Hi, I am also back to playing ED since a couple of years….
I have a Thrustmaster Warthog and I have a question regarding the settings from Aussidroid...

Can anyone tell me how to preform YAW ??
I can do the pitch and roll with the joystick, and I used to have yaw set to the thumbswitch on the throttle, but I cannot figure out how to do it with the settings from Asussiedroid...

Crashed and burned already twice in dock…..

Hi @glockinstructor ,

Try the coolie switch on the front of the throttle.
I seem to recall that may be bound in the controller settings (bind file) that Aussiedroid provides.

Clicker

Last edited:
From Aussiedroid's docos on the steam site...

yaw.jpg

Just one thing...

THANKS A LOT for this configuration :)
That - with VR is all I need.

(OK, some small adjustment in binding like swap Roll with Yaw and FSS changes).

BTW - if you'd do in documentation mapping not as picture but as text it would be possible to search commands, not to analyse picture only.

A step by step installation process for complete dummys would help immensely. I am a complete binding dummy but would love to use this script. Any help would be appreciated. This would improve the warthog greatly. If there is already a dummy file here would you please point me to it.

Hi @epoch5,

Aussiedroid provides 2x binding files in his download bundle.
One for players who have the MFG Crosswind pedals and one for those without.

Once you download and unzip his script package, navigate to either the "EDBindings\without mfg crosswind" or "EDBindings\with mfg crosswind" folder and copy the .bind file to your Elite Dangerous bindings folder. This is normally found at "c:\users\%username%\appdata\local\frontier developments\elite dangerous\options\bindings".

You can simply type \users\%username%\appdata\local\frontier developments\elite dangerous\options\bindings directly in the address bar of windows file explorer to open a file explorer window directly at that location.

You need to make sure the script is running before you start Elite Dangerous, then once the game is loaded, go to the controller settings and select the "Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 4.2.1" controller profile.

Hope this helps, but if you do get stuck, just ask here and we'll do our best to help.

Clicker

Hi @epoch5,

Aussiedroid provides 2x binding files in his download bundle.
One for players who have the MFG Crosswind pedals and one for those without.

Once you download and unzip his script package, navigate to either the "EDBindings\without mfg crosswind" or "EDBindings\with mfg crosswind" folder and copy the .bind file to your Elite Dangerous bindings folder. This is normally found at "c:\users\%username%\appdata\local\frontier developments\elite dangerous\options\bindings".

You can simply type \users\%username%\appdata\local\frontier developments\elite dangerous\options\bindings directly in the address bar of windows file explorer to open a file explorer window directly at that location.

You need to make sure the script is running before you start Elite Dangerous, then once the game is loaded, go to the controller settings and select the "Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 4.2.1" controller profile.

Hope this helps, but if you do get stuck, just ask here and we'll do our best to help.

Clicker
I will give it a try. Thank you much.

Greetings all,

First, thank you AD for this wonderful script! I am having a problem with my throttle, however.

A little background:
-- I first played ED when it was new, got my Warthog around that time, am pretty sure I was using your Target profile way back then and it worked great, but I haven't played in several years.
-- Originally my system was Windows 7 based. Very recently (like a week and a half ago), I did an in-place "upgrade" to Windows 10. Miraculously, it went smoothly and my system seems more stable than it has been in some time. More recently (like last week), I fried my mobo, updated it to a current model (trading in my 4th gen cpu for 9th), and even more miraculously, everything appears to be working swell.
-- I plugged in my HOTAS for the first time in months/years, flashed them to the current firmware, updated Target, reinstalled ED, installed the AD script, set my basic prefs (default everything, no rudder, no MFG, no VA; in-game map roll to X axis)
-- Everything calibrates fine, device analyzer appears to read the throttle position just fine, including respecting the Throttle Profile switch.

Once I'm in game, all of the controls work as expected, except for the throttle.

-- With Flaps Up (Forward Only), my speed basically runs full range with zero being roughly around stick half forward (call it 50%).
-- With Flaps Middle (Full range), I still get more or less the full range, but with zero occurring with the stick about 80% forward, -100 at about 20 or 30% and 0-->100 compressed in the forward 20% or so.
-- Flaps Down (Precision), I get -100 (I think) with the stick all of the way back, and zero speed with the stick all of the way forward.

Searching the internet in general and this forum in particular, I couldn't find anyone with the same issue. I'm a bit stumped on what to do. The game is basically playable -- if I leave Throttle Control forward I get essentially full range with no deadzone at 0, but I'm missing out on the other modes and the no deadzone makes landing and scooping extra fun.

Update: I think I fixed it.

So, with nothing running, Windows 10 Game Controllers shows 2 devices, the HOTAS Joystick and the HOTAS Throttle. Once I run Target and reopen the Game Controllers window, those two devices are gone and replaced with Thrustmaster Combined. I re-ran calibration... with the Throttle Control centered, and now everything seems to work.

As a side note, when running the Windows calibration routine for the Throttle, Z axis and, I think it's called Z rot, are presumably the two halves of the throttle stick. There's an X and a Y for the little red button I can never remember the name of, Slider for the range slider, and then something called "Throttle" that I can't figure out. Nothing seems to make that one move (including the, umm, throttle), and I don't see it having any impact on the overall calibration state.

Last edited:
Long story short, none of my PIPs or any thing was working (like 40% working). Trying to figure it out. found that it was my Razer Nostromo / Tartarus / N52 Gamepad. I unplugged it (has a joystick and analog keys) and now everything works.

So since i edited this post and was mostly useless and now i figured it out here is a question.

Does anyone have experience with multiple devices and know of a way to set the HOTAS as a priority in windows so that its recognized in ED and the keys all work,etc.. it seems if i unplug the razer and reboot with the HOTAS plugged in, it works, but looking for maybe a software fix, or some way to set USB device priority? or anyone ever find a way without having to unplug devices and reboot?

Last edited:
Folks....waaaaaay back in post #920 I introduced a concept of sending triggers to Voice Attack for things like changing Joystick curves etc.

It had a fundamental flaw insofar as if VA isn't running, the key-combo gets sent to the game...which may cause unwanted results.
Example, ED interprets LeftShift+1 as a 1 and opens the Nav Panel, whereas VA interprets the modified key-combos properly and will send a 1 through fine but won't send the LeftShift+1.

I have finally fixed this and added an EDIT at the bottom of the above post for anyone interested.

Clicker

Been away from ED for a while now, and am struggling with AD's script.
I can't even see how to charge the FSD! How is this done?
I have the same problem the only way I think I can use this script is if someone guides me through it over the phone and I am pretty sure that is not going to happen.

At least I worked out the FSD. It’s hold the pinky lever and then push throttle forward. I was holding pinky after moving the throttle!

It can be very confusing. However, just to get started, all you need to do is copy the bindings from the zip file to the folder stated in AD's readme. Then, just load the AD_ED_v4.2.1.tmc file into TARGET. Then click on RUN. Everything should compile OK and you will have a TM Virtual Device rather than your normal throttle/joystick.
Then in the Controls Options in ED, select the Aussiedroid one and you are good to go!
I advise printing the 'Printable-Joystick.jpg' and 'Printable-Throttle.jpg' files so you can see how the mapping works.

Another little tip, the file Beginners-Map.jpg is really helpful and includes most of what you need to get started presented in an easy-to-read way.

Folks....waaaaaay back in post #920 I introduced a concept of sending triggers to Voice Attack for things like changing Joystick curves etc.

It had a fundamental flaw insofar as if VA isn't running, the key-combo gets sent to the game...which may cause unwanted results.
Example, ED interprets LeftShift+1 as a 1 and opens the Nav Panel, whereas VA interprets the modified key-combos properly and will send a 1 through fine but won't send the LeftShift+1.

I have finally fixed this and added an EDIT at the bottom of the above post for anyone interested.

Clicker

For those who don't want the hassle of Voice Attack to provide text to speech duties...there's an alternative...voice.exe.
This is a command line tool written by Eli Fulkerson which can be found here.

The short version of its usage is as follows;

Code:
system("start voice.exe <insert text you want spoken here>");

Obviously, you'll need to download voice.exe and copy it somewhere easy to remember.
Then either add its path to Windows via the command line "Path" command, or include the path in your system() function call.

Example

Code:
system("start c:\\thrustmaster\\voice.exe text");

note: you must use "\\" wherever you have a folder bar as a single "\" is used in TARGET as an escape character.

I'm happy to expand on the above by including some code snippets where I've used this in my own scripts if anyone is interested.
Just ask!

Clicker

Last edited:
Good fot you I know little to nothing about bindings and the installation is just beyond me.
@epoch5 ,

This is NOT criticism...

Are you willing to learn?
Do you want ultimate control of both your investment in hardware and the game?
This script package will no doubt give you that.

The price?
You must spend time and effort to learn.

Why?

Elite Dangerous has a steep learning curve and it does NOT hold your hand.
Saying that, 7 years into this game...there is so much help available on youtube.

Plus, there are forum members who put in many, many hours adding to the base game which makes your experience as immersive as possible.

This thread and Aussiedroid’s script is one of many of those contributions.

Again, the cost is time and effort on YOUR part to learn.

Believe me when I say, any effort you expend is well worth it!

Plus, there is an awesome community here to help you get the best out of your investment.

So...having issues? Have a go at sorting it...and if and when you need help...come back and ask specific questions and include the steps you’ve already taken to resolve your issue.

You will get both help and solutions.

Clicker

Last edited:
This script is not that hard to figure out... in fact, if you understand how the modifiers work (in theory) then you can look at the giant picture JPG of the advanced script and basically figure it out. I started a month or two ago learning the script and now I can do everything I want. in fact, i didn't like 10 of the bindings and I ended up re-doing the script / binds in my game and forking it so that I can keep my updates and merge Aussies updates with mine. (Stuff like changing the way you view the interface inside the ship, changing some of the Yaw and pitch controls / modifying alternate controls, etc) now i feel like its perfect for my needs.

Top Bottom