News ANNOUNCING ELITE DANGEROUS: HORIZONS

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hi Michael,

What constitutes premium beta?

I am a Beta backer. I paid £50 for the game in November 2014, so am I a premium beta backer or just a beta backer?

Do I have to pay an extra £30 to get this expansion?

If I do have to pay, is there any discount for "non premium" beta backers to get the life time expansion pass? £130 is a bit too pricey for me :(

https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=108

A list of different product installation folders under the main game folder and what the relate can be found here:•FORC-FDEV-D-1010 - Elite: Dangerous
•FORC-FDEV-D-1008 - Elite: Dangerous - Gamma
•FORC-FDEV-D-1003 - Elite: Dangerous - Mercenary Edition
•FORC-FDEV-D-1002 - Elite: Dangerous - Beta
•FORC-FDEV-D-1001 - Elite: Dangerous - Premium Beta
•FORC-FDEV-D-1000 - Elite: Dangerous - Alpha

Hey All,

The store doesn't seem to be applying my discount...

Anyone else?

Cheers

Toffs
( '-')7

I'd love to actually get to the screen that tells me what it's going to charge me (the checkout) but all I get is a white screen.... :`(

You want more depth, but turn down planetary landings and ground gameplay?

You realise how ridiculous that sounds right?

Planetary landings look like another shallow addition to the game, just like Power play. Where is the real content. Meaningful missions, better gameplay, better economy and all the other seemingly small improvements that players have been asking for. Right now, ED is great for those days when you need to turn off your brain and do something dull. Works perfectly from time to time. I'm loving mining right now, but I know it won't be long until it gets boring and looses it's novelty factor.
Just ask yourself, how many layers does this game have. When you do one mission, what comes next? When you destroy a pirate ship, what comes next? The answer is always the same: "Nothing". There is one single shallow layer on top of a big empty universe without any story to it. And no Power Play does not add another layer to the game, it's terribly shallow and pathetic for a modern game.

We all already knew that planetary landings are coming, as an expansion, so this is nothing new. So far it looks like it's basically nothing but eye candy and that wears off quickly.
Expecting people to pay $40.00 for something based on a 40 second video and 2 paragraphs of text with hardly any information is what is ridiculous.

ED is a good game and I got my moneys worth for it, but I am sad that FD is missing the opportunity to make it Great. Original Elite was legendary. I still fondly remember it 30 years later. Current Elite will be quickly forgotten. What we have gotten so far is a great nostalgia trip for those who played Elite in the 80's but it's far from where it needs to be for a 21st Century game. FD will have to do show a lot more to get more money from me and I'm certain that I'm not the only one who sees it that way.

Last edited:
EDH == ED + the planetary landings - that was answered earlier in this thread

It's the SAME GAME but with the planetary landings, using the SAME galaxy data as everyone else.

Yes, as has been stated you are all still in the same galaxy, it's just that people who don't own horizons won't be able to take part in the Space Buggy demolition derbies with those that do.

Thanks for the Answer.

ED <> ED = Sure Works <--------------Only Sometimes :)
EDH <> EDH = Sure also Works<-------Can we be sure about this? :)
ED <> EDH = ??? (Chat?, Wings? Connection? See other?) Time will tell :)

Sorry just had too !!!

HiHi, i was thinking also to add some "Works" Comments extra but we know alrdy how many Bugs get ignored (i mean a simple Paint Bug that not fixed since Weeks...all sayed). I will not Buy EDH because i know from the Main Game how Bug fixing is prioritizes^^ My Friends will also not Buy but im in a Wing on INARA Site and some will Buy sure EDH so that i asked if it possible.

Michael Brookes

Game Director
And now for People that don`t want EDH? It i possible to Play with Player that are in the other Elite?

As Example:

ED <> ED = Sure Works
EDH <> EDH = Sure also Works
ED <> EDH = ??? (Chat?, Wings? Connection? See other?)

Yes, but any content specific to Elite Dangerous: Horizons won't be available. So iif you fly onto a planet surface then they won't be able to follow.

Michael

PC only for now. Mac will be later.

Michael

tumblr_inline_mnmjxcoYNs1qz4rgp.gif

Ah well - good job I didn't trash the Windows partition yet.

Javert

Volunteer Moderator
You're a beta backer - Premium Beta was £100 or higher reward tier.

Michael

Hi - I'm confused now. I am a £90 original kickstarter backer and in the original kickstarter descriptions it says that includes an expansion pass - I'm pretty sure I've seen expansion pass listed in my purchased items before - are you saying that doesn't entitle me to Horizons then?

Hi - I'm confused now. I am a £90 original kickstarter backer and in the original kickstarter descriptions it says that includes an expansion pass - I'm pretty sure I've seen expansion pass listed in my purchased items before - are you saying that doesn't entitle me to Horizons then?

Be cool -you, like me are covered...

I already own Elite: Dangerous, what am I entitled to?

I have the Standard Beta version of Elite: Dangerous, what do I get?
Elite Dangerous: Horizons is a brand new set of expansions for Elite: Dangerous but is not included in the standard beta package. You can purchase beta access to Elite Dangerous: Horizons on the Frontier Store if you'd like to help us test it!

Excited about the new release, and i will buy it, but this part above still peeves me a little, i still feel i should only have to buy the normal pack, and have my beta carry on to this, as in my mind, i feel my beta status i paid extra for, is being stripped away, and i now have to pay to maintain my status as a beta backer.

OK, I admit I was quite skeptical about future content, but this announcement made me buy the lifetime expansion pass.

Looking forward to try all this goodness in VR next year.

Rasatsu asked "Why is the ship in the trailer doing a prograde burn, and not a retrograde one? "

Maybe the pilot in the trailer was only a Beta backer so only got a prograde burning engine, retrograde only for Alpha`s. :)

Last edited:
^ This.

If somebody would have told me 8 months ago that my money merely went into the possibility to play the game for 8 months before paying full price AGAIN, I wouldn't have bought it in the first place.
It's just wrong if you ask me.

Why not just give existing ED players the possibility to UPGRADE to Horizons for about 10-20 bucks?

You don't need to buy the expansion. You will still be able to play the game as you did before, you just wont be able to land on planets.

Michael Brookes

Game Director

Yes - the digital pack included the expansion pass at £80 or higher so would include Horizons, however it would not provide you with beta access.

Michael

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom