Alec's best of the forum (and elsewhere) [v2]

Trending: Fleet carrier news, Dav Stott's BGS Discovery Scanner, The Hull Seals and a three billion credit reward (plus £10 store credit) for anyone who can beat the top times on the Pomeche Ridge Challenge.

Added the ED Tools "Miner" to the "other 3rd party sites and tools" section. Handy site for finding the best place to sell those void opals ... you know .... 'cos I got a hunch people are going to want to start earning some serious money soon.

May I propose this thread for consideration? This one really shines bright : )

May I propose this thread for consideration? This one really shines bright : )

Awesome! :ROFLMAO: Now Trending!

Not "Trending" as such (since there's no ongoing forum debate) but a few fairly exciting bits of racing news (if you're into that kind of thing).

Firstly - the Buckyball Racing Club have a new home on Discord over here: https://discord.gg/YwxcsCf
Essentially our old server was looking a bit tatty and lacking any active admins so (with the help of @MAD-7) we've moved.

Secondly - the Buckyball Racing Club now have new standing challenge (alongside the A* Challenge and the Pomeche Ridge Challenge) for those of you out in Colonia: The Colonia Trophy Dash

And lastly, @PrimetimeCasual and those crazy Speedbowlers are back again!
More details on that over the coming weeks.

Trending: Dav Stott answers more questions about his BGS Discovery Scanner presentation.

Oh, and there's a nice new article about Elite in Kotaku which is doing the rounds. Actually, having just done some research I realise it's not new at all - it's a blog post from April last year which Kotaku have just republished. I'll link the original ..

Elite Dangerous And The Silent Euphoria Of Leaving Earth Behind (aka "Why Everyone Should Play Elite Dangerous").

September update launches on the 18th. Livestream info here:

Trending: a new record time of just 1hr 52m 10s for the run from Sol to Sagittarius A*, Brett C is leaving, there's an expedtion celebrating early astronomy by visiting real places in the ED galaxy and Frontier have another record breaking year.

Also, I've added another new thread of new player hints and tips to the "manuals, guides and other stuff for new players" section.

Oh, and don't forget to watch next week's Frontier livestream which will feature Adam Woods talking about the September update (and indeed tonight's episode featuring Cmdr JackLyttle).

Oh, and I hit 1,000,000,000 credits this morning and decided to make a little video celebrating the event in a rather special way!

Last edited:
Oh, and I hit 1,000,000,000 credits this morning and decided to make a little video celebrating the event in a rather special way!

Cool, and thanks for posting the music info as well Alec, reminded me of my earlier days listening to psychedelic bands.

Not sure though if you can serve as a role model for newcomers on how to approach and leave a space station. Har har.

Cool, and thanks for posting the music info as well Alec, reminded me of my earlier days listening to psychedelic bands.
Actually you'll have to thank Youtube for that - they automatically add information about copyrighted music featured in a video. I sometimes do mention it in my description but not on this occasion. Mogwai are often referred to as "Post Rock" genre. If you like that then their albums (especially the earlier ones) are really worth checking out. I'd also really recommend "Explosions In The Sky" as another terrific "Post Rock" band ..

Not sure though if you can serve as a role model for newcomers on how to approach and leave a space station. Har har.
You say that but the new player experience does encourage people to fly fast right from their very first moment in the game! :LOL:
9JeXOXh.png

Last edited:
Note: Will Flanagan made a further update to the ARX thread, clarifying things such as typical values for various cosmetic items. Post linked in Trending.

Trending: the September update (including a flight tutorial for new players and a pile of bugs for existing players), Frontier fail to downplay new STORE (which was always going to be slightly contentious no matter how innocent its intentions) but shoving it in peoples faces with a bright blue UI element right there in station services (players respond with humorous orange and blue protest), Frontier celebrate 35 years of Elite and Speedbowl is back, harder and faster than ever!

Top Bottom