Hi Paige/WillHello everyone,
Firstly, thank you for all of the feedback you have shared so far!
We’ve been looking through your comments and wanted to provide some clarity on some topics of discussion:
It seems there has been some confusion regarding the number of ARX in a pack, specifically if that bonus is included in or added to the displayed amount.
The bonus is always added on top of the base ARX in a pack. We've added the Total ARX included in each pack for you here:
GAME EXTRA PRICES
- 5000 ARX Pack
- 8,400 ARX Pack (+420 bonus) = 8,820 total ARX
- 16,800 ARX Pack (+900 bonus) = 17,700 total ARX
- 25,500 ARX Pack (+1,300 bonus) = 26,800 total ARX
- 51,000 ARX Pack (+3,000 bonus) = 54,000 total ARX
- 85,000 ARX Pack (+15,000 bonus) = 100,000 total ARX
Some of you have understandably requested some context in the form of prices of Game Extras in ARX, so that you can get an idea of your spending power, and how much your weekly free ARX will net you. We’ve provided a list of item types below and the range of prices they will cost in ARX. There are too many products to give you an exhaustive list of prices here, but to give you some idea, here are some examples of products and price ranges:
You can expect these prices for the following item types:
As mentioned by Executive Producer Adam Woods on the livestream, some Game Extras will only be available in bundles, such as Ship Kits and Holo-Me Customisation items.
- Decals - 50 to 150 ARX
- Individual Fighter and SRV Paint Jobs - 460 to 3280 ARX
- Individual Ship Paint Jobs - 620 to 5,520 ARX
- Individual Bobbleheads – 2,450 to 6,450 ARX
- COVAS – 8,850 ARX
- Ship Kits (sold in Bundles) – 11,750 to 13,520 ARX
EARNING ARX WHILE PLAYING
A key pillar of ARX is the ability to earn Game Extras over time through gameplay, which has previously not been possible. When earning free ARX, every Commander will be able to quickly spend them on a variety of items or save them for later purchases.
FRONTIER STORE DOWNTIME
- We don’t want to alter the way you play Elite Dangerous; we’ve looked at common in-game actions across all the main careers or activities (such as Exploration, Trade and Combat) and ensured that those actions provide a number of ARX.
- By simply engaging with those activities, as you would normally (such as exploring a new system, hauling cargo or destroying other ships), you will receive a number of ARX.
- Being in-game but inactive will not reward you with ARX. It isn’t based on time spent in-game, but on the actions you take.
Please let us know if you have any questions and we’ll do our best to answer where we can!
- To clarify on the Frontier Store Downtime, cosmetic items and Game Extras will not be available for purchase from 16 September at 07:00 (UTC) and will go live again once the September Update has been deployed.
Thanks for the clarifications....
What happens to accumulated ARX if the game client terminates inelegently ?