Notice ARX FAQ

The logic would be that commercially they favors the most used.
Sadly they don't do it this way. Someone made a post on reddit about this a few years ago. Still holds true today. Frontier makes a lot of paintjobs for some ships and none for others.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/6bu7bn Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/6bu7bn/ship_popularity_vs_number_of_cosmetic_items/

qqj1tka207yy.png

I have quite a few Tactical paint packs from which I've only ever used the Tactical Ice skin. If these are to be individually purchasable going forward, will I get a pro-rata refund into my arxhole for all the ones I've never used?

I do like the idea of being able to switch paint jobs etc. without needing to be docked; it's something that's often been requested and of course it makes sense for FD since they'll sell many more cosmetics to long-term explorers who would otherwise not have bothered. Eventually I would like to see this integrated into the game's lore, perhaps through "nanotech hull coatings" or similar, and accessible through the ship's UI. But for now I'm happy for it to be on the menu. Also, I'm not sure how ship kits could be integrated in this way, other than by invoking 3D printers and licenses, and we all remember how well that went with SLFs... 😲

Maybe the out-of-game menu system is the least damaging option in the long run.

As a side question (not really an arx question, but related): if we apply newly bought skins while "out in the black", will we also have the option to refresh the wear and tear or will this be something that's still limited to station services? I can imagine a few people getting the hump if they drop their arx on a shiny new skin only for 40% of it to remain invisible because of 20,000ly of erosion. (Of course that too would pose a problem if integrated into lore; if "nanotech hull coatings" can be made to eliminate wear and tear, why aren't they doing it all the time?)

"We've already got 'Frontier Points' " .... That's the real issue, that console players have to use two currencies. The issue is NOT that PC players don't use "Frontier Points". The correct way to solve the problem should be to remove "Frontier Points" for console players, and have them be able to buy paintjobs and stuff with in-game credits. The wrong way to solve it is to force the convoluted two-currency system on PC players, that's being done to try to squeeze more cash out of a constantly shrinking playerbase.

I have no problem with them making money on the game- that is what keeps the game running after all. With that said you would think they would cater more to the requests of the players that play said game.
I suggested that they create an editor for paint jobs that the players can design themselves and upload to the store(for free) to be sold to them(or anyone else) at the same pricing levels.
But then you would have people B^&*()%g that they are paying for their own work ROFLMAO
It could be a hosted editor.

I fully expect frontier to bump up the price of cosmetics by 10% when this currency exchange thing happens.

So you will basically be getting less value then before.

It says you can't give Arks as gifts?.? Or am I missing something?
Nope not missing a thing, It say it in the FAQ that you cant give your Arxe to anyone.
I didn't say "you can already gift Premium Currency to other CMDRs". I literally said:
I would like to point out that you are really missing a chance to make a LOT more money on the store front, if you make them available as "Gifts" from one Commander to another you will sell much more than you do- Big mistake! HUGE!
You can already send cosmetic gifts from the Frontier Store
🤷‍♂️

"We've already got 'Frontier Points' " .... That's the real issue, that console players have to use two currencies. The issue is NOT that PC players don't use "Frontier Points". The correct way to solve the problem should be to remove "Frontier Points" for console players, and have them be able to buy paintjobs and stuff with in-game credits. The wrong way to solve it is to force the convoluted two-currency system on PC players, that's being done to try to squeeze more cash out of a constantly shrinking playerbase.
:ROFLMAO:

Do you know what you said?

You stated that console players should use in game currency to purchase skins. As far as im aware those credits are not bought but earned in game.
As it needs explaining (maybe I wrote it badly), here goes ....
First, what I said ....

So my points were .... Console players have to buy a virtual currency "Frontier Points" with real cash, and then use that virtual currency to buy painjobs and stuff. PC players don't currently have this, they simply buy paintjobs with real money.
My second point was that instead of making it easier for console players, Frontier are making it harder for PC players, and this is not the correct way to solve the parity situation they mention.
My third point was that Elite Dangerous already has an in-game currency, "credits" and if Frontier wanted players to simply buy paintjobs and stuff in-game, they could use that, and not this stupid 2nd currency they are forcing on PC players, who I am sure, not one asked for this (seriously, did any console player ask Frontier to make things more stupid, convoluted and a rip-off for PC players? I don't think so).

Last edited:
Top Bottom