Notice ARX FAQ

In Star Trek Online you can earn as much Dilithium ore as possible yet you can only refine 8000 units per day. Can we have a similar system in ED where you can over earn on Arx but only 400 are moved from the pending stack to the active stack? The reason behind this request is that after a long exploration trip I have maxed out my 400 Arx, yet I still have a significant amount of data to sell, if I wait until the next reset to sell more so not to lose the Arx I am not playing the game. This situation could last for a couple of weeks until I've cleared the data. (this is an example)

Ta.

Seems sensible tbh.

Might be easier to just reward the activity a bit more though, rather than just the completion.

In Star Trek Online you can earn as much Dilithium ore as possible yet you can only refine 8000 units per day. Can we have a similar system in ED where you can over earn on Arx but only 400 are moved from the pending stack to the active stack? The reason behind this request is that after a long exploration trip I have maxed out my 400 Arx, yet I still have a significant amount of data to sell, if I wait until the next reset to sell more so not to lose the Arx I am not playing the game. This situation could last for a couple of weeks until I've cleared the data. (this is an example)
I think there were reasons that the Arx cap does not roll over. Frontier want people playing the game. It also limits their exposure if an exploit is found.

I think maybe there might be a middle road. Say for instance that any week you earned over 50 Arx, that would be made up to 400 if you had sufficient saved up.

Might be easier to just reward the activity a bit more though, rather than just the completion.
But that's better. I can't see why exploration doesn't reward more for new discoveries and first mapping, in line with the credit reward. I suppose there might be some issues with data security and how the server-client works. It's possible that the client could be hacked to register more rewards than it should.

Ta.
Please help us gain awareness for the debilitating condition of ARXLAX!

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
@Paige Harvey - Please explain why the purchase of ARX, a digital product, is insisting on collecting a physical address that is not required for the provision of said product? Nothing personal against your organisation, it's just business and I have anonymous credit on my Steam wallet that I would like to use.

I refuse to compromise my personal security. Does that exclude any and all ARX purchases?

[Note: As I'm stuck at step one in the process, is it possible to purchase ARX via Steam at all?]

Hello @Six6VI,
  • For digital purchases in the stores we require a 'Billing Address' as standard. Most systems use this process nowadays and it is just standard billing procedure for any of our products.
  • At the moment, you will not be able to purchase any ARX without entering your billing address.
  • Currently, you cannot purchase ARX via Steam, but it is something the team are looking into implementing in the near future.

o7 Commander

Hello @Six6VI,
  • For digital purchases in the stores we require a 'Billing Address' as standard. Most systems use this process nowadays and it is just standard billing procedure for any of our products.
  • At the moment, you will not be able to purchase any ARX without entering your billing address.
  • Currently, you cannot purchase ARX via Steam, but it is something the team are looking into implementing in the near future.
o7 Commander
I had a rather large Steam balance I was using to purchase store items. Now that you've switched to ARX (bad bad!), it looks like I'll have to spend my money on something else...

I will NOT spend a dime on this. Give us the option to buy cosmetics from the store or increase the in game weekly accrual. This is a FAIL! What idiot thought this garbage up? He/she/it should be drug tested and sent for a Mental Health Assessment. (Sorry Braben but the kids are out of control!)
Do you REALLY kiss your mom/wife/husband/boy-/girlfriend / Dad / siblings and all other sorts of relationships with this mouth?😲🤢

Last edited:
Without exiting either
Have you considered doing your 'make-up' before starting playing (or when exiting a session)? It is what I try to remember to do...

But remember, pre-Arx you would have had to be in a station that supported livery to change anything, so we are already in a better place cosmetics-wise than we were - far more choices :)

This should be suffice:

Otherwise: 🖕😁
It is sooo hard to be correct these days, but I think you covered all combinations really well. The best thing about doing this once, of course, is that you can just refer to it ad nauseum to conclude that, naturally, you are the height of political correctness!
(problem with writing is facetiousness is difficult to convey in words...)

Top Bottom