Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch Notes

Of course they don't! The spend all day trying to make the game as bad as possible!

Their ultimate goal is to stop everyone playing of course, its obvious.

You should post more theories like this, its really interesting.

Did you know the devs stick pins in voodoo dolls of players in their lunch breaks?
That's why I've got mysteroius holes in my shirts. Now if I could figure out why my socks disappear after I put them in the dryer...

How would a newb afford a beluga, i've been in the game years and can't afford one, unless Elite is going pay to win...
There are so many quick money making routes (the latest one being Void Opal Mining) now that it is easily possible to have a pilot get into the larger ships before they are equipped to handle them.

As much as I would like only 'qualified' pilots to be able to handle the larger ships, if one pilot's inability to fly correctly impinges on another pilot's ability to leave space dock, then the auto-undock computer can only help.

Hey guys,

Thank you all for your feedback on the Drag Pacifiers. We've gathered your comments and sent them onto the development team for further consideration!
Pacifiers itself are in a good spot. The new drag changes alone make those OP, but the same happens to seekers and especially packhounds, they too become very OP with the change to drag effect.

Just revert the change and be good with it

Oh my god please stop embarrassing yourself, drag pacifiers are not countered by TLB, first off TLB has a 5 second cooldown making that totally wrong as it is. It's also utterly wrong in that TLB even without cooldown absolutely does not counter fixed which is just hilarous. It never did pre TLB nerf and in the plasma meta let me ask you, how do you think they managed to become the dominant weapon in pvp despite having an even slower shot speed than PA's and not having a spread? Because TLB is not an effective counter.
High Yield Shell is the mod that gives extra module damage to cannons and doesn't affect fixed whatsoever, more ignorance on display, if you meant force shell you are again talking about something you do not understand whatsoever here is a video of exactly how that strategy fails horribly
Source: https://youtu.be/um9maGbHxRc

Overcharged screening shell is not a counter, having more DPS than the other weapon due to the mod is not a counter, not in the definition of a counter nor in the ingame sense. You just keep doing it, showing that you have never actually done any of this, DPS does not win that's why the meta is plasma and before it rapid fire lasers and before it multicannons, because DPS does not win.
Stealth is also not a counter due to wing hostility, it's like you have never played this game.
Long range weapons and kiting does not work in wingfights, more evidence jesus christ, please stop this hurts to read.

Wow so much tangential posting and goal post shifting, where to start?

Pacs are countered by TLB, because ToT vs agile pilots isn't 100%, unlike beating up on drifty Asps with 100% gimbal powered ToT. Even with the cooldown, Pacs are so ToT dependent vs ships like FDLs, that combining evasion with TLB can cut down on your Pac DPS by 30 to 60%. Force shell is a counter as well if the pilot you're flying against is good and in a comparable ship evasion wise and you're using fixed weapons, like Pac or PAs, not gimbaled MCs. As for stealth, this is more of 1v1 or station ambush tactic, it's very effective if done well or combined with the other tactics. Bringing up wings is getting into a different topic where there are so many variables that it is almost pointless to discuss in detail. In general I find a that wing fights are won by attrition (of which DPS superiority plays a major role), since evasion like stealth doesn't work very well vs multiple targets unless they are really really bad or you are really just that good. Which brings me to the DPS as a counter argument. Yes it is a counter. You might be good enough to evade my higher DPS frags, but I assure most FDL pilots in the meta rails+PA build are NOT, likewise with people who have attempted to use drag frags on me. Unless you are suggesting that FDev balance the game around your personal evasion abilities?

Last edited:

Pacs are countered by TLB, because ToT vs agile pilots isn't 100%, unlike beating up on drifty Asps with 100% gimbal powered ToT. Even with the cooldown, Pacs are so ToT dependent vs ships like FDLs, that combining evasion with TLB can cut down on your Pac DPS by 30 to 60%. Force shell is a counter as well if the pilot you're flying against is good and in a comparable ship evasion wise and you're using fixed weapons, like Pac or PAs, not gimbaled MCs. As for stealth, this is more of 1v1 or station ambush tactic, it's very effective if done well or combined with the other tactics. Bringing up wings is getting into a different topic where there are so many variables that it is almost pointless to discuss in detail. In general I find a that wing fights are won by attrition (of which DPS superiority plays a major role), since evasion like stealth doesn't work very well vs multiple targets unless they are really really bad or you are really just that good. Which brings me to the DPS as a counter argument. Yes it is a counter. You might be good enough to evade my higher DPS frags, but I assure most FDL pilots in the meta rails+PA build are NOT. Unless you are suggesting that FDev balance the game around your personal abilities?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the counter to TLB at range is one click on my Hotas, and if you're jousting past me I simply need to shoot in your direction to hit you, so how is TLB a counter to Pacifiers? Really, explain it to me, I don't get it.

Do we get a console update without crashes this time Frontier? Any chance of not introducing easy to catch bugs were we can wait indefinitely for a fix or until a next content update? That would be much appreciated.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the counter to TLB at range is one click on my Hotas, and if you're jousting past me I simply need to shoot in your direction to hit you, so how is TLB a counter to Pacifiers? Really, explain it to me, I don't get it.
It isn't, drag applies even if one pellet hits. Just turn around and unload. Sure it's a minor inconvenience but that's about it.

Some time ago I was fighting few times with a CMDR in Corvetta who use PackHounds very often, he has the Drag effect.
I know that he is chasing now DW2 to gank them, Frontier did u made a gift to him? :)
He progress very fast and ship is armed :) good job Frontier... salty explorers will be happy :D

Pacs are countered by TLB, because ToT vs agile pilots isn't 100%, unlike beating up on drifty Asps with 100% gimbal powered ToT. Even with the cooldown, Pacs are so ToT dependent vs ships like FDLs, that combining evasion with TLB can cut down on your Pac DPS by 30 to 60%. Force shell is a counter as well if the pilot you're flying against is good and in a comparable ship evasion wise and you're using fixed weapons, like Pac or PAs, not gimbaled MCs. As for stealth, this is more of 1v1 or station ambush tactic, it's very effective if done well or combined with the other tactics. Bringing up wings is getting into a different topic where there are so many variables that it is almost pointless to discuss in detail. In general I find a that wing fights are won by attrition (of which DPS superiority plays a major role), since evasion like stealth doesn't work very well vs multiple targets unless they are really really bad or you are really just that good. Which brings me to the DPS as a counter argument. Yes it is a counter. You might be good enough to evade my higher DPS frags, but I assure most FDL pilots in the meta rails+PA build are NOT, likewise with people who have attempted to use drag frags on me. Unless you are suggesting that FDev balance the game around your personal evasion abilities?

Pacs aren't hard countered by TLB because they aren't ToT weapons like you claim. They're the best burst damage weapons in the game, even against good pilots. You don't need much ToT to spam your volley and get back to evading (even easier thanks to their almost zero distro draw). The only case where they'd be ToT weapons is if you went for G5 rapid fire + screening shells. I'll show a good example of their burst damage + evasion potential:

I would like an ounce of whatever you're smoking please.

Nice copying what I said, Pacs are not TOT weapons, they require more TOT than PAs but that doesn't make them TOT weapons, Again this is just total , TLB is so easy to counter, one keypress or scroll wheel notch, you are pulling those numbers out of thin air. Also if you are trying to say that, that fight was won by gimballed MC's then we really do have some bigger issues here, stealth is still totally wrong, again you don't know how wing hostility works, it is still the exact same even if it's one person shooting. Also station ambush looool, you don't ambush pvp ships anymore the TTK is waaaaayyy too high again is your Entire PVP experience watching the AA "This is our house" Video??
Bringing up wings is absolutely not a different topic, wing fighting IS pvp, that is what pvp is and what we do, you just have no idea lmao is this some kind of joke? 'Wingfights are won by attrition' of course, that could mean literally anything, and no DPS superiority absolutely does not play a major role, cannot facepalm any harder, application of DPS and ability to evade it is first of all entirely separate and also completely different. That is what wins you wingfights, "evasion doesn't work well against multiple targets" YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, i'm going to have a seizure if you keep typing like this. You have never done one clearly, you can and people do it every single wingfight there is, it is an absolutely CORE skill of a PVPer, honestly I can't tell if you are just trolling at this point. "yes it is a counter" no it is not, a counter is emissive to Silent running, a counter is missiles to hulltanks, a counter is feedback cascade to banks. having more DPS via different mods is not a "counter" again should this totally incorrect view be correct, isn't it a bit odd that no one runs rapid fire screening shell frags? Given that they have the highest sustained DPS in the game? It certainly isn't to me because having higher DPS is no counter whatsoever. Also if you think you can beat a meta pilot with frags I just suggest you actually try, I can arrange such a fight right now so you can get hit with some reality.

The context of that quote was:
combining evasion with TLB can cut down on your Pac DPS by 30 to 60%.
This is what I meant by a counter. Not that you won't get hit by a single pellet. Granted once drag is applied, under the current effect duration, you could be perma snared by frags, which of course should not be possible.

It isn't, drag applies even if one pellet hits. Just turn around and unload. Sure it's a minor inconvenience but that's about it.

This is why drag frags shouldn't be any where near as long lasting in their effects as missiles. Whether they are Pacs or auto turreted frags.

Top Bottom