Notice ARX and Frontier Points Conversion

[QUOTE = "yminale, publicación: 7999863, miembro: 160186"]
Los traficantes de drogas dan muestras gratis para engancharte. Hmmm ?!
[/CITAR] emmmm,not in my country...and in none

We're up to 20 pages now in this thread and I haven't read all of them. So apologies if this point has already been raised.

In the past the FD store has run sales quite regularly. I have bought quite a few cosmetics during those sales in the past.

So, will there still be cosmetics sales when ARX are introduced ?

And IF there are going to be sales, how will they work ?
Will the item cost less ARX to buy ? eg: a 5000 ARX item will be reduced to 3000 ARX.
Or will the cost of the ARX themselves be reduced ? eg: 85000 ARX can be purchased for £30 instead of £50.

Just asking.

Fine enjoy getting ripped off by Fdev and their chinese masters Tencent. This game is clearly dying and that's why this whole ARX nonsense is happening (to squeeze out the last remaining dollars from the player base).

To get you to SPEND more money.

That's simply how business works. But only some moons ago, paint jobs where twice the price of today (6 EUR for a pack), and most of mine I bought full price then. Nobody forced me to do that. Even today, nobody forces anyone to buy cosmetics, and you even get the currency free now so you don't have to spend any money at all. So what? There is more reason in the Chant of the Lepers Choir, methinks.

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
We're up to 20 pages now in this thread and I haven't read all of them. So apologies if this point has already been raised.

In the past the FD store has run sales quite regularly. I have bought quite a few cosmetics during those sales in the past.

Will the item cost less ARX to buy ? eg: a 5000 ARX item will be reduced to 3000 ARX.
Or will the cost of the ARX themselves be reduced ? eg: 85000 ARX can be purchased for £30 instead of £50.

Just asking.

Oh there probably going to be the sales. Your problem is that you are going to spend more than you want because of the ARX bundle.

Deleted member 110222

D

Just asking.
Most of the MMOs I play, all of which have similar MTX currencies, actually run both types of sale at varying times.

This leads to what we call "double dipping", where we buy the currency when it is on discount, but then don't spend it until there is a discount on the individual products in the cash shop.

That's simply how business works. But only some moons ago, paint jobs where twice the price of today (6 EUR for a pack), and most of mine I bought full price then. Nobody forced me to do that. Even today, nobody forces anyone to buy cosmetics, and you even get the currency free now. There is more reason in the Chant of the Lepers Choir, methinks.

O7,
🙃

I paid full price as well because Fdev loves to screw you over. They won't allow modding and unlike Rebel Galaxy Outlaws doesn't have a simple paint editor.

Deleted member 110222

D
I paid full price as well because Fdev loves to screw you over. They won't allow modding and unlike Rebel Galaxy Outlaws doesn't have a simple paint editor.
"Won't allow modding"

Well yeah. That's generally avoided in online games that feature PvP.

To be frank we're lucky FD doesn't go around banning people for editing HUD colours.

[CITA = "yminale, publicación: 7999904, miembro: 160186"]
Oh, probablemente habrá ventas. Su problema es que va a gastar más de lo que quiere debido al paquete ARX.
eres realmente tóxico, deja el juego, solo mi consejo
[QUOTE = "yminale, publicación: 7999909, miembro: 160186"]
También pagué el precio completo porque a Fdev le encanta fastidiarte. No permitirán la modificación y, a diferencia de Rebel Galaxy Outlaws, no tiene un editor de pintura simple.
[/CITAR]
man,you are really toxic,why are you still playing?leave the game,just my advice

Most of the MMOs I play, all of which have similar MTX currencies, actually run both types of sale at varying times.

This leads to what we call "double dipping", where we buy the currency when it is on discount, but then don't spend it until there is a discount on the individual products in the cash shop.

you forget that you have no financial protection. Those currency can disappear or be devalued at any time. Of course what happens when the game shuts down. Banking game currency is risky. Plus you are still spending more than you need and the extra sticks around.

These were £5... According to the PC prices they are no longer £5 in Arx.. as you can not buy these with the £5 Arx bundle... so this is a price increase added for the item that did only cost £5...
PC users should by these NOW if they want them as after Arx change over they will increase in price...
Depends... based on the stated ARX bundle price list the cheapest ARX value is essentially ~2000 ARX/GBP while the most expensive is ~1667 ARX/GBP meaning the cheapest real money value of a COVAS pack would be ~4.43 GBP while the most expensive effective price would be ~5.32 GBP.

The near enough break even point for ARX versus current shop prices using COVAS as a baseline would be the 4.99 GBP pack which gives you 8820 ARX.

On balance using COVAS as a baseline, if you buy the larger ARX packs you will probably be actually better off by up to about 12% (with the larger bundles) and only worse off (by about 6%) if you only ever buy the lowest tier of ARX packs (5000 ARX - fixed typo).

Further more, With the FREE ARX you can earn by playing the game... upto 400 ARX per week (Source) - you should be able to get a FREE COVAS pack about twice a year (about every 23 weeks/5.3 months) by simply playing ED on a regular basis.

Overall, FD's pricing structure for the ARX packs seems quite fair and reasonable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom