That was a point I was trying to make earlier. It's never happened before, so that on its own may have been cause for something else to change. It could be able clue or hint. Anyway, it still can't be ruled out at this point, so just keep your eyes open.
It's never happened before as the result of deliberate attempts to do so publicised on the forums and elsewhere.

But it happened at least once before or you wouldn't have been able to start from LFT 926 in the first place.

(True, this is the first time that TDW has expanded from a system it controls, or expanded by invasion, or expanded to a system controlled by a non-native Federal faction. All events are technically unprecedented)

I've been running some missions for Anyanwu Life Group per today's standing orders and it's been quite profitable. I've had several 6M+ Credit missions and even a few in the 8M range. It helps that the outposts there produce Insulating Membrane. I think I made about 30 million and hopefully helped push that group toward a conflict state.

This is great news. 🤝 I'll redeem my bounties from last night in LF926. There's more to earn anyway.

@Lyvan Kitaen & @Capt Bellinger : thanks for placing your FCs in the new system. I'm sure you'll see me use their facilities in the near future! * I'm glad the state of the game allowed you to do that at this time. (All 3 FC names are familiar just from traveling around in recent gaming sessions.)

@Ian Doncaster : I really appreciate the clarifications that you've contributed.

Clearly many contributors deserve thanks for helping this step succeed. 🍻 May we take yet another couple of steps. Other than the obvious one that's planned, I can't help but be excited about the step towards Lave (probably due in part to my play back in the very beginning days of Elite).

Hope to see some of you out there in our neighborhood... 🚀

* Edit: FCs should have guestbooks that (real) visitors could sign. I think that would be cool...

Edit2: here's the news...
TDW expanded into Anyanwu from LFT926.jpg

Last edited:
The Macguffin and Not Compensating
both have repair, rearm, refuel, and shipyards

That's great!
I'll make sure to make some donations to your Carrier during this event.
Right now I'm still operating from LFT 926 but when things start to get tense tomorow in Anyanwu then I'll park some ships aboard your FC.
The big guns, Corvette and Cutter and a small one so I can deliver the bonds at the outposts.

It's never happened before as the result of deliberate attempts to do so publicised on the forums and elsewhere.

But it happened at least once before or you wouldn't have been able to start from LFT 926 in the first place.

(True, this is the first time that TDW has expanded from a system it controls, or expanded by invasion, or expanded to a system controlled by a non-native Federal faction. All events are technically unprecedented)

Are we sure Fdev didn't place TDW outside Shin Dez during an update but that other players expanded them to lft 926?
Fdev recently added Aegis Core to Sol too.
Any ways, it's a great achievment, I wonder what hapoens when TDW gets closer to Sol or Lave.

A BGS learning opportunity fur sure so I'm interested in the way this works: TDW enters the Anyanwu system at 5% INF and enters into conflict with the Earls, rather than entering at the bottom. That puts TDW ahead of two other factions as soon as it arrives. How is that determined?

TDW expanded into Anyanwu from LFT926 pic02.jpg

A BGS learning opportunity fur sure so I'm interested in the way this works: TDW enters the Anyanwu system at 5% INF and enters into conflict with the Earls, rather than entering at the bottom. That puts TDW ahead of two other factions as soon as it arrives. How is that determined?

View attachment 180328
We could only enter (I believe) at the level of a non-native faction under a certain % because the system was already at 7 factions. Those lower factions are native and cannot be forced out.

That's great!
I'll make sure to make some donations to your Carrier during this event.
Right now I'm still operating from LFT 926 but when things start to get tense tomorow in Anyanwu then I'll park some ships aboard your FC.
The big guns, Corvette and Cutter and a small one so I can deliver the bonds at the outposts.
Guess I should clear a bit of space in the tritium tank then :)

Hmmm... Evidently you can't take tritium out of your tank. You can only put it in. (or at least I don't see an option to take any out)
No big deal. Just something to remember in the future.

Last edited:
Are we sure Fdev didn't place TDW outside Shin Dez during an update but that other players expanded them to lft 926?
Checking the history in elitebgs.app TDW had a sudden spike in influence between 13 Dec 2018 and 18 Dec 2018 to a peak of 78.3% which triggered an expansion to LFT 926 (the closest inhabited system) under the normal rules and timing.

The spike was anomalous but half the galaxy had anomalous influence swings that week because of the chaos caused by the 3.3 BGS rewrite going live.
elitebgs.app only goes back to mid-October 2017 but there's no sign that TDW had been out of Shinrarta before then (anything 2017 or earlier Pilots Fed would have been an influence-holding faction, which would have made it basically impossible for them to expand normally)

So far all TDW behaviour appears to have been the normal "aggregate of player activity" rules, nothing to distinguish it from any other faction of its type. This is a good thing for planning purposes - getting to Anyanwu was impressive, getting to Anyanwu without knowing the BGS rules under which TDW operates would have been impossible.

(I would be incredibly surprised if TDW had any BGS rule differences at all. That's not to say that this operation is pointless, just that if you do the right thing then what happens next will happen somewhat outside of the BGS framework, rather than through an ancient dormant exception coded into it: almost certainly much easier and safer for Frontier to handle it that way)

For a normal expansion, you enter the system on about 7-9%. What determines the exact value is not currently known (you used to be able to boost it by selling lots of exploration data to the expansion source system, but that doesn't seem to work any more). Entering ahead of at least some existing factions is usual.

For an invasion, it seems to be to take the average of what that would have been, what the target faction was on, and clamp both factions together on that for the conflict, so you end up a bit lower than you normally would have.

Guess I should clear a bit of space in the tritium tank then :)

Hmmm... Evidently you can't take tritium out of your tank. You can only put it in. (or at least I don't see an option to take any out)
No big deal. Just something to remember in the future.

I don't know if you have a commodity market on board, you could set the lowest buy price for Tritium, I can then off load a couple hundred tons at the time with my Cutter and you can sell them for a higher price or keep it.

I don't know if you have a commodity market on board, you could set the lowest buy price for Tritium, I can then off load a couple hundred tons at the time with my Cutter and you can sell them for a higher price or keep it.

It's ok, I don't need anything from people helping with TDW. I just consider it as doing my part to help. Both of my characters have more credits than they know what to do with as it is.

For those who may need it, my carrier 'The Deep Fix' is stationed off Anyanwu 2 B and has repair and restock facilities. No outfitting or shipyard, I'm afraid - FDev just haven't made that functionality usable.
Thanks for bringing your FC to Anyanwu. I docked for the night!

The two factions in LFT 926 were generous with INF5 missions today. I managed 82 INF for CIA today. I hope their position in the pecking order is relatively good. I ran into @Gaeraew a couple of times in LFT92 & Nuenets!
Looking forward to the action here tomorrow...

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders!

What a Historic day for TDW, and on Elite-Day no less! (07/07)

Well, We have settled into our new FOB (Forward Operating Base) at Anyanwu System and I am writing this message from Delbruck Outpost in orbit of Anyanwu 2b. This is to be home for a few weeks so I wanted to get a feel for the place after a LONG day of work punctuated by a short break to join my friends D2EA and Dubbs on Astro's stream to steal some Sap 8 Cores (
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2BIUfvOyqM
)
I wanted to congratulate everyone who worked so hard for our triumphant expansion on our way to Way-point 1-Sol. Anyanwu was exactly where we wanted to land and at 19 ly from LFT 926 it was near maximum distance we could achieve! There were many who knew that TDW was locked to Shindez and 926 and that we were wasting our time. We have overcome this resistance as we will continue to overcome in our relentless pursuit of our goals. Rather than gloat or be negative we rather choose to embrace those whom said that this couldn't be done and welcome them to join in our cause to prove that yet other goals thought impossible are indeed achievable if we continue to refuse to accept failure as an option! To that end I would like to thank you all again and as I see that Crypto has already diligently posted the #Standing-Orders from the Elite Week Discord channel (where you can join if you wish to see these changes the second they are posted) and that several others are bringing carriers and various other resources in system I wish to thank them all for these actions above and beyond the call!

I am also quite pleased to announce that the official FC in support of this project "Elite Week-1 (TDW) [KNQ-L2B]" is currently on station a mere 6.5 Ls away from the FOB. This Fleet Carrier which is fully equipped with all relevant services (SHIPYARD, OUTFITTING, REPAIR, REFUEL, REARM, UNIVERSAL CARTOGRAPHICS) and is permanently set to NO TARIFF and OPEN TO ALL will remain on station in close support of this project and continue to move to the active system for TDW project for months offering dedicated support to all commanders turning the wheel. Please note that UC is available for those rare times when you might want the instant convenience but we do ask that you normally drop off UC data at a location for the benefit of TDW as will be stated in #Standing-Orders channel!

*NOTE: The ONE exception to this statement is that I have made a prior commitment to lend my FC to the BuckeyBall Race Club for 10 days in July (FROM July 16th to 26th) to support their "Key's to the Carrier" Race. For those 10 days the carrier will be offsite but will immediately return on the 27th to be fully dedicated to this project for the entire time it remains active.

So we expanded exactly where we wanted to now lets look at why we wanted this system.
1. NO PMF IN SYSTEM. This allows us to come in take over and play thru without disrupting any players! This project is dedicated to minimizing damage to other players.
2. SMALL POPULATION. This allows us to hit the system hard and fast. We have engineered a situation where we should be able to take advantage of a couple wars to leapfrog right over the other factions and take control of the system in a week. In addition, the extra needed INF gains to push Anyanwu into expansion should be very achievable based on system population.

While we are doing all of this, LFT 926 is still in expansion territory and we will be looking to capitalize on this to secure our first expansion toward Way-point 3-Lave. Once accomplished we will let that expansion sit for a while as we will be focused largely upon going to Way-point 1-Sol and Way-point 2-LFT 509 but securing this beachhead now will save us valuable time later in the project.

So all in all, I am quite happy to report complete success of every objective thus far in our timeline and I hope to continue to bring good news in the coming days. Thanks again for all of your support and lets all keep Turning that Wheel! ;)

0di6wycaee951.png

Greetings Commanders!

What a Historic day for TDW, and on Elite-Day no less! (07/07)

Well, We have settled into our new FOB (Forward Operating Base) at Anyanwu System and I am writing this message from Delbruck Outpost in orbit of Anyanwu 2b. This is to be home for a few weeks so I wanted to get a feel for the place after a LONG day of work punctuated by a short break to join my friends D2EA and Dubbs on Astro's stream to steal some Sap 8 Cores (
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2BIUfvOyqM
)
I wanted to congratulate everyone who worked so hard for our triumphant expansion on our way to Way-point 1-Sol. Anyanwu was exactly where we wanted to land and at 19 ly from LFT 926 it was near maximum distance we could achieve! There were many who knew that TDW was locked to Shindez and 926 and that we were wasting our time. We have overcome this resistance as we will continue to overcome in our relentless pursuit of our goals. Rather than gloat or be negative we rather choose to embrace those whom said that this couldn't be done and welcome them to join in our cause to prove that yet other goals thought impossible are indeed achievable if we continue to refuse to accept failure as an option! To that end I would like to thank you all again and as I see that Crypto has already diligently posted the #Standing-Orders from the Elite Week Discord channel (where you can join if you wish to see these changes the second they are posted) and that several others are bringing carriers and various other resources in system I wish to thank them all for these actions above and beyond the call!

I am also quite pleased to announce that the official FC in support of this project "Elite Week-1 (TDW) [KNQ-L2B]" is currently on station a mere 6.5 Ls away from the FOB. This Fleet Carrier which is fully equipped with all relevant services (SHIPYARD, OUTFITTING, REPAIR, REFUEL, REARM, UNIVERSAL CARTOGRAPHICS) and is permanently set to NO TARIFF and OPEN TO ALL will remain on station in close support of this project and continue to move to the active system for TDW project for months offering dedicated support to all commanders turning the wheel. Please note that UC is available for those rare times when you might want the instant convenience but we do ask that you normally drop off UC data at a location for the benefit of TDW as will be stated in #Standing-Orders channel!

*NOTE: The ONE exception to this statement is that I have made a prior commitment to lend my FC to the BuckeyBall Race Club for 10 days in July (FROM July 16th to 26th) to support their "Key's to the Carrier" Race. For those 10 days the carrier will be offsite but will immediately return on the 27th to be fully dedicated to this project for the entire time it remains active.

So we expanded exactly where we wanted to now lets look at why we wanted this system.
1. NO PMF IN SYSTEM. This allows us to come in take over and play thru without disrupting any players! This project is dedicated to minimizing damage to other players.
2. SMALL POPULATION. This allows us to hit the system hard and fast. We have engineered a situation where we should be able to take advantage of a couple wars to leapfrog right over the other factions and take control of the system in a week. In addition, the extra needed INF gains to push Anyanwu into expansion should be very achievable based on system population.

While we are doing all of this, LFT 926 is still in expansion territory and we will be looking to capitalize on this to secure our first expansion toward Way-point 3-Lave. Once accomplished we will let that expansion sit for a while as we will be focused largely upon going to Way-point 1-Sol and Way-point 2-LFT 509 but securing this beachhead now will save us valuable time later in the project.

So all in all, I am quite happy to report complete success of every objective thus far in our timeline and I hope to continue to bring good news in the coming days. Thanks again for all of your support and lets all keep Turning that Wheel! ;)

0di6wycaee951.png
Firstly I'd like to thank you guys for putting this together and I'm delighted we're now doing something so many said couldn't be done and even if this leads nowhere (hope I'm wrong, I usually am according to the wife) it's already been enjoyable, it's also gotten me back in love with combat so added bonus. Loved the SAP8 stream with D2EA

Top Bottom