Amazingly Realistic Immersion Mod

I'm becoming more experienced with the d3dx.ini file. I'll release an optimized update in the coming days.

I may also go ahead and release the shaders for my custom HUD colors. This includes the ability to filter out all white targets on the radar (materials, wakes, limpets, etc). Just understand that these shaders were specifically written with my preferred colors in mind - they may not be easy to change unless you really know what you are doing.

I'm assuming Frontier has no plans to provide HUD cosmetics anytime soon (considering people have been asking for this feature for years now).

Last edited:
I'm assuming Frontier has no plans to provide HUD cosmetics anytime soon (considering people have been asking for this feature for years now).
My educated guess is that they are rewriting a lot of the game for Odyessey. That might include the code that handles HUD colors, and they might do HUD cosmetics then. Since, as you’ve pointed out, people have indeed been asking for years and it’s a low hanging basket of micro transaction fruit.

HUD On 001.jpg

HUD Off 001.jpg

I was finally able to get rid of that annoying "float right in your face in VR" notification! I was also able to get rid of those side lines without losing the important bits. This was not trivial (the coding is simple, but solving the initial puzzle was not). I also don't know if my code would work on radically different screen resolutions.. I'll test in VR later.

View attachment 181457

View attachment 181458

I was finally able to get rid of that annoying "float right in your face in VR" notification! I was also able to get rid of those side lines without losing the important bits. This was not trivial (the coding is simple, but solving the initial puzzle was not). I also don't know if my code would work on radically different screen resolutions.. I'll test in VR later.
I was out last night in VR and thinking about the bloody thing stuck right in my face, have to have a go at getting rid of it. And here it is, solved! Hope you have luck in VR later...
Then sell me the code for 1000 T of Tritium.

I'll happily give you 2000t for the blue skies code!
I back-burnered the blue sky code (which is purely experimental / "tech demo") so I could clean up and optimize the main "day to day" shaders and config file, but once I do that, I'll return my attention the the blue sky code. I really want to try to get a nicer gradient if at all possible, along with some other things.

Of course I would get more done if I didn't keep getting sucked into mindless, pointless debates in this forum. All you lovely shader fans, if you see me being "distracted" in other threads, just tell me, "Focus Old Duck, focus! You've got modding to do, remember?"

I need someone to keep me on task, LOL.

BTW, for anyone wanting to use this AND fiddle with stuff without having to re-do the .ini every time Duck has something new in store … this works just fine:

INI:
[include]
include=d3dx_realisticimmersion-beta.ini

Old Duck - when i play my game now the view is defaulting or starting at what would be the second press of the F1 button (no backs to holographic panels, no planet name/distance to target, etc).

i like having the option to choose this view but i still want my game to start with the regular original default view. is this something i can change?

Old Duck - when i play my game now the view is defaulting or starting at what would be the second press of the F1 button (no backs to holographic panels, no planet name/distance to target, etc).

i like having the option to choose this view but i still want my game to start with the regular original default view. is this something i can change?
near the top of the file, change $hideHUD = 1 to $hideHUD = 0

I'm still getting this flashing, especially noticeable when ambient light is turned on, where the lighting changes for about 1/4 of a second every 10 seconds or so. It's terribly off-putting. I'm not sure what is causing it, but I'm fairly certain it's one of my modified shaders. It might be the sun brightness, if that affects ambient light. I definitely want to keep "bright stars" but I may have to cap how bright they can get. I need to get to the bottom of this before I post any more updates.

I'm still getting this flashing, especially noticeable when ambient light is turned on, where the lighting changes for about 1/4 of a second every 10 seconds or so. It's terribly off-putting. I'm not sure what is causing it, but I'm fairly certain it's one of my modified shaders. It might be the sun brightness, if that affects ambient light. I definitely want to keep "bright stars" but I may have to cap how bright they can get. I need to get to the bottom of this before I post any more updates.
This might be what I get when going towards the letter box outside of some stations. It sort of flashes bright and stays on for a while then goes off. This happens about 2 or 3 times as I approach. I've learned to live with it as it doesn't bother me that much.
Just thought this may be the same thing as you describe.

Top Bottom