got back to Phra Lak having run several election missions and it went green!
Currently moving my ships to the system, complete with 1mill of TDW bounties & some explo data I've been saving up.

Onwards to LFT509 :)

I want to in particular call out the amazing work done by The Black Sky Legion and the Rabid Hamsters in and around Lave as well as all of you commanders here who were helping with this herculean task! Most especially I want to thank Micha Maverick for spending HOURS each day monitoring the expansion cube and keeping things on track for this incredibly difficult jump into Lave. Now we will kick out OUL and climb up a bit to safely take our place as #2 in Lave. I have seen some people suggest that we should take over Lave to test something and I would like to clearly state so there is no confusion. We are guests of the Lave Radio Navy in THEIR system and we will not take any actions to harm them or contest control in their home. We will, as always, seek to be a good neighbor and friend to any PMF's whose system we happen to enter.

Secondly, with regard to the frustrations being felt by the people attempting to work Arque, I completely understand the struggle and I do most certainly think this is due to a "Special BGS Situation." But unlike Shinrarta or other PERMIT LOCK systems, I believe that this "special situation" is simply the existence of a very popular engineer in a system playing havoc with INF in that system as a whole. Our main force of Legions is currently going to be engaged for a few days prepping Phra Lak for expansion so please do not break your back trying to carry all that weight alone. Come join us in Phra Lak and after a few days when we get Phra Lak pending Expansion, I feel that will be the perfect time to direct the Legions on Arque where we can provide overwhelming force to the INF in the system to climb all the way up to CONFLICT with ARCC. Immediately upon engaging in conflict with ARCC we will abandon all work in the Arque system so that we lose this conflict thereby transferring ownership of the asset they asked us to pick up along the way for them and we will then settle into our rightful place of #2 in the system well out of conflict range with ARCC as the rightful system owners. Likewise now is the perfect time for people to go have some fun warring it up in Lave and getting us to climb there. I will absolutely publicize a time within the next week when we will be focusing Arque hard so that you guys don't get discouraged fighting the stream alone and when we do that come and join us and get your revenge on that system for your frustrations! :devilish:

In the meantime here is this week's show que'd up to the TDW segment but I must warn that while the rest of the show was jam-packed this week the TDW section was kinda light because we were all just waiting around for the expansion into Lave. Thankfully that all worked out perfectly on today's tick thanks to God, The Universe, and Micha Maverick pulling for us! :cool:

Source: https://youtu.be/dqkHqv118iQ?t=2894

Taken from the Standing orders on the Elite Week Discord https://discord.gg/Wtgnsbq

Orders 16 Nov - 17 Nov 3306

In Lave we are now leading 1-0 in out invasion war with Orerve Universal Limited. Fight for The Dark Wheel.
In Phra Lak we will now push us into expansion state for the next step to LFT 509.
In LTT 5455 we are too high in influence. Please do some missions for Wolf 562 Major Inc to push them and soak inf from TDW.
In Turdetani we lost a lot of inf (15% expansion tax) so have to push us a bit.
In Arque we still want to get into conflict with Arque Commodities to gain an asset, we will later give that asset to our ally ARrC. Please do some missions for TDW there.
In LHS 397 Sol Workers' Party are now in an election with a native faction. Do some peaceful missions to help them win.
In Anyanwu Alliance of LTT 5419 are now leading 1-0 in a war with a native faction. Please help them win this war.

Please remember:
Do NOT hand in bounties for any faction other than The Dark Wheel in our systems.

Tasks for today:

Bounty Hunting & Combat:
  • Bounty Hunting in any of our controlled systems. (Anyanwu has a CNB). Hand in to Phra Lak or Turdetani.

Commodity Trading

Missions & Passengers
  • Missions for The Dark Wheel in Turdetani.
  • Missions for Wolf 562 Major Inc in LTT 5455.
  • Peaceful missions for Sol Workers' Party in LHS 397.

Exploration Data:

Last edited:
Given that Arque is an engineer system...
When I read your post, the 1st thing that popped into my head immediately was that the normal traffic was the culprit. I just blanked on that detail about Arque being an engineer system.
Then I read Ian's post verifying my thoughts about that.
Right after that, I thought: well maybe we'll have to do a concentrated effort like we tried in Shinrarta.
...and then I read Kai's post.

This is like hopscotch...
...for ED. At least we're on the same galactic plane! 🌌

...and now I think I'll move on to another system like Phra Lak or...
... Lave!

Given that Arque is an engineer system, is there a chance we're beating our heads against some special BGS rules here? Or, perhaps the addition player traffic means more missions are being done for all factions making it harder for our work to make a difference.

No specials whatsoever we could confirm. As you may know, we took control of Arque not too long ago so we know what we're talking about.
It was hard work and took a common effort of many of our CMDRs, but no unusual effects were observed in the process.

Congratz for your success with Lave, btw. (y)

Thanks for the info! I never thought my idle question would be quite so interesting.

I've got my imperial space cow out on some mining runs and I took along some Arque missions. Might as well nudge the Wheel while I refill my pockets.

Last edited:

Orders 17 Nov - 18 Nov 3306

In Phra Lak (46.3%) we will now push us into expansion state for the next step to LFT 509.
In Lave we are now leading 2-0 in out invasion war with Orerve Universal Limited. Fight for The Dark Wheel.
In Turdetani we gained nearly 10% since last tick (now 44.6%). A little bit more work should bring us to around 50%.
In LHS 397 Sol Workers' Party have lost the first day (0-1) of their elections against a native faction. Do some peaceful missions to help them win.
In Anyanwu Alliance of LTT 5419 are now leading 2-0 in a war with a native faction. Please help them win this war.

Please remember:

Tasks for today:

Bounty Hunting & Combat:
  • Bounty Hunting in any of our controlled systems. (Anyanwu has a CNB). Hand in to Phra Lak.

Commodity Trading

Missions & Passengers

Exploration Data:

Orders 18 Nov - 19 Nov 3306

In Phra Lak we gained 6.9%, now at 53.2%. Help to push us into expansion state for the next step to LFT 509.
In Lave we are now leading 3-0 in our invasion war with Orerve Universal Limited. Fight one more day for The Dark Wheel.
In LHS 397 Sol Workers' Party now at draw (1-1) in their elections against a native faction. Do some peaceful missions to help them win.
In Anyanwu Alliance of LTT 5419 are now leading 3-0 in a war with a native faction. Please help them win this war.

Please remember:

Tasks for today:

Bounty Hunting & Combat:

Commodity Trading

Missions & Passengers

Exploration Data:

Orders 19 Nov - 20 Nov 3306

In Phra Lak we gained 4.1%, now at 57.3%. Help to push us into expansion state for the next step to LFT 509.
In Lave we have won our invasion war in a clean sweep and are now #2 in system, but we need another push to be safe not to get in conflict with #3.
In LHS 397 Sol Workers' Party now leading (2-1) in their elections against a native faction. Do some peaceful missions to help them win.
In Anyanwu Alliance of LTT 5419 have won their war with a native faction in a clean sweep. Thanks for your help.

Please remember:

Tasks for today:

Bounty Hunting & Combat:
- Bounty Hunting in any of our controlled systems. (Anyanwu has a CNB). Hand in to Phra Lak or Lave.

Commodity Trading

Missions & Passengers
  • Missions for The Dark Wheel in Lave. (EDIT: missing originally and added Nov. 20th, 11:14 UTC)

Exploration Data:

Last edited:
There was one CZ in Lave and it seems to be gone now? I'm not sure what to do with the massacre mission I was allowed to accept a minute before the CZ was removed?

Top Bottom